Argos at Redblacks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 24, 2022, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 26, 2022, 05:50:57 PM
Even if that is true, he might not ever be the same. Missed 12 games in 2019, 2020 season didn't happen, missed 2 games in 2021 and 9 so far in 2022. He'll be 35 before TC 2023. Can't help but wonder if he might be out of football next year.  I doubt he plays again in 2022. What would the point be if the Redblacks aren't in play off contention?

BLM is only a couple of years younger and his throwing arm/shoulder haven't ever seemed to have been the same since 2019. He might be available as a back up in 2023 at at much lower SMS?

There aren't enough QBs to go around. If Masoli is "healthy", he'll have a place to play.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 26, 2022, 06:19:34 PM
There aren't enough QBs to go around. If Masoli is "healthy", he'll have a place to play.

He's not rehabbing to retire within a few months, I think he'll be fired up and ready to go for next season and a few more after.  All of these older QB's are going to hang on as long as they can as the paydays are just too good, nowhere else are they going to earn $300k+.

DM83

Well with all these guys now pretending to Brady- like age, and doing just fine, why not in Canada.  Massoli should be fresh.  He hasn't played in four years.
Heck even that guy that played for Edmonton and then BC. and then retired should come back.  Were they not talking to Ricky Ray last week?  Wouldn't he look great someplace?  Heck, even Drew would look competive.  Even Matty Ice would be an East Division All-Star!!

Shirley, I gest!! :)  But, its not far off.

Before covid we had a bunch of younger  seemingly well developing  QBs.  Now the jury is out.

Arbuckle and Adams have to put up or shut up.

Memo to Ottawa, Regina, Edmonton and Hamilton, ...pay your Linemen!!

Redblacks were hard to watch.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Quote from: dd on September 26, 2022, 02:56:45 AM
Perhaps you haven?t been watching Ottawa?s offense?-they don?t have one!! If he?s such a great OC, why  don?t they have an offense?? Arbuckle isn?t that bad.
Lapo is a good to great OC
Currently his QBs are under preforming immensely
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 26, 2022, 03:04:26 AM
I don't know about that, we just saw plenty of evidence.  LaPo must be dreaming he had the 2018 version of Matt Nichols these days.
Agree
Quote from: Jesse on September 26, 2022, 04:34:59 PM
That is 100% a handicap. The teams with dedicated HCs are far more effective. Some just don't realize that. If I was a GM, I wouldn't allow it.
Agree
Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 02:56:24 AM
He had a good 2019 but runs hot and cold.
Agree

Will be interesting to see where BO goes and if he can be effective.  My thoughts are he will be a good price but be fairly average (will lack consistency).

Sir Blue and Gold

LaPolice is a bit of an enigma. He was effective at times in his career but also extremely ineffective other times. For sure he's not had great QBs in Ottawa but even Masoli looked off in Ottawa. He did get the most out of Nichols in Winnipeg but he did have a dynasty calibre run game to work with.

Overall, I would say the jury is still out on LaPolice as a "good to great OC". I wouldn't have questioned it before but I certainly would now.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 27, 2022, 01:41:10 AM
LaPolice is a bit of an enigma. He was effective at times in his career but also extremely ineffective other times. For sure he's not had great QBs in Ottawa but even Masoli looked off in Ottawa. He did get the most out of Nichols in Winnipeg but he did have a dynasty calibre run game to work with.

Overall, I would say the jury is still out on LaPolice as a "good to great OC". I wouldn't have questioned it before but I certainly would now.
Any good to great OC would have likely struggled in Ottawa last couple of years.  We can see what Lapo does next year and if he has a decent team and QB, that will be more fair season to judge him on.

Agree on using the term enigma.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Head Coach Winning % Tracker

Mike Kelly .389 (7-11)
Jim Daley .350 (28-52)
Paul Lapolice .314 (22-48)
Tim Burke .250 (7-21)
Jeff Reinebold .182 (6-27)
Bart Andrus .167 (3-15)

*While researching this I noticed wikipidia had Reinebold's 1998 record at 3-15 which I knew was wrong since he was fired during the season. I found another source to confirm the date he was fired and came across this:
https://jsportsblogger.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/the-worst-teams-of-all-time-part-33-the-1998-winnipeg-blue-bombers/
"With the game drawing to a close, frustrated Bomber fans on the East Side of the old Winnipeg Stadium began taunting Stamps slot back Allen Pitts. The response from Pitts was shocking as he jumped into the stands, and start pounding away at the drunken soul who was mocking him. The fan left worse for wear, while the Stamps bench tried to restrain Pitts. Most of the players were laughing at the fan as the Bomber players did nothing about it. The Bombers and the fans were both getting smashed by the Stampeders on that night."
Anyone remember that?

DM83