Blue Bombers add to practice roster - September 20, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 20, 2022, 03:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on September 21, 2022, 08:04:11 PM
Continuity s key... the one contract no one is mentioning is MOS. 

To get any of the players to "continue", we need to make sure MOS is under contract... without his name on a deal, we could lose a lot of players to FA. Especially if he moves to another CFL team...

Walters is signed through 2023.. not sure Miller's deal, but MOS is the most important signing on the team in my honest opinion.

Anything is possible including O'Shea leaving but IMO that doesn't happen. Could just as easily jump on the Collaros leaving bandwagon. He's on a 1 year deal.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 21, 2022, 08:47:04 PM
Anything is possible including O'Shea leaving but IMO that doesn't happen. Could just as easily jump on the Collaros leaving bandwagon. He's on a 1 year deal.

I don't think you'd have any players walking if Collaros chose a different team... but if MOS did, that's a huge dynamic change.

So no, Collaros is not an easy jump...

Not saying MOS will leave, is likely to leave, but he could possibly leave, as he has no deal in place as we speak.  I'd far prefer we did not have this as a possibility.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on September 21, 2022, 08:52:54 PM
I don't think you'd have any players walking if Collaros chose a different team... but if MOS did, that's a huge dynamic change.

Not saying MOS will leave, is likely to leave, but he could possibly leave, as he has no deal in place as we speak.  I'd far prefer we did not have this as a possibility.

MOS is my neighbor; I say to him all the time. So, the rumor on the bomber board is you might leave, and then he laughs. I will let you guys know if his house goes up for sale. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

To get any of the players to "continue", we need to make sure MOS is under contract... without his name on a deal, we could lose a lot of players to FA. Especially if he moves to another CFL team...

Walters is signed through 2023.. not sure Miller's deal, but MOS is the most important signing on the team in my honest opinion.

Because no one's worried about it.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on September 21, 2022, 08:52:54 PM

Offensive players follow QB's all the time.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

I would agree that MOS's contract has to be the most important. Last contract didn't he say he didn't want to work on it during the season?  Could be they've agreed to discuss it after the sason is done. I would hope it is a top priority, because it will have impact on every other signing.

NewBlue

Quote from: Pigskin on September 21, 2022, 07:06:37 PM
Can't see Neufled or Hardrick retiring after this season. Both playing well and pretty healthy. Bryant at 37 could retire?

Ya, I think we'd have to expect at least 1 retirement on the OLine, but have to be prepared for more.  I like that they are getting a good look at possible replacements, even if they never step on the field.
Neufeld & Hardrick might not have had a major injury this year, but they've been hobbled by smaller ones for years. Of the 3 I think Hardrick plays the longest.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on September 21, 2022, 09:18:51 PM
MOS is my neighbor; I say to him all the time. So, the rumor on the bomber board is you might leave, and then he laughs. I will let you guys know if his house goes up for sale. 
really he is your neighbour? How awesome is that?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

Huh?

Hardrick  hobbles the most, and gets beat the most often.  The other two rarely get beat and dont look hobbled.

Pigskin

Everyone is a little banged up at time of the year.

By the Numbers:

Bryant 36   12 years/ 183 games.  Has been pretty healthy his whole career.
Neufled 33. 11 years/113 games. He has had some injuries, pretty healthy the last two years.
Hardrick 32. 8 years/112 games. He usually missed a couple of games per year.

These are regular season games only.

Can't see Neufled retiring. Playing at an elite level right now.

Hardrick gets beat once in a while but is still pretty good.

Bryant is the old dog of the crew. Gets beat a little more often now, but still one of the best.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

These older American vet OL are well paid and won't retire until they absolutely have to.  If anything someone else will sign them for a one year deal if we don't.

DM83

Those guys as a unit don't make the same mistake twice, and that  includes Buck calling the right plays, Zac escaping pressure and the backs and receivers blocking. It appears they all work together to prevent sacks.

Jeffcoat being hurt all year has resulted in less efficiency.  Meanwhile Willie seems to be making a less than a consistent effort and seems to be picking his spots.  And Bighill also looks like something is wrong with one of his arms.

LXTSN

Quote from: DM83 on September 23, 2022, 02:41:09 PM
Those guys as a unit don't make the same mistake twice, and that  includes Buck calling the right plays, Zac escaping pressure and the backs and receivers blocking. It appears they all work together to prevent sacks.

Jeffcoat being hurt all year has resulted in less efficiency.  Meanwhile Willie seems to be making a less than a consistent effort and seems to be picking his spots.  And Bighill also looks like something is wrong with one of his arms.
Bighill has been dealing with a shoulder issue for the past month or two. Really hoping he takes the bye week to heal up! Aside from Collaros, he is our most important player in my opinion.

Pete

The main issue is that we don't have anyone to replace him effectively With Clements out we are weak at lb.

DM83

There have to be a lot of US Born dudes that are similar to Bighill size that have zero shot in the NFL, but still want to play.  That's the guy you have to get.