Desjarlais

Started by Pete, September 21, 2022, 01:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 26, 2022, 08:52:15 PM
Are they though?  It's pretty clear NFL watches CFL like a hawk, always taking the superstars and giants away.  How many instances are there of AAF/XFL players being upgraded to NFL?

If anything, it's the CFL watching the "fake" leagues and picking some players to upgrade to the CFL!  ;D

Oh ya, I think the CFL also has better production values and camera people than the fake leagues.  That helps when it comes to film for the aspiring players.

Lots of XFL players were signed at the conclusion of their season. I would expect the same holds true for the USFL.  The CFL only loses about a dozen or so and many of those don't make it past TC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

I think the XFL and the USFL gives a chance for those with NFL dreams.
So, does the CFL, but in Canada, usually taking former NFL guys or the occassional awesome  youngster to showcase their talent, and send film around.
The CFL is better quality than  both those league down south.  Plus those leagues are not meant to be long term.  Up in Canada, lifestyle, reasonable money, and job opportunities are more doable.  The NFL is more results and business oriented.  There is always someone or some four guys waiting to jump into a injured players spot.

I would suggest if a veteran NFL guy gets cut, the CFL  could be a more viable option, to continue playing.  Big fish in a small pond type thing. Oh well it's fun for Canadian Fans watching  very talented athletes.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on September 27, 2022, 02:50:14 PM
So, does the CFL, but in Canada, usually taking former NFL guys or the occassional awesome  youngster to showcase their talent, and send film around.
The CFL is better quality than  both those league down south.  Plus those leagues are not meant to be long term.  Up in Canada, lifestyle, reasonable money, and job opportunities are more doable.  The NFL is more results and business oriented.  There is always someone or some four guys waiting to jump into a injured players spot.

I would suggest if a veteran NFL guy gets cut, the CFL  could be a more viable option, to continue playing.  Big fish in a small pond type thing. Oh well it's fun for Canadian Fans watching  very talented athletes.

The spring leagues are paying more on ELC's in US $$$ for a shorter season in their home country.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: DM83 on September 27, 2022, 02:50:14 PM

Plus the loonie is getting killed by the green back. $1.39 exchange rate! These Americans are doing well up here!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

Unrealistic to compare USFL and XFL.

Both leagues provide opportunities for the young guys, and maybe some journeymen older guys looking to get on a roster to complete their qualifications for their pension.  And I was hoping for some of those QBs to do well, so that could happen.

Sadly, those older QBs have had their shot.  Its fun to watch their experience. They just need a chance.  again..lol.  I would think the older guys, after all that work would try the CFL for some guaranteed money.

The Looney better rebound.  I like to spend some of my disposeable income checking out some NBA and the one NFL game this year. Bucs at Cards on Xmas  Day.  and dont want to know the difference.

If the guys come up to Canada, I am sure that dollar difference is looked at.

What does Strevelor need, and what is his pension going to be?