EDM @ SSK Sept 16 GDT

Started by TecnoGenius, September 16, 2022, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Tiger on September 17, 2022, 04:32:52 AM
Can?t believe Saskatchewan lost at home.   Wow

That makes 5 in a row at home. #5inarow.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Elks have a lot of very good players, by next year they'll no longer be the bottom feeders in the West, never count Chris Jones out.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 17, 2022, 05:36:23 AM
Elks have a lot of very good players, by next year they'll no longer be the bottom feeders in the West, never count Chris Jones out.

I missed this one, had tickets to the Eagles concert.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Riders entering depth con 5  :D

Imagine they do not even make the playoffs in the GC hosting year!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bomb squad

That was yet another bad outing from the Riders. So much for the stomach flu excuse. The defence has really softened up. Making the playoffs is no longer a lock. Edmonton, Hamilton, and Ottawa all saw that and have to be feeling inspired. We?ll see what Hamilton brings today. Bombers better be ready.

Tiger

Quote from: dd on September 17, 2022, 04:35:58 AM
Fajardo sacked 8 times tonight, their O line stunk!!

Not to mention that Fajardo was equally a Houdini as he was against us and escaping the rush and sack many times.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Tiger on September 17, 2022, 01:51:48 PM
Not to mention that Fajardo was equally a Houdini as he was against us and escaping the rush and sack many times.

The Riders gave up 8 sacks to a strong Elks pass rush, so he wasn't a very good version of Houdini if at all, he literally looked like a chicken with it's head cut off a few times, running aimlessly in circles.

kronic

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 17, 2022, 12:34:48 PM

Dream come true.
edited at the request of the moderators

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 17, 2022, 12:34:48 PM

Happened to us in 2015 and sure doesn?t feel very nice.
#Ride?

TBURGESS

Edmonton got a TD they didn't deserve after fumbling on the play before. Riders should have got the ball which likely would have given them the win.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

The Zipp

?I feel like the whole world is basically against us?: Cody Fajardo ?hurt? by Riders fans booing in loss to Elks: Saskatchewan Roughriders? quarterback Cody Fajardo has been sacked a CFL-worst 54 times this season.

Faj face is in full force.  I didn't realize Sask is on bye next week too, if we beat them at home again it will send them into further spiral.  Let's do it!!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 17, 2022, 03:20:41 PM
Edmonton got a TD they didn't deserve after fumbling on the play before. Riders should have got the ball which likely would have given them the win.

It was impossible to determine which team recovered the ball 1st and / or before the whistle. Just because a Rider ended up with it eventually it doesn't mean an Elk regained possession prior.

As the broadcasters suggested, it was the right outcome of the challenge without proof one way or the other.

Saying the Elks didn't deserve the TD is a bit of a stretch.

Even if the Riders ended up with the fumble, they may have been sacked for a safety on the next play.  Who knows what might have happened. It could have swung momentum or not.

The Riders played like crap and it could just as easily be said they got what they deserved. Nine sacks!! Multiple penalties.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 17, 2022, 03:20:41 PM

If "ifs and buts were candies and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas..."

Sask is a joke of a team - they are a mess internally and lack talent and leadership. 

buckzumhoff

It was a close game. I think edmonton improved. Fajardo tried but no protection in the middle. Maas doesnt have anyone blocking and fajardo ran a few tines when he shouldnt have. Sask should have won the game but let edmonton qb go down the field. That was pretty bad and they took a bad penalty. Plus two missed field goals. They had a good crowd too. Id blame the gm and jones sure liked beating his ild team and he usnt a good coach at all. Lost a few challenges that were so clear i think he just likes thriwibg that flag

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: buckzumhoff on September 17, 2022, 03:43:02 PM
Id blame the gm and jones sure liked beating his ild team and he usnt a good coach at all. Lost a few challenges that were so clear i think he just likes thriwibg that flag

Bravo, great post!  :D