Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Hamilton September 17, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2022, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The Hamilton game welcomes the return of Brandon Alexander and Michael Couture.

In:  #36 Thompson, #37 Alexander, #59 Couture

Out: #9 Taylor, #23 Noah Hallett, #82 Wolitarsky

Blue Bomber Depth Chart can be seen at....

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1570777480717537283/photo/1

Ticats Depth Chart can be seen at....

https://cdn.ticats.ca/app/uploads/ticats/2022/09/16143244/Depth-Chart-Roster-09-17-22.pdf

After a week off on the forum, let's get the discussion going again and let's go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

LXTSN

Great group of guys to have back in the line up!
Unfortunately pretty great group of guys exiting the lineup due to injuries.

Pigskin

Looks like Couture in a backup roll to begin with. BA37 gets the start, nice. BOO84 finally gets a fully game. No (N) backup receiver is a concern. But Woli82 is still on the 1 games IR which mite be a good thing.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

will be great to get some of these players back...pretty skinny on receivers only Grant backing them all up.  I guess Augustine could line up in a pinch.

Blue In BC

Can we get though at least 1 game without losing a bunch of players? It's been a brutal few weeks. We've racked up some serious injuries to starters.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

@DarrinBauming
58m
Dane Evans listed as the #TiCats starter for Saturday vs #Bombers.
DE Julian Howsare & RB Don Jackson are out, starting LB Kyle Wilson is a game-time decision, and former #Bombers DB Alden Darby, often a healthy scratch this season, is in as a reserve.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Howsare and Jackson are big outs for them.
The only issue I see here is we cannot play down to their level.
I hate the use of the phrase trap game. Especially with this team but we?ve seen instances this year with this group playing down to the opponents level. I hope that ceases to happen starting this game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Horseman

I have to say, that although I picked the Bombers, I am hoping that Ham and Ott rack up some wins before the end of the season to prevent Sask from crossing over for the playoffs. It would just be our luck for the gappers to win the east and then we have to face them again in the GC game in their home field and try to beat them 4 times in a row (assuming we win on Sept 30th).

Horseman

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 16, 2022, 05:41:13 PM
Howsare and Jackson are big outs for them.
The only issue I see here is we cannot play down to their level.
I hate the use of the phrase trap game. Especially with this team but we?ve seen instances this year with this group playing down to the opponents level. I hope that ceases to happen starting this game.

I think Erlington will be an adequate replacement for Jackson, Erlington has had some good games rushing against the Bombers in the past.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Horseman on September 16, 2022, 06:30:07 PM
I think Erlington will be an adequate replacement for Jackson, Erlington has had some good games rushing against the Bombers in the past.

Erlington is not a good RB. He's a horrible receiver as well and keeps deflecting passes to the opponents.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Just don't turn over the ball, and play our game, and we should win by a couple of touchdowns. The only way Hamilton wins this game is if we beat ourselves. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

The only reason we will lose this game is if the players thinks of the bye and checks out (mentally) early. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 16, 2022, 04:35:55 PM
@DarrinBauming
58m
Dane Evans listed as the #TiCats starter for Saturday vs #Bombers.
DE Julian Howsare & RB Don Jackson are out, starting LB Kyle Wilson is a game-time decision, and former #Bombers DB Alden Darby, often a healthy scratch this season, is in as a reserve.

The heck is up with that? It's not like the Cats are some powerhouse team stacked with all star DBs that bury him?

Man what a pickup that would be right now and going into the depths of the season and playoffs...
#Ride?

Lincoln Locomotive

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/16/dane-evans-named-ticats-starting-qb-vs-bombers-backup-matthew-shiltz-returns-to-lineup-early/

Had a feeling he'd be back....he will be trying to make amends for all those ill-timed picks he threw earlier in the season.    The Bombers have feasted on his penchant for turning the ball over however we will see our we make out against him.    He's fighting to keep his starting job and he does have weapons and has moved the ball against us.   This will be a dangerous game for us....despite their appalling record...many posters on here don't expect anything BUT a W however, as per usual I'm just not that **** sure and won't be surprised if the Cats give it their best effort to turn their season around.    Wounded Cats are always dangerous!!
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Can someone post the lineups on here please?  I don't use Twitter any longer and a lot of the links posted on here are Twitter links.....used to be a Twitterholic at one time....I got help for it and now a member of TA....Twitterholics Anonymous!  ???
Bomber fan for life