Argos at Redblacks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 24, 2022, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Lapos ream needs to pretty much win out and pray the Ticats and Riders lose?

Really depressing season for them. Great fans!

Argos can go to the out house as far as I am concerned.

Game discussion?.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BBRT

I am in agreement on your thoughts - I would like to see Ottawa win a few more games just for LaPolice's sake. This may be his last year in Ottawa.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BBRT on September 24, 2022, 05:48:04 PM
I am in agreement on your thoughts - I would like to see Ottawa win a few more games just for LaPolice's sake. This may be his last year in Ottawa.
It has been a failure. He has been given enough time to make it work and it has not. The Nathaniel Hackett of the CFL? lol yikes!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 24, 2022, 05:51:53 PM
It has been a failure. He has been given enough time to make it work and it has not. The Nathaniel Hackett of the CFL? lol yikes!

Knock out the starting QB early in the season and most coaches would be up ***** creek without a paddle, luckily O'Shea has not had to deal with that since landing Zach, but they would be hard pressed to win half their games without him.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 24, 2022, 06:56:42 PM
Knock out the starting QB early in the season and most coaches would be up ***** creek without a paddle, luckily O'Shea has not had to deal with that since landing Zach, but they would be hard pressed to win half their games without him.
likely but debatable.

pjrocksmb

Lapo is a good coach and will figure it out.  Losing your starting QB is a mountain to climb.

TecnoGenius

Will OTT win a single game at home this season??  After TOR today they will get home shots against MTL and HAM.  I suppose they could manage a win against one of those 3?

I think EDM might break the home-losing-streak before OTT.  EDM still has 2 shots against the East at home.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

I would have liked to see them had Masoli stayed healthy.

I doubt they would have been word beaters - but it would have been interesting to see if they could have kept up with the rest of the Eastern teams.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

MBT on fire last three games.  Putting doubters in a bind.

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 24, 2022, 11:16:54 PM
MBT on fire last three games.  Putting doubters in a bind.

Not really. He is what he is.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on September 24, 2022, 11:18:04 PM
Not really. He is what he is.

Agree but some on here were a wee bit too critical early season and he is showing that he is a decent veteran QB.

Ottawa D looks hungry.

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

GOLDMEMBER

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

That is a weak penalty on Behar

Pete

thats the type of call where the command center should step in especially in the red zone

GOLDMEMBER

Pete

i think the command center is watching the jays game

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on September 25, 2022, 12:10:08 AM
i think the command center is watching the jays game
lol yup Pigskin anyways  :D

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

Joke of a tackling attempt. 

Toronto will be in the grey cup. 

Kurleigh is great
Oulette is great
Secondary is very good
MBT will make mistakes but is serviceable

Ottawa is not very good

Pete

On that Arbuckle interception you could see him shying away from getting hit and threw it fading back

pjrocksmb

DM83

OMG.

Lapos team is the same every week.
How does this loser keep his job?

They. Lose the same way every week.  The Gatorade wears off and they wilt away.
I keep hoping Lapo can be respected, and win a game.  But it?s like Chevaldayoff.  Eleven years of awful results for the Jets and four years of the Ottawa no wins.

I can?t watch this.  I mean the movie Dunkirk is on and is depressing as well.  But at least the folks step up. 
Arbuckle is gun shy. And is done. I can?t watch

pjrocksmb

A wee bit harsh there, I am enjoying the game.

dd

Lapo screaming and calling a time out just before the half, only to knee it out, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, his absolute incompetence as a head coach. He should be gassed after this game and end the torture the Redblacks fans have had to endure.

The camera shot of the one fan flipping the RB s the bird pretty much sums it up. Absolute garbage

Tee42

pjrocksmb

Disagree game is entertaining, heavy disagree to fire Lapo.

DM83

Really a shame and am sad to say it?s like a car crash.
What will LaPolice do next to screw up. And whoever said it is right. Lapo should. Have 1quarte and five minutes left of his. cFL  coaching career.

