Which defensive position do we need to improve on the most?

Started by pjrocksmb, September 19, 2022, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which defensive position do we need to improve on the most?

DB
22 (62.9%)
LB
5 (14.3%)
DE
0 (0%)
DT
3 (8.6%)
All of the above
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

ichabod_crane

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 19, 2022, 10:02:53 PM
By "improve" do you really mean "stop having to start third stringers"?

If so, DB is #1 in terms of needing some vets for playoffs. I want Kyrie back. And I want a massive DT but that won't happen. Sayles and Thomas a good but it's not the same as Stove and Nevis. As I was watching the Hamilton game, I kept thinking how we could have selected Ted Laurent instead of Kito Poblah  :'(

Could you imagine?!

Kito Poblah! Forgot about that name. What a bust he turned out to be.  He was so mega hyped coming in I recall. Sometimes players just can?t transition to the pro game in any sport really, even first rounders.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 21, 2022, 02:00:39 AM
Kito Poblah! Forgot about that name. What a bust he turned out to be.  He was so mega hyped coming in I recall. Sometimes players just can?t transition to the pro game in any sport really, even first rounders.
I agree fans who continue to bring up that guy are misguided. What a bust except for a losing effort one LDC I recall.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Parker has good speed, but I find he plays too far off receivers. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 21, 2022, 02:10:57 AM
I agree fans who continue to bring up that guy are misguided. What a bust except for a losing effort one LDC I recall.
???

Misguided? How??
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 20, 2022, 06:45:07 PM
So do Parker and Holm have very good speed. If Ford is better then them, start him but we have no idea whether that is true aside from the fact he's not starting.

All of these guys are like Houston last year.

Probably going to be good - but they're getting their feet wet and are going to make mistakes. Who was that old coach who would say every rookie you start is equal to one loss?

I don't think there are solutions to our personell, anyone we bring in (outside of a trade for experience) would be in the same position as a Holm or Parker or Ford.

We need to figure out a way to get more pressure on the QB - I'm personally of the mind we need to be dressing more DL and limiting the Jeff's snaps to keep them fresh. Bring in another DT and DE and move guys around.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 21, 2022, 11:52:57 AM
All of these guys are like Houston last year.

Probably going to be good - but they're getting their feet wet and are going to make mistakes. Who was that old coach who would say every rookie you start is equal to one loss?

I don't think there are solutions to our personell, anyone we bring in (outside of a trade for experience) would be in the same position as a Holm or Parker or Ford.

We need to figure out a way to get more pressure on the QB - I'm personally of the mind we need to be dressing more DL and limiting the Jeff's snaps to keep them fresh. Bring in another DT and DE and move guys around.

I agree D-Line rotation is key, especially in the playoffs.  If they're not brining in anyone else at least dress Wilcots and give Willy a breather now and then.  I am a feared Jeffcoat may not get back to full health until the off-season, he's been plagued by a nagging injury all season long.

Blue In BC

I just mentioned that the Lions released DT Tim Bonner today. Might be worth a call to his agent.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 21, 2022, 06:23:11 AM
???

Misguided? How??
maybe misguided is wrong choice of words. He was just so frustrating here. It aggravates me to here his name!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 21, 2022, 05:18:58 PM
I just mentioned that the Lions released DT Tim Bonner today. Might be worth a call to his agent.

yup worth a look. I know he played DT with the Leos but at 250 he might be better off the edge giving the Jeff's some breather?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 21, 2022, 05:18:58 PM

Go get him Kyle!  He's 6'-5" 250 lbs. only 26 and had 5 sacks in 2021.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 21, 2022, 06:04:45 PM
Go get him Kyle!  He's 6'-5" 250 lbs. only 26 and had 5 sacks in 2021.

Huh. I guess you have to ask why he was released...
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 21, 2022, 05:52:06 PM
yup worth a look. I know he played DT with the Leos but at 250 he might be better off the edge giving the Jeff's some breather?

Teams often use DL in various spots on the DL in different positions. Bonner was listed at DT in Vancouver and I have no doubt he may have seen some duty off the edge as well.

Generally I think he's more of a speed guy than a brute force player, but that has it's advantages as well.

He's about the same size as Wilcots for example and I'd view him as an improvement over Wilcots at the moment. He might even be an improvement over Walker who is a little bigger.

The question from him if we speak to him is whether there is a spot on the active roster or only a PR spot.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on September 21, 2022, 06:36:57 PM
Huh. I guess you have to ask why he was released...

Woody Baron is coming off the 6 game IR after being there the entire season. He became redundant I suppose. Both are reportedly 3 technique DT's.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

With all the big FA signings I am sure BC doesn't have any cap space. Also in 10 games, he had 5 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 FF. Not that impressive.

Pigskin

Ezekiel Rose. Was with us last year. 6'2" 310 DT. What ever happen to this guy?