Rider at Blue Bombers pre game thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 25, 2022, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 29, 2022, 03:35:17 PM
This is what I got from the other fan forum. I haven't read the whole article though because of pay wall.

Coupled with their own coaches comments about "not being very good".....expect a different Rider team on Friday.   Willie usually can back up his trash talking but you can expect the Riders to come out with retribution on their minds.....especially after we embarrassed them in the Banjo Bowl. 

Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

If this is our lineup, I am a little concerned for our D. Cooper at 224 is too small for a DE. He is slightly bigger than our LB's. Still no Clements?? DB's all the same which I expected. Will be there second full game together they should be better.  
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

This is what I got from the other fan forum. I haven't read the whole article though because of pay wall.

That was the only quote from Willie.

Neufeld and MOS had quotes, but they were more along the lines of, they're and good team and we can't take them lightly, etc.
My wife is amazing!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 03:47:23 PM
If this is our lineup, I am a little concerned for our D. Cooper at 224 is too small for a DE. He is slightly bigger than our LB's. Still no Clements?? DB's all the same which I expected. Will be there second full game together they should be better.  

I think the 224 is misleading. He was 240 during college.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/12/dejaun-cooper-2/
https://goyotes.com/sports/football/roster/dejaun-cooper/11473
https://monmouthhawks.com/sports/football/roster/dejaun-cooper/10311

GOLDMEMBER

yah not the smartest thing to blurt out in the media.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

M.O.A.B.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 29, 2022, 06:38:09 PM
Stop thinking that Cooper is DB. He is a DE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLp0d2Zn938

On the main page in the article about Bailey it showed Cooper in coverage as a DB. He played safety in the US so I think it's fair to call him a DB more than a DE? I suppose he could also be considered a LB as well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

He plays everywhere.  Can he play QB?  Riders need one don't they?

Pigskin

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 29, 2022, 06:38:09 PM
Stop thinking that Cooper is DB. He is a DE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLp0d2Zn938

Right under the highlights it says 6"3" 240, #8 OUTSIDE LB.  Now the Bombers have him listed as 6' 3" 224. So, is he a DE?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 29, 2022, 02:22:32 PM
What's techy? Did you get  number?  :)  sounded like a bonus, besides an entertaining game.  I too, love going to Regina, never had a problem.  I find the Regina folks to be the same as Winnipeggers.

tetchy: adj. peevish, testy, irritable (wouldn't you be with Cody as your QB?)

Number?  Haha, my wife would kill me.  Although, if I was single, it may have been an option!  :D :D

You nailed it DM83: Regina is like Winnipeg-lite.  The fans are so similar; that's what makes it so funny when one side is bashing the other as vastly different/bad.  I hate the Riders, but I've never hated the green fans.  Us two provinces in the center have the most devoted, best, loudest fans in the CFL.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 29, 2022, 03:47:23 PM

I think leaving the DB corps the same is pigheadedness; sticking too much to the "next man up" thing instead of doing an effective shuffle.

SSK is going to pick on that field side all night long.  I expect a lot of go/post routes to pick on Holm.  I'd be leery about blitzing BA.  He should stick back and shadow Holm and see if we can't turn the picking-on into INTs.

At least SSK will have no run game.  I would do cheetah pass rush all night long and ignore the run.  Let the LB or DBs worry about the odd LaFrance run.  LaFrance can have some good runs, but it's not something we have to focus on.  Instead, use the manpower to find a way to stop the quick pass & timing routes, which HAM showed is the way to beat us.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Techno, perfect assessment,  good game. For the Blue

theaardvark

Quote from: squonk on September 29, 2022, 10:59:15 PM
Sellout?

I think the better term for the attendance (33,000+) would be full house.

Many, many of the seats were not sold, but rather presented to either participants in the festivities, or others wearing orange shirts.  Nothing wrong with that, it made for a great atmosphere, and who knows how many new fans. 

Still, I'd say over 30k in paid attendance...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.