I have never seen anything this bad.

pjrocksmb

Over stated on negative about Lapo here big time.  Great OC, still figuring out how to be a good head coach.  While it's bad I have seen worse in Winnipeg in the past than this.

pjrocksmb

Lapo another brain fart lol doing his best to be bad today

pjrocksmb

Opps someone forgot the ball lol

Pete

Chad Kelly  ..my vote for worst td celebration

The Zipp

It's not like Lapo is new to the game or even the HC role...he is lost on the sidelines.  Is he the OC too?

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pete on September 25, 2022, 01:18:44 AM
Chad Kelly  ..my vote for worst td celebration
Good because was funny

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on September 25, 2022, 01:19:03 AM
It's not like Lapo is new to the game or even the HC role...he is lost on the sidelines.  Is he the OC too?
Is he but he really isn?t and that?s the problem. He?s a horrible head coach, and not much better OC. Tired of th deer in the head lights looks all the time and by the sounds of it, so are the Ottawa fans. This group will not win another game under Lapo, thing is with the salary cap on coaches, who could they bring in to both be HC and OC with 3 games left. What a collective mess

pjrocksmb

Classic kick dog when down moment on forum

dd

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 25, 2022, 01:12:42 AM
Over stated on negative about Lapo here big time.  Great OC, still figuring out how to be a good head coach.  While it's bad I have seen worse in Winnipeg in the past than this.
still trying to figure it out!?!? He ll never figure it out. Ever. Why call a timeout only to knee the ball out and end the half. Total incompetence. Quit defending incompetence.

pjrocksmb

Bring on 3rd stringer, more overstated comments on negative above.  Yes the time out was a terrible call, as you can see previously I said Lapo has lost it as soon as he did that.

Lapo is a great OC, head coach work in progress.

We can agree to disagree here.

Full disclosure I didn't like Lapo early in his career and mid career he proved me wrong and I changed my mind on him.  These last two are regrettable.  A long term coach will have ups and downs.

pjrocksmb

Another duck, it's the Ottawa QBs that are the problem.

Pete

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 25, 2022, 01:24:36 AM
Classic kick dog when down moment on forum

I know there?s never anything negative in PJ town, but Lapo has shown again and again that he is not capable of being a HC. Maybe he would be better if he didn?t insist on being OC as well, but there is years of evidence that shows he?s not progressing at all.

Other than that 2011 season in Winnipeg, he?s never had more than 4 wins in a season.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 01:33:51 AM
I know there?s never anything negative in PJ town, but Lapo has shown again and again that he is not capable of being a HC. Maybe he would be better if he didn?t insist on being OC as well, but there is years of evidence that shows he?s not progressing at all.

Other than that 2011 season in Winnipeg, he?s never had more than 4 wins in a season.

Over stated on what I said, no I can be positive, negative and neutral, just because I have been positive over last 4 years on the Bombers doesn't mean I haven't posted a variety of opinions.  I simply don't agree that Lapo should be fired and folks are being a little harsh.  Never said he's doing good in Ottawa but I believe he still has the potential to to learn to become a decent HC.  Let's agree to disagree.

No need to ride the false narrative that I can only be positive.  Been on here for so long through good and bad and the biggest thing that I consistent on is stating my opinion and counter arguments. 

I got the positron label because I supported Hall, MOS, management, core players and our approach over the last four years (when many didn't).  That narrative has shown to be mostly valid.

Just because I think Lapo has a future as HC doesn't mean I'm right, just calling it like I see it.

GOLDMEMBER

Lapo gotta go. No joke.

Just not a good team expect the kicking game.

Crazy amount of picks on Evans his career is over! Inexcusable.

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 25, 2022, 01:39:37 AM
Over stated on what I said, no I can be positive, negative and neutral, just because I have been positive over last 4 years on the Bombers doesn't mean I haven't posted a variety of opinions.  I simply don't agree that Lapo should be fired and folks are being a little harsh.  Never said he's doing good in Ottawa but I believe he still has the potential to to learn to become a decent HC.  Let's agree to disagree.

