Down the stretch

Started by Austin85, September 24, 2022, 03:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

We have to play clean football we can't be sloppy.  Hopefully some replacements will perform to there best, and show that blue bomber football is awesome. Everyone has to focus help out players who need it , in situations. Let's hope our coaches preach mistake free football, and try he players do there best they can.

Tee42

Not taking stupid penalties, avoiding any more injuries, avoiding turnovers. That?s our only hope. Our injuries are going to kill us.

TecnoGenius

We'll be fine.  HAM was a unique situation.

I hope we'll see Wilson back (have so little updates about him, but I don't see why he'll keep missing games).  Clements should be back also.

Ellingson should be back soon.  I think we'll shuffle at DB, and maybe add someone at DT, and maybe DE if JJ is injured medium-term.

Our O is capable of putting up 30 on any team even without Ellingson, Couture, and Woli.  2021 was the year of our D.  2022 will be the year of our O.  Buck will dazzle us.

BC won't win more than 50% of their remaining games, if that.  We should clinch #1 in W no problem.  Then 1 game vs an ailing and rebuild-year BC and it's GC time vs TOR or MTL, both of whom are hot/cold teams.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

I think Wilson is done for the season but I hope I'm wrong.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 24, 2022, 01:57:35 PM

Pretty much, none of these guys are going to pop back into the lineup and be ready to play in their next game, we'd see them practicing at least a few weeks before they ever dress.

GOLDMEMBER

Down the stretch Hall needs to scheme to our talent better.

I just hope the Hamilton game was an aberration as compared to the two Sask  and Cal games. Not mention the BC game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

My concern   is that the injuries we have sustained are long term, and we havent brought in adequate replacements Also becuase we havent the depth we cant rest those with injuries that are impacting performance such as Bighill and Jeffcoat. Add in that other teams are learning how to exploit this and its trouble.
  As previously stated we seem to have an aversion to picking up other teams cuts that could have helped us..such as Trumaine Washington, Awe, Tre Watson.Randle ji etc.
Either that or we wont sign them to the active roster while other teams will.
I hope were able to find some help especially at lb and db

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 24, 2022, 01:57:35 PM

Agreed. Gone this long without a word? Seems to be a season ender.

It would be great to have the early season version of Ellingson back in the line-up. And have Couture and Alexander  back in game shape.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on September 24, 2022, 04:01:47 PM
My concern   is that the injuries we have sustained are long term, and we havent brought in adequate replacements Also becuase we havent the depth we cant rest those with injuries that are impacting performance such as Bighill and Jeffcoat. Add in that other teams are learning how to exploit this and its trouble.
  As previously stated we seem to have an aversion to picking up other teams cuts that could have helped us..such as Trumaine Washington, Awe, Tre Watson.Randle ji etc.
Either that or we wont sign them to the active roster while other teams will.
I hope were able to find some help especially at lb and db

If standing pat is indeed the approach they're taking, I fear they won't make it far in the playoffs with the lineups they've been rolling out lately.  O'Shea's mantra, "they're all starters" is going to be tested severely, cause a few of them certainly don't look ready yet.

BBRT

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 24, 2022, 07:05:33 PM
If standing pat is indeed the approach they're taking, I fear they won't make it far in the playoffs with the lineups they've been rolling out lately.  O'Shea's mantra, "they're all starters" is going to be tested severely, cause a few of them certainly don't look ready yet.

I agree with your comments - I think the Rider game next week will tell us something. And it is so great to finally be back off the road and home (even if it is Calgary) and able to spend some time talking Bomber football. This fall has been a long long client travel expedition. I have been in cities I never thought I would need to go to. And the airlines have not been all the cooperative - more canx flights than I ever had to deal with in my 30+ years of air travel.

But on to Bomber football - got to get Ellingson back in the line up before end of season and the D backs have got to do a better job!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BBRT on September 24, 2022, 08:02:20 PM
I agree with your comments - I think the Rider game next week will tell us something. And it is so great to finally be back off the road and home (even if it is Calgary) and able to spend some time talking Bomber football. This fall has been a long long client travel expedition. I have been in cities I never thought I would need to go to. And the airlines have not been all the cooperative - more canx flights than I ever had to deal with in my 30+ years of air travel.

But on to Bomber football - got to get Ellingson back in the line up before end of season and the D backs have got to do a better job!
welcome back!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Standing as a whole will be interesting the next couple of weeks.  If we best Sask and then Hamilton beats them they could be on the outside looking in at the playoffs in a home grey cup year.  They beat us and beat Hamilton they are probably in a cross over and have an easier path to the grey cup at home. 

Rourke could be back this season according to some reports.

Staying healthy is going to be important. 

Blue In BC

Currently 12 players on our IR. Another week wondering if anyone on the 1 game IR might be returning soon.  Adding to the PR is good at this time of season and we've added some bodies in the past week. Nobody stands out yet as possible up grades to our roster.

I'm disappointed in Cooper, Cole and Hassell at this point. They don't seem to be playing anything besides ST's?  11 man games, no DT's and only 1 ST. That may not be a fair evaluation but it's a little like playing a few bodies short. Several of our starters are playing nursing injuries and we don't have enough players to rotate into the game on defence.

Walker is the only DI that is available to rotate on defence. Beyond that it's a few Canadians seeing playing time.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

The Bombers just signed DE Bronson Massie (6-4, 253, Kansas State; born: November 4, 1997, in Lufkin, TX), nick name "Boom".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuWHXTEBfKQ&ab_channel=SpenceAndCo.

DM83

Well if I am coaching, Boom gets to play this week, " Boom, the Fajrdo killer"  (I think Jeffcoat and Willie and Bighill are hurt)

Hi lights looked outstanding.  Who and what was the quality of the opposition.?