Good, Bad, and Ugly.

Started by Pigskin, September 18, 2022, 04:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Good:

- Dalton Schoen....brilliant!
- Bailey making big catches and scoring another critical TD with incredible second effort
- Demski...always dangerous and multi-dimensional
- Dane Evans played the best football game of his TiCat career....too bad it was against us
- Legghio was perfect....albeit he didn't want to kick for a single point....bad bounce on that punt.
- Offence was able to move the ball for 450 yards against a good D
- TiCats played their best game of the season and may have turned their season around
- Brady played hard and was very effective

Bad:

- Zach's  3 turnovers 2 of which resulted in major scores....pretty much the difference in the game they had 0
- Absolutely no pressure on Dane Evans and he eviscerated our secondary:
- More injuries....JJ was MIA in the second half.
- our LBs were basically nullified by the Cat offence who schemes well to stymie Biggie and Gauthier
- too many explosion plays....injuries may finally be biting us in the secondary
- pulling Zach when he was rolling at the 29 YL and inserting Prukop who was stuffed.   Zach not happy either
- TiCats last drive resulting in a TD and eating up over 7 minutes....that was the game.   
- down by 10, there was plenty of time for us to score. Our D unfortunately, had no answer in those 7+ minutes
- heading into the bye on a losing note....basically we were soundly thumped. 

Ugly:

- 48 points scored on us
Bomber fan for life

LXTSN

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 19, 2022, 04:43:00 PM
Cooper was listed as a DE when first signed, he now looks to be listed as a DB even though he played mostly LB in college.  At 6'-3" 225 lbs. I guess he's a bit of a tweener, he may not be able to rotate on the DE but it will be great if he has the mobility to help out at LB.
I don't think he will play any DB for us, but I could see him as a boost to our pass rush. Right now we are blitzing Bighill and Gauthier a lot, but Gauthier esspecially is a very poor pass rusher. I'd like to see someone with a little more athleticism in that position on passing downs, and I think Cooper may have that (based on the limited youtube videos I've found on him...)

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on September 19, 2022, 06:26:27 PM
I don't think he will play any DB for us, but I could see him as a boost to our pass rush. Right now we are blitzing Bighill and Gauthier a lot, but Gauthier esspecially is a very poor pass rusher. I'd like to see someone with a little more athleticism in that position on passing downs, and I think Cooper may have that (based on the limited youtube videos I've found on him...)

Yah, I think you might be right, he seems to be super athletic and quick from the videos I've watched.  They may insert him as a 4th LB with a 3 man front to exclusively chase QB's for now, making up for Hansen's loss.

guyinfla89

Yeah the D performed poorly, especially lack of pressure on Evans.  But did you notice that Leggio had a problem kicking deep on his kickoffs.  He seemed to have trouble kicking deeper than the 30 yd line.  This set up the Tabbies in strong field position even after short returns.  Notice that other CFL kickers can usually get it down to the 10-15 yd area.

Blue In BC

Quote from: guyinfla89 on September 23, 2022, 06:53:43 PM
Yeah the D performed poorly, especially lack of pressure on Evans.  But did you notice that Leggio had a problem kicking deep on his kickoffs.  He seemed to have trouble kicking deeper than the 30 yd line.  This set up the Tabbies in strong field position even after short returns.  Notice that other CFL kickers can usually get it down to the 10-15 yd area.

Did you notice that the teams kicking deeper still end up with a return that takes the opponent to roughly the same starting place after the return?
2019 Grey Cup Champions