No need to ride the false narrative that I can only be positive.  Been on here for so long through good and bad and the biggest thing that I consistent on is stating my opinion and counter arguments. 

I got the positron label because I supported Hall, MOS, management, core players and our approach over the last four years (when many didn't).  That narrative has shown to be mostly valid.

Just because I think Lapo has a future as HC doesn't mean I'm right, just calling it like I see it.

Well, I can?t see what you see.

5th year as an HC and he?s still making very avoidable mistakes that hurt the team.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 01:56:11 AM
Well, I can?t see what you see.

5th year as an HC and he?s still making very avoidable mistakes that hurt the team.
I am with Jesse and many others they never seem to make progress. 1 step forward 2 steps back in ever continuous manner?

GOLDMEMBER

You know you got great fans when people are in building RBs score many cheering patrons. You gotta like that.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

RUN THE CLOCK- Wolfie eyes

I AGREE!!!

Pete

To give credit to the Argos they seem to be trending upward as a very well rounded team.   i would put them on par with Calgary

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on September 25, 2022, 02:04:43 AM
To give credit to the Argos they seem to be trending upward as a very well rounded team.   i would put them on par with Calgary

In a tier below, imo.

They?ve been beating up on Eastern teams the last 4 games (someone has to win). The last time they played a West team, they scored 19 points, MBT didn?t throw a TD and averaged 6.4 yards an attempt (terrible).
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 02:11:58 AM
In a tier below, imo.

They?ve been beating up on Eastern teams the last 4 games (someone has to win). The last time they played a West team, they scored 19 points, MBT didn?t throw a TD and averaged 6.4 yards an attempt (terrible).

Trending right away, not a good as Calgary for sure.  Slightly behind BC.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 25, 2022, 01:22:45 AM
Is he but he really isn?t and that?s the problem. He?s a horrible head coach, and not much better OC.

Say what you want about Lapo as HC (Peter principle), but don't dis Lapo as OC.  Lapo is a superb OC and we (partially but in a major way) owe our '19 GC to him.

I bet if you asked Buck he'd be the first to say that Lapo taught him nearly everything he uses every week to clobber Ds.  The entire basis of the Buck system is the Lapo system.  Buck mainly added in a QB's flair and aggressiveness.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 02:11:58 AM
In a tier below, imo.

I do not get it with MBT is gets the attention because of TSN needing the Agogos needs a decent QB to be at least a bit viable in that market. He really is not that good to me. Fails the eye ball test more than passes.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 25, 2022, 02:44:26 AM
Say what you want about Lapo as HC (Peter principle), but don't dis Lapo as OC.  Lapo is a superb OC and we (partially but in a major way) owe our '19 GC to him.

I bet if you asked Buck he'd be the first to say that Lapo taught him nearly everything he uses every week to clobber Ds.  The entire basis of the Buck system is the Lapo system.  Buck mainly added in a QB's flair and aggressiveness.

Facts and reason stated above

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 02:54:10 AM
I do not get it with MBT is gets the attention because of TSN needing the Agogos needs a decent QB to be at least a bit viable in that market. He really is not that good to me. Fails the eye ball test more than passes.

He had a good 2019 but runs hot and cold.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 01:48:59 AM
Lapo gotta go. No joke.

There are some whispers of Buck going to HC somewhere (SSK??) if we get to / win the GC this year.  Not saying I think this will transpire.

But, if Buck goes and Lapo is fired, I would snap up Lapo to be OC again.  In a heartbeat.  Even better if OTT still has to pay him.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 02:00:56 AM
You know you got great fans when people are in building RBs score many cheering patrons. You gotta like that.

Ya the diehards still with STs supporting their team are awesome and remind of me of the WPG fans suffering through '12-'14.  Didn't the paper bags come out a few times back then?  Don't worry, OTT, it'll turn around... sometime.

