Desjarlais

Started by Pete, September 21, 2022, 01:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Desjarlais has been released by New Orleans...when hes ready to return to cfl we should do whatever is neccessary to sign him.A YOUNG strong oline member that we can build on not just now but in future. You know Sask will offer him big bucks is hes available

ichabod_crane

https://www.tsn.ca/drew-desjarlais-released-new-orleans-saints-practice-roster-winnipeg-blue-bombers-1.1851490

If he got a good signing bonus he may ride it out longer to see if any injuries open up
spots on other teams. Seems like bengals have a porous line still!

Bombers should kick the tires at least, but offensive line not in major need right now. Defence needs major help unless some of the injured players can return soon.

Pete

May not be immediate need but is definitely one for the next few years. Likely why we are seeing import olinemen being added to practice roster.

ichabod_crane

Even if he did decide to come back for the stretch drive he may try the nfl next season again. If he wants to sign longer term, then yes for future depth makes sense.

Sask is a sad mess right now. Think he has better options than that in the cfl. Maybe they offer him crazy money in desperation, but could be house cleaning coming there by end of year if not earlier.

GOLDMEMBER

Nice to see him back here!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Must. Get. Him. Back.  Who cares if he goes again next year, he'd make an immediate impact for our final stretch.
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 21, 2022, 03:45:55 AM
Must. Get. Him. Back.  Who cares if he goes again next year, he'd make an immediate impact for our final stretch.

+1
#Ride?

Jesse

It's the biggest and most important move we could make this season.

There's no other player who can come in and immediately make the positive impact that Drew can.
My wife is amazing!

Ridermania

Do the Bombers have enough SMS left to make him a massive offer?

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Ridermania on September 21, 2022, 12:33:59 PM
Do the Bombers have enough SMS left to make him a massive offer?

It will be prorated this year, so it should not be an issue.
I would think there's should be enough room in the SMS for next year.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 21, 2022, 12:49:46 PM

Yes. He'd still have an NFL option for 2023 if he chooses to take that route again. We should be speaking with his agent to see what his thoughts are at the moment. Our OL has some aging veterans and I don't know if any will consider retirement after we win Grey Cup 2022. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Ridermania

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 21, 2022, 12:49:46 PM

I agree that money will be available for next year as Bryant and Hardrick will retire, maybe even Neufeld?

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Ridermania on September 21, 2022, 02:24:00 PM
I agree that money will be available for next year as Bryant and Hardrick will retire, maybe even Neufeld?

I would even add Couture on that list. Not retiring but probably moving on.
BC has a shiny young QB and the Lions team are up and coming. The thought of winning a GC with your hometown team will be a great pull.

Pigskin

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 21, 2022, 02:47:46 PM
I would even add Couture on that list. Not retiring but probably moving on.
BC has a shiny young QB and the Lions team are up and coming. The thought of winning a GC with your hometown team will be a great pull.

If Rourke is in BC next year, he wouldn't be playing for $85K. BC will have to make some cap decisions.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

LXTSN

Quote from: Ridermania on September 21, 2022, 02:24:00 PM
I could see Bryant (36 years old) and possibly Neufeld (33 years old) but Hardrick still has more in him for sure!

If Desjarlais does sign here, he would start immediately. Which will then have us all argueing, who is out?
My line would look like this:

Bryant - Desjarlais - Couture - Neufeld - Hardrick (just like last year)
with Dobson and Grey as our 6th and 7th OL. We would need to keep 7 OL for the rest of the year. No question at that point.