Brendan O'Leary-Orange

Started by bwiser, September 18, 2022, 12:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

I thought Orange- O'Leary had a few nice catches, some in traffic. One thing all these injuries have done is give us a chance to see what we have for depth. I feel confident that we have depth at receiver and its been tested with injuries to Ellingson, Demski, Wolitarsky and Agudosi.

DM83

blue_or_die

Awesome Canadian depth at receiver. I have no concerns with him in Woli?s place. Buck did a good job getting him involved.
#Ride?

pjrocksmb

Good receiver that continues to develop

dd

I think he looked really good. I m not concerned about our offense, it?s our hobbling defense,

NewBlue

He was good, But I'll take Woli every day of the week.

Blue In BC

He had an impressive game and showed some talent.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

O'leary-Orange is a big man that has very good speed, and good hands. This kid is going to be a good one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Yup, he's stepping up when he needs to.  There was one he could have hung on to tonight with the big hit, but he gets a mulligan.  BOO might make a good future NAT starter.  Hopefully Woli is back for the playoffs, though.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Techno, we already have strong Canadians.  Need some LBs and Olinemen

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on September 18, 2022, 05:50:43 AM
Techno, we already have strong Canadians.  Need some LBs and Olinemen

I'm worrying about the DB corps, the LBs are pretty good (Gauthier #1 in tackles tonight) and the OL was not too bad (no help from Buck mixing it up).  Rutledge is about equivalent to Darby (very good).

If you want to focus on IMPs we need, focus on DBs and get Alford back from the NFL, or a clone.  Should have found a way to keep Jones#16 in FA... letting him go is really hurting us, and he wouldn't have cost much.  Losing Jones and Alford all at once was not acceptable.

When does Wilson come back?  He wasn't season-ending I think?  Where is he?
Never go full Rider!

3rdand1.5

He looked good, he really is doing what next man up should be doing.

Blue In BC

He was targeted 7 times and had 6 receptions for 72 yards. Not to under value Woli's production but he's never had 6 receptions in a game and only been targeted 7 times once. O'Leary-Orange yardage of 72 yardage has only been exceeded once by Woli.

Now yardage is not the only measurement criteria. Woli has made some really clutch short yardage and sideline receptions.

Just saying that O'Leary-Orange showed very well yesterday and was productive. That's a good thing even when Woli returns.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 18, 2022, 12:48:59 AM
Awesome Canadian depth at receiver. I have no concerns with him in Woli?s place. Buck did a good job getting him involved.

Not awesome depth, limited, as there is nobody currently standing behind BOO.  If he was injured now it would probably require some ratio manipulation to compensate for the lack of depth.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 18, 2022, 06:03:56 PM
Not awesome depth, limited, as there is nobody currently standing behind BOO.  If he was injured now it would probably require some ratio manipulation to compensate for the lack of depth.

We're still starting 6 Canadians on offence and 2 on defence at the moment. In theory we could activate another import receiver if we have an injury to a Canadian receiver. An in game injury or rotation still falls to Grant. Any need to sit out a Canadian receiver due to an injury means Harrison or McKnight probably gets added.

That will be true until we have or decide to use an import at WIL. Clement has missed 4 game on the 1 game IR? Perhaps he's back after the bye. If not, if neither Cole or Cooper are better than Gauthier then we should be adding to the PR.

For that matter I'm still surprised Briggs isn't ahead of Gauthier on the depth chart??
2019 Grey Cup Champions