P.S. All those defensive scores and that TOR OS for a OTT TD screwed up my cfl pickems total score of 51, argh.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 25, 2022, 02:44:26 AM

Perhaps you haven?t been watching Ottawa?s offense?-they don?t have one!! If he?s such a great OC, why  don?t they have an offense?? Arbuckle isn?t that bad.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on September 26, 2022, 02:56:45 AM
Perhaps you haven?t been watching Ottawa?s offense?-they don?t have one!! If he?s such a great OC, why  don?t they have an offense?? Arbuckle isn?t that bad.

I don't know about that, we just saw plenty of evidence.  LaPo must be dreaming he had the 2018 version of Matt Nichols these days.

TecnoGenius

A) Bad OL
B) Lapo's wearing too many hats.  He needs to concentrate just on OC duty in order to be effective.  He didn't suddenly lose all his OC mojo just because he's in OTT: he's trying to do too much and failing at it all.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Saw some Ottawa fans on twitter saying Lapo should be fired, and I can't say I disagree.  The front office SMS cap does hamstring GMs when it comes to coaching changes...

Good/Great OC, but that HC hat does not seem to fit.

Lapo won, time of possession an passing yards.  But 5 picks is tough to fight back from.   Not all on him.  But calling plays that allow for the D to read and make picks, that's problematic.  And not having your QB tuned in to not throw picks, again, coaching issue.

To me, the most telling "I'm not really an HC" moment was at the end of the 2nd quarter heading into halftime.  Calling a timeout and then taking a knee again.  What the fizzie was that?  Did he want a play run, and Arbuckle said "Nope"?  11 seconds left and in Tor territory, down 18-6, after just taking a sack, Arbuckle takes a knee, but Lapo calls a timeout.  They literally could have gotten a quick out and then kicked a FG, but Arbuckle took a knee.  And Lapo caled a Time Out.  If that doesn't say communication is an issue, or that the QB isn't on the same page as the playcaller, nothing else could.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on September 26, 2022, 03:15:27 PM
Saw some Ottawa fans on twitter saying Lapo should be fired, and I can't say I disagree.  The front office SMS cap does hamstring GMs when it comes to coaching changes...

Lapo won, time of possession an passing yards.  But 5 picks is tough to fight back from.   Not all on him.  But calling plays that allow for the D to read and make picks, that's problematic.  And not having your QB tuned in to not throw picks, again, coaching issue.

To me, the most telling "I'm not really an HC" moment was at the end of the 2nd quarter heading into halftime.  Calling a timeout and then taking a knee again.  What the fizzie was that?  Did he want a play run, and Arbuckle said "Nope"?  11 seconds left and in Tor territory, down 18-6, after just taking a sack, Arbuckle takes a knee, but Lapo calls a timeout.  They literally could have gotten a quick out and then kicked a FG, but Arbuckle took a knee.  And Lapo caled a Time Out.  If that doesn't say communication is an issue, or that the QB isn't on the same page as the playcaller, nothing else could.

I get the impression LaPo works much better from the booth were he can focus on a singular task without all the other distractions, he needs to give up being the OC if he wants to continue as HC, or vice-versa.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 26, 2022, 04:17:04 PM
I get the impression LaPo works much better from the booth were he can focus on a singular task without all the other distractions, he needs to give up being the OC if he wants to continue as HC, or vice-versa.

That is 100% a handicap. The teams with dedicated HCs are far more effective. Some just don't realize that. If I was a GM, I wouldn't allow it.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on September 26, 2022, 03:15:27 PM

Lapo won, time of possession an passing yards.  But 5 picks is tough to fight back from.   Not all on him.  But calling plays that allow for the D to read and make picks, that's problematic.  And not having your QB tuned in to not throw picks, again, coaching issue.

Lapo will absolutely be fired, but now much point in doing it before the season is over at this point.

I'm wondering about Sask too. They need a housecleaning, but how deep will it go?

Gonna be 2-3 HC opportunities next year?
My wife is amazing!

DM83

I never  met him.

But he gives off the impression of not being a great communicator.
I mentioned before, he is always looking at his clipboard.  *** After all these years, and being both the OC and HC shoudn't he  know what is going on. Shouldn't main concepts already be practiced all week.

