Lions and Stamps Post Game Altercation in McMahon Parking Lot

Started by bomb squad, September 18, 2022, 05:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 21, 2022, 09:07:13 PM
I ve always wondered why trash talking is an accepted norm in sport, you can verbally disrespect a player, but you don?t draw an OC call??

If you tried to ban smack talk, you'd also have to kick Donny C out of the stands!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Let them chirp, some think it helps, some don't bother engaging.  Different strokes.  But you don't throw blows in the CFL.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: dd on September 21, 2022, 09:07:13 PM
I ve always wondered why trash talking is an accepted norm in sport, you can verbally disrespect a player, but you don?t draw an OC call?? We have all sorts of respect in sports training etc going on yet we put up with this ghetto talk. Well I for one am glad a lippy mouth piece got punched in the mouth. I am old school. You talk the talk you better be able to back it up and Lucky clearly couldn?t.

You bring up "respect in sport"...and condemn "ghetto talk" (which sounds super racist, so cut that out if you work with kids) - and then in the next breath say you're glad he got punched in the mouth.

These are adults and professionals and any violence like this is just ridiculous.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Trash talk is garbage.
I found that guys that engage in it are desperate, already defeated, and usually lose their individual battles or match-ups..its for losers.

bomb squad

I find trash talkers usually engage with other trash talkers. I thought Darvin Adams was quite skillful at it. Often drawing penalties. I certainly wouldn't classify him as a loser.

DM83

Waffler

I don't like trash talk but it's part of the game now.  It's not a penalty and young players will emulate what they see. Just seems to be getting worse. Good sportsmanship is gone.

I love those old b&w games where they'd score a td, put the ball on the ground and walk back to sideline. This was before someone invented "the spike" haha.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

I don?t mind the TD celebrations,most are brief which they should be, but the trash talk is just disrespectful and I think tarnishes the product but it?s the way society is today, respect for your fellow man, teachers and police is truly sad as that?s what we ve ?evolved? to and we re supposed to be an intelligent species

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on September 23, 2022, 08:20:21 PM
I don?t mind the TD celebrations,most are brief which they should be, but the trash talk is just disrespectful and I think tarnishes the product but it?s the way society is today, respect for your fellow man, teachers and police is truly sad as that?s what we ve ?evolved? to and we re supposed to be an intelligent species

Maybe blame it on the 3-4% Neanderthal dna in Homo sapiens why such nonsense continues!   :D ;)

Trash talk is normal banter in sports and jacks some players up, but ugly personal insults are stepping over the line. I believe this is why Cameron judge lost it and gave lucky a shot. Lucky the lip!

Jesse

Quote from: Waffler on September 23, 2022, 04:11:08 PM
I don't like trash talk but it's part of the game now.  It's not a penalty and young players will emulate what they see. Just seems to be getting worse. Good sportsmanship is gone.

I love those old b&w games where they'd score a td, put the ball on the ground and walk back to sideline. This was before someone invented "the spike" haha.

Yeah, that sounds boring.

This is entertainment. I like the planned TR celebrations. Seeing emotion on the field.

Just don?t do anything illegal.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 24, 2022, 01:55:57 AM
Maybe blame it on the 3-4% Neanderthal dna in Homo sapiens why such nonsense continues!   :D ;)

Trash talk is normal banter in sports and jacks some players up, but ugly personal insults are stepping over the line. I believe this is why Cameron judge lost it and gave lucky a shot. Lucky the lip!
I blame it on nobody is held accountable for what they say. Back in the day, you'd be called out and thumped, now we just let punks walk around the field with a coloured beanie on lipping people off. So glad he got what he deserved, looks great on him.

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on September 24, 2022, 03:17:09 AM
I blame it on nobody is held accountable for what they say. Back in the day, you'd be called out and thumped, now we just let punks walk around the field with a coloured beanie on lipping people off. So glad he got what he deserved, looks great on him.

IF he got sucker-punched, as reported, that is a cowardly attack by Judge. I'm not justifying any garbage talk that Whitehead might have thrown at Judge, but it should have not resulted in a blind side punch. Plain and simple.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 24, 2022, 04:23:17 AM
IF he got sucker-punched, as reported, that is a cowardly attack by Judge. I'm not justifying any garbage talk that Whitehead might have thrown at Judge, but it should have not resulted in a blind side punch. Plain and simple.

According to Whitehead they did not exchange any words after the first half and still Judge went hunting for him after the game. The fact he did not remove his helmet and held his anger for over an hour indicates he attacked with ill intent.  Judge had a reputation even before signing with Sask. originally for not being all that mentally stable.

dd

I guess the lesson here is to not chirp those mentally unstable as whatever he said to him he held his anger for that long . Wow

buckzumhoff

Stamps do alot of the trash talk they just dont like it when someone does it to them. The stamps player should get 2 or more games for that kind of bshaviour after a game. Dishes it out but cant take it on tbe field

Jesse

Quote from: dd on September 24, 2022, 06:39:03 AM
I guess the lesson here is to not chirp those mentally unstable as whatever he said to him he held his anger for that long . Wow

The lesson to be learned is don?t assault people.
My wife is amazing!