Final home games

Started by Sec223, September 24, 2022, 12:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sec223

The Rider game will be another sell out but the other two games need help. Lots of seats left for the Elk and an ocean for BC. Although he's hurt and Toronto didn't play a game here this year AH would have sold a "boat" load of tickets :) Anyone else hate the scheduling this year ?

buckzumhoff

Those will be tough games edmonton and bc. Both will be good. I prefer western teams . its better because usually it affects the standings more . bc will be tough.  Winnipeg is alot better than we have shown. We havent had alot of our players play together all year. I hope they get back and we also pick up sone good back up players on defensive line and offensive line. 

Waffler

The BC game will depend on what hangs in the balance, if anything, when we get there. Could be a cold evening too which won't help walk up.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sec223 on September 24, 2022, 12:49:04 PM
The Rider game will be another sell out but the other two games need help. Lots of seats left for the Elk and an ocean for BC. Although he's hurt and Toronto didn't play a game here this year AH would have sold a "boat" load of tickets :) Anyone else hate the scheduling this year ?
[/quote

BC game could have a large meaning towards the final standings for Winnipeg. If we lose the 2nd last game in Vancouver, the series will be decided at home. I'd prefer to have 1st place locked up before that so we can rest some players.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

It?s been a wildly successful season for ticket sales.

Lower attendance when the weather changes and the games are relatively meaningless won?t hurt much. We?ll have another sell out game for the West Final.

Bombers gonna make bank this year.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on September 24, 2022, 04:21:33 PM
It?s been a wildly successful season for ticket sales.

Lower attendance when the weather changes and the games are relatively meaningless won?t hurt much. We?ll have another sell out game for the West Final.

Bombers gonna make bank this year.
For sure. They turned a nice profit even last year! I think they could see easily a 25-30% up tick this year as compared to last year. I would be nice if that could mean more ST holder bonus stuff. The rings from last were amazing! Maybe drink specials for season ticket holders? Or ST holder exclusive player autograph access. Or feel free to add mention things the club can do for ST holders to say thank you! I am disappointed I missed the fan day autograph opportunity after  the BB as I had to go straight to Saskatoon that day.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Bluehawk

Scheduling this year left some question marks.  While the late bye weeks help us now to heal going down the stretch, lots of interesting decisions on the schedule like every year.
If we ever get another east team, that will help with a balanced schedule and I am sure there are many requests or limitations that we dont know about.
Keep the traditional games for sure, there should always be a grey cup rematch to start the year, even out the bye weeks....just a few thoughts.
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Bluehawk

And start the season a month earlier!!!
Grey cup no later than first weekend in November!  That is an easy call.
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Sec223 on September 24, 2022, 12:49:04 PM

Harris injured for a few games now so who knows if he would even show up.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Bluehawk on September 24, 2022, 05:47:16 PM

Have they announced where the grey cup will be next year?

Jesse

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 25, 2022, 02:18:42 AM
Have they announced where the grey cup will be next year?

Hamilton
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

gobombersgo

Quote from: Bluehawk on September 24, 2022, 05:47:16 PM
I'd be OK with having the Grey Cup on the 1st Sunday in Nov. Id actually prefer the 2nd weekend but then there would be conflicts with Remembrance Day.

If they ever add a 10th team they can eliminate a bye week so you wouldn't need to start the season a month earlier.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 03:25:54 AM
ugh! Again. ::)

I thought so. Gave it to them again as could not hold full grey cup festival last year due to Covid. Maybe time for Winnipeg to host again after that.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on September 25, 2022, 04:50:15 AM
If they ever add a 10th team they can eliminate a bye week so you wouldn't need to start the season a month earlier.

I think the CFLPA (and the league) wanted that 3rd bye on purpose.  Player health/safety.  I think it's working out pretty well and I like the timing of our 2 late-season byes this year.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 25, 2022, 05:01:08 AM

I thought so. Gave it to them again as could not hold full grey cup festival last year due to Covid. Maybe time for Winnipeg to host again after that.
oh ya right, I suppose. We are due. Winnipeg should get it it next!

Horseman

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 12:18:02 PM

I think they will give it to an eastern city next.

Jesse

Quote from: Horseman on September 26, 2022, 03:14:16 PM
I think they will give it to an eastern city next.

Hamilton is next, Goldie was talking about after that.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 25, 2022, 12:18:02 PM

BC is technically next, I would think.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on September 26, 2022, 05:35:50 PM
BC is technically next, I would think.
oh makes sense I guess. BC GC could be a boring one but one I would likely attend as I have friends living there.

DM83

They should give it to a neutral City.
Build temporary seats. Two years to plan
Future investment for Saskatoon, Quebec, Halifax

Quebec is as big as Winnipeg.  Why don't they have a team?
What about South Western Ontario, adjacent to Detroit, what is that London?