He should be talking with his OC, oh wait..... so that's a problem.  Who does he get feedback from re coverages?
The faux pa last game re calling a time out at the end of the half was a bad sign.  Lapo looks panicked and very confused at time doe he not?????

Coaching is about making adjustments.  If  his players cant grasp stuff,  go back to basics... That's what is so weird.  Just manipulate DBs and LBs .  Put players in different positions.

I mean just put a fast guy like  Deadmon in at tailback or run a Jet sweep motion, and see which poor DB or hopelessly out  matched LB is trying to cover that.  I mean would anyone disgree that theoretically, say Deadmon would not beat Gauthier on a simple flat route, out and up, crossing pattern...whatever. (point is create a mismatch, and let the fast guy run around for endless first downs.)

Any crossing route will get you yards.

Bo to Ottawa?

He has crap QBs. Arbuckle should leave Canada.  He's literally played himself out of being a potential successor to Calgary's star, to being awful.
"Bad Luck Lapo" should be his epitaph (Sask's  13  man- ultimate disaster)

Lapo has to re-think his management style.  Because, as one of the earler posts said, Lapo seems to excell as an OC, in a finite set of responsibility.  But as a HC and game day, field level, seems  chaotic

Blue In BC

No value in trading for BLM in 2022. During the off season I could see that happening potentially. It depends on whether Masoli will miss part of the early 2023 season and / or the status of his recovery overall.

Redblacks are out of the play offs this season so trading now doesn't make sense for them or Calgary.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Ott. looked defeated in all aspects last week. They have BC upcoming it doesn't look good for the Redblacks. IMO T.O and BC are pretty even in terms of talent and T.O dominated them. Ott has to figure stuff out. Cut back on poor penalties, cut back on turnovers and try and get the playmakers the ball! The only hope they have of winning next week is if their defence can get VAJ off his game, and hope the offence can do something...anything.

Lapo may survive, and if he does somehow survive to continue next season, I think he needs to hire a good offensive coordinator and focus on just being a HC.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 26, 2022, 05:19:49 PM
No value in trading for BLM in 2022. During the off season I could see that happening potentially. It depends on whether Masoli will miss part of the early 2023 season and / or the status of his recovery overall.

Redblacks are out of the play offs this season so trading now doesn't make sense for them or Calgary.

I don't think Masoli will be out that long, he was injured aprox. 10 weeks ago and underwent surgery, his recovery time was estimated at 10-12 weeks so I expect him back before the end of this season. 

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 26, 2022, 05:38:08 PM
I don't think Masoli will be out that long, he was injured aprox. 10 weeks ago and underwent surgery, his recovery time was estimated at 10-12 weeks so I expect him back before the end of this season. 

Even if that is true, he might not ever be the same. Missed 12 games in 2019, 2020 season didn't happen, missed 2 games in 2021 and 9 so far in 2022. He'll be 35 before TC 2023. Can't help but wonder if he might be out of football next year.  I doubt he plays again in 2022. What would the point be if the Redblacks aren't in play off contention?

BLM is only a couple of years younger and his throwing arm/shoulder haven't ever seemed to have been the same since 2019. He might be available as a back up in 2023 at at much lower SMS?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

When you have 3 people occupying the 3 main coaching positions - Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordination - you have some accountability.

When the Head Coach occupies Head Coach and one of the other positions, there is no game accountability in that arrangement.  It doesn't seem to make sense.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 26, 2022, 05:50:57 PM
Even if that is true, he might not ever be the same. Missed 12 games in 2019, 2020 season didn't happen, missed 2 games in 2021 and 9 so far in 2022. He'll be 35 before TC 2023. Can't help but wonder if he might be out of football next year.  I doubt he plays again in 2022. What would the point be if the Redblacks aren't in play off contention?

BLM is only a couple of years younger and his throwing arm/shoulder haven't ever seemed to have been the same since 2019. He might be available as a back up in 2023 at at much lower SMS?

