Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton September 17, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2022, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on September 19, 2022, 12:54:01 AM
no its not. Watch him specifically next game. He gets zero push up field and primarily just stays on the line in the gap he's in. we need more than that from a DT. His passport is what's keeping him in the lineup, we need to draft or acquire a better NAT DT
I 100% agree he is stuck in mud out there. Sayles has been unimpressive as well. We start more nationals than minimum most of the time so lets get a beast import in There at DT.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 18, 2022, 05:47:52 PM
Who saw enough of Jeffcoat's injury to fill us in somewhat?  Knee, ankle or what? Level of seriousness perceived?

The last play I can find with Jeffcoat was: 2Q12:10.  The next 10 D plays I could not see him and they had Sayles in his spot.

Watching what we can see of 2Q12:10 I don't see any signs of injury.  He does a stunt but gets picked up, does some swim moves to eventually beat the OL but the ball is long gone.  Last we see he's looking at the pass and walking along normally.

That was then 3rd down and I assume he was off the field for the FG attempt.  I tried to make out everyone on the FG team but couldn't really tell.  No one really looked like him.

So that is a good sign because that probably means it's some aggravation of an earlier injury or something not too nasty.  No new achilles or anything like that.
Never go full Rider!

Blue72

Until Wilson or a better replacement for Wilson come in, I'm not going to knock Bighill. We have ZERO replacement for our MLB spot, remember what we had before Bighill got here. Clements might be descent but he is not a Wilson, plus on the other side of Bighill is another rookie.

To protect Zac from getting hurt because everyone knows if he goes down we are finished. We should play an extra Olinemen until the playoffs or until we get first place and Zac sits. You seen what happened in BC when they lost their starter. Zac has been running for his life in a lot of our games or until they can figure the rush on the left side. An extra guy on the line would also help the run game plus passing game. Either the opposition has to rush another guy which would free up a receiver or Zac would have more time finding his receivers.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue72 on September 19, 2022, 01:57:34 AM
Until Wilson or a better replacement for Wilson come in, I'm not going to knock Bighill. We have ZERO replacement for our MLB spot, remember what we had before Bighill got here. Clements might be descent but he is not a Wilson, plus on the other side of Bighill is another rookie.

To protect Zac from getting hurt because everyone knows if he goes down we are finished. We should play an extra Olinemen until the playoffs or until we get first place and Zac sits. You seen what happened in BC when they lost their starter. Zac has been running for his life in a lot of our games or until they can figure the rush on the left side. An extra guy on the line would also help the run game plus passing game. Either the opposition has to rush another guy which would free up a receiver or Zac would have more time finding his receivers.
Constantly playing 6 OL would do little.  Teams would adjust and send more people.  Works well if used sparingly.

pjrocksmb

no its not. Watch him specifically next game. He gets zero push up field and primarily just stays on the line in the gap he's in. we need more than that from a DT. His passport is what's keeping him in the lineup, we need to draft or acquire a better NAT DT
You suggested we move on, can't do that till we get a replacement
Draft cdn dl great idea

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 19, 2022, 12:57:26 AM
I 100% agree he is stuck in mud out there. Sayles has been unimpressive as well. We start more nationals than minimum most of the time so lets get a beast import in There at DT.
They have both been below average, but Fat Boi is super slow, sloth like even. I like the idea of getting a beast import, maybe an NFL cut is looming??? All i know, is status quo won't cut it.

Tiger

One of the best records ever but not as good as last year.  Sports are a strange thing.

Only second loss - yes defence and injuries are a concern

But wait till the real season starts (to quote Teddy Green).
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 19, 2022, 12:57:26 AM

Your barking up the wrong tree. Sayles is no DE, but as a DT he is more then pulling his weight.

Sayles:  14 games , 26 tackles, 3 sacks.   In 28 games as a Bomber 54 tackles, 8 sacks.
Walker:  8 games, 8 tackles, 1 ST, 1 Sack.
Lawson: 14 games, 10 tackles, 1 sack.
Thomas: 14 games, 11 tackles, 1 ST, 3 Sacks. 1 tackle in the last three games.

I am thinking JT95 is dealing with an injury.

TED Laurent::  $$$  12 games, 7 tackles, 2 sacks.

Looks like Drake Nevis could be an FA????
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

We ask out DT to do a lot, Jefferson and Jeffcoat both go wide as more or likely more than most ends in the league, while often it is effective as a pass rush it does leave large gaps for the run. To me the more pressing issue is the ability of our linebackers to fill those gaps. Bighill is playing hurt and Gautier isn't quick enough. As a result you're see our DBS get mowed down.

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on September 19, 2022, 04:13:19 AM
We ask out DT to do a lot, Jefferson and Jeffcoat both go wide as more or likely more than most ends in the league, while often it is effective as a pass rush it does leave large gaps for the run. To me the more pressing issue is the ability of our linebackers to fill those gaps. Bighill is playing hurt and Gautier isn't quick enough. As a result you're see our DBS get mowed down.

I think Gauthier has the speed, he mite not be reading the play quick enough. But again he is playing out of position.

Pigskin

Dee Alford with 2 more tackles today. He's looking pretty solid.

Blue In BC

Drafting or finding a better Canadian is not that easy, but should be in the thought in the next draft. The problem is that when our picks come up there might be better options available at other positions.

Another alternative is a better import lining up beside him that requires more double teaming. To a degree we saw Richardson take more focus from an OL allowing Thomas a little more open space in the previous seasons.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 19, 2022, 01:49:59 PM
Drafting or finding a better Canadian is not that easy, but should be in the thought in the next draft. The problem is that when our picks come up there might be better options available at other positions.

Another alternative is a better import lining up beside him that requires more double teaming. To a degree we saw Richardson take more focus from an OL allowing Thomas a little more open space in the previous seasons.
I was so disappointed we weren't able to sign Richardson (Stove) as IMHO he made our front 4 so difficult to defend because he often was double teamed.   That creates more opportunities for everyone else on the front 4 including Thomas.   We really haven't replaced him and our front 4 hasn't been as good without him pure and simple.   He was so good at stopping the run and still managed to get a few sacks as well.   
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 19, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
I was so disappointed we weren't able to sign Richardson (Stove) as IMHO he made our front 4 so difficult to defend because he often was double teamed.   That creates more opportunities for everyone else on the front 4 including Thomas.   We really haven't replaced him and our front 4 hasn't been as good without him pure and simple.   He was so good at stopping the run and still managed to get a few sacks as well.   

Very good player when he is healthy. Last year only 7 games, this year zero. Can't help you if he's not in the lineup.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 19, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
I was so disappointed we weren't able to sign Richardson (Stove) as IMHO he made our front 4 so difficult to defend because he often was double teamed.   That creates more opportunities for everyone else on the front 4 including Thomas.   We really haven't replaced him and our front 4 hasn't been as good without him pure and simple.   He was so good at stopping the run and still managed to get a few sacks as well.  

Catch 22 with SMS across the roster. I was sorry we weren't able to retain him but that applied to several players. I may have been more upset we didn't seem to really scout and bring in any real competition for TC or even since.

2019 Grey Cup Champions