Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton September 17, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2022, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 20, 2022, 05:58:47 PM
Glad I missed this stinker. ;D

The Bombers were actually in the game in the 4th quarter.  It wasn't vintage Blue Bombers as we have seen but the D let us down in this game.  The O played pretty well and we are 12 and 2.  It's not all bad.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 22, 2022, 05:43:23 AM
The Bombers were actually in the game in the 4th quarter.  It wasn't vintage Blue Bombers as we have seen but the D let us down in this game.  The O played pretty well and we are 12 and 2.  It's not all bad.
hafta agree....as MOS said "we needed a stop and couldn't get one"....they ate over 7 minutes of the remaining 9 + minutes and scored another TD and that stymied any late comeback heroics.   Hats off to Dane Evans who had a career game and likely secured his #1 QB status.    No fumbles or picks and threw 5 TD passes....impressive!   I had predicted that it was a possibility he'd come back against us to redeem himself with the coaches and teammates and he did it in spades.   
Bomber fan for life

bomb squad

Quote from: Jesse on September 22, 2022, 01:32:13 AM
What disaster plan has you seeing BC winning 4 MORE games than we do over the final 6 weeks?

We would have to lose out and they would have to go at least 4-2.

Like, really?

Not quite if 2 of their wins are against us. Any realistic hope they have of overtaking us starts with that.

DM83

DO you think BC could win 1 game against a healthy, rested Blue Bomber, team?  With Adam throwing, er throwing up and crying into his hands.  He will be hurt by then anyway,

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 22, 2022, 05:36:44 AM
I m thinking the 6th O lineman didn?t report as being eligible so that would have drawn the flag for no end.

Ya, most likely.  I have no idea how any team can still take this penalty.  I'm ok with HAM taking it, but it's pretty inexcusable that WPG took one too.  I guess that would make it Dobson's fault.  When I get to it I'll confirm.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Got to the WPG no-end.  4Q14:40.

It's a really neat play.  It's a bummer it didn't work out.  It was on 3rd & goal at the 3.  Needed a TD.

The no-end was legit.  Left side was sealed by a 6th OL.  That's fine.  Right side had no end.  Looks like Bailey or Demski should have been on the line, but they were in the waggle.  The trick part was Miller was lined up behind the LT area.  He was way back from the line and I don't think he was supposed to be on the line.  If it wasn't Bailey or Demski's job to be on the line, I wonder if the 6th OL was supposed to be on the RT and Miller playing 7th OL on the left?

Anyhow, this was Lapo's sneak-Miller-out crosser that has worked in the past, and the one I've been waiting for for over a year since Miller dropped it the last time around.

Miller crosses behind the LoS and #26 does a severe IC/PI on him basically almost throwing him to the turf.  Then #26 tips the ball on the way to Miller, and it falls incomplete.  It's a designed Miller play the whole way.  Refs call no-end and IC and go half the distance.

So legit no-end call.  But here's my new beef: refs call IC on #26.  But the ball was thrown to the guy #26 was interfering with.  That should make it DPI.  The ball was tipped by the same #26, but clearly if it was not it would have been catchable.  I guess it doesn't matter because the DPI was at around the 2YL, so in either event it's a 10 yard penalty (thus half the distance).

In any event, can anyone think why it wasn't upgraded to DPI?

Prukop ended up sneaking the 1.5 for the TD, putting us within 18 with 14:27 left.  Then MOS only goes for 1.

If Miller hadn't been grabbed, he likely has the speed to get further outside and Zach can avoid the lane block and it's a TD.  No one else was close.  I'm really bummed it didn't work as I love the Miller sneak out play, and we may not see it again this season as Buck doesn't like it.
Never go full Rider!