There aren't enough QBs to go around. If Masoli is "healthy", he'll have a place to play.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 26, 2022, 06:19:34 PM
There aren't enough QBs to go around. If Masoli is "healthy", he'll have a place to play.

He's not rehabbing to retire within a few months, I think he'll be fired up and ready to go for next season and a few more after.  All of these older QB's are going to hang on as long as they can as the paydays are just too good, nowhere else are they going to earn $300k+.

DM83

Well with all these guys now pretending to Brady- like age, and doing just fine, why not in Canada.  Massoli should be fresh.  He hasn't played in four years.
Heck even that guy that played for Edmonton and then BC. and then retired should come back.  Were they not talking to Ricky Ray last week?  Wouldn't he look great someplace?  Heck, even Drew would look competive.  Even Matty Ice would be an East Division All-Star!!

Shirley, I gest!! :)  But, its not far off.

Before covid we had a bunch of younger  seemingly well developing  QBs.  Now the jury is out.

Arbuckle and Adams have to put up or shut up.

Memo to Ottawa, Regina, Edmonton and Hamilton, ...pay your Linemen!!

Redblacks were hard to watch.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Lapo is a good to great OC
Currently his QBs are under preforming immensely
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 26, 2022, 03:04:26 AM
I don't know about that, we just saw plenty of evidence.  LaPo must be dreaming he had the 2018 version of Matt Nichols these days.
Agree
Quote from: Jesse on September 26, 2022, 04:34:59 PM
That is 100% a handicap. The teams with dedicated HCs are far more effective. Some just don't realize that. If I was a GM, I wouldn't allow it.
Agree
Quote from: Jesse on September 25, 2022, 02:56:24 AM
He had a good 2019 but runs hot and cold.
Agree

Will be interesting to see where BO goes and if he can be effective.  My thoughts are he will be a good price but be fairly average (will lack consistency).

Sir Blue and Gold

LaPolice is a bit of an enigma. He was effective at times in his career but also extremely ineffective other times. For sure he's not had great QBs in Ottawa but even Masoli looked off in Ottawa. He did get the most out of Nichols in Winnipeg but he did have a dynasty calibre run game to work with.

Overall, I would say the jury is still out on LaPolice as a "good to great OC". I wouldn't have questioned it before but I certainly would now.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 27, 2022, 01:41:10 AM
LaPolice is a bit of an enigma. He was effective at times in his career but also extremely ineffective other times. For sure he's not had great QBs in Ottawa but even Masoli looked off in Ottawa. He did get the most out of Nichols in Winnipeg but he did have a dynasty calibre run game to work with.

Overall, I would say the jury is still out on LaPolice as a "good to great OC". I wouldn't have questioned it before but I certainly would now.
Any good to great OC would have likely struggled in Ottawa last couple of years.  We can see what Lapo does next year and if he has a decent team and QB, that will be more fair season to judge him on.

Agree on using the term enigma.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Head Coach Winning % Tracker

Mike Kelly .389 (7-11)
Jim Daley .350 (28-52)
Paul Lapolice .314 (22-48)
Tim Burke .250 (7-21)
Jeff Reinebold .182 (6-27)
Bart Andrus .167 (3-15)

*While researching this I noticed wikipidia had Reinebold's 1998 record at 3-15 which I knew was wrong since he was fired during the season. I found another source to confirm the date he was fired and came across this:
https://jsportsblogger.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/the-worst-teams-of-all-time-part-33-the-1998-winnipeg-blue-bombers/
"With the game drawing to a close, frustrated Bomber fans on the East Side of the old Winnipeg Stadium began taunting Stamps slot back Allen Pitts. The response from Pitts was shocking as he jumped into the stands, and start pounding away at the drunken soul who was mocking him. The fan left worse for wear, while the Stamps bench tried to restrain Pitts. Most of the players were laughing at the fan as the Bomber players did nothing about it. The Bombers and the fans were both getting smashed by the Stampeders on that night."
Anyone remember that?

DM83