Bombers' Injuries in Banjo Bowl

Started by Sergio105, September 13, 2022, 02:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LXTSN

Looks like Stanley Bryant practiced in full today. That's a great sign!
Couture and Alexander have been full for a couple weeks, so I'm hoping they are all the way back this week! Still curious to see who gets bumped from that OL crew, or if they just keep 7 on the AR...

blueandgoldguy

Overall, Bombers are still in better shape than the majority of CFL teams when it comes to injuries up to this point in the season.  As of now, the Bombers are 7th in man games lost to injuries per game.

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/15/all-nine-cfl-teams-ranked-injuries/

pjrocksmb

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on September 16, 2022, 01:45:57 AM
Overall, Bombers are still in better shape than the majority of CFL teams when it comes to injuries up to this point in the season.  As of now, the Bombers are 7th in man games lost to injuries per game.

Agree, seen that thanks for posting, I thought we were worse off.

Jesse

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on September 16, 2022, 01:45:57 AM

These are meaningless numbers, tbh.

They only track total games - Losing a starter is the counted the same as losing a no name special teamer.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Techno,..get in their and straighten which  players lost is significant, and who isn't.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 16, 2022, 02:11:50 AM
Agree, seen that thanks for posting, I thought we were worse off.
yes...same, until I read how other teams are much worse off.   
Bomber fan for life

TBURGESS

Man days is a terrible data point.

BC & Ottawa lost their starting QB's. That's not the same as losing a special teams player.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Maybe more useful to adjust man-days proportionally by each player's salary.  That's assuming salary is a rough guide to a player's worth.  You could base it on stats instead, but that would seem to be a much harder task because there's no easy way to normalize stats (even with QB's the QB rating is imperfect).

Or forget real salary, base it off of player's fantasy price at the moment he got injured  ;D ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

Sec223

How many of these "injuries" are salary cap related ? :)

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 16, 2022, 04:33:32 PM
Man days is a terrible data point.

BC & Ottawa lost their starting QB's. That's not the same as losing a special teams player.

Agree. Losing Nick Hallett for most of the season (except for 3 quarters) doesn't mean much compared to Leo's losing Rourke for what 3-4 weeks now.
I'm not saying that Nick Hallet is not important but... you know what I mean.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 16, 2022, 08:15:57 PM
Agree. Losing Nick Hallett for most of the season (except for 3 quarters) doesn't mean much compared to Leo's losing Rourke for what 3-4 weeks now.
I'm not saying that Nick Hallet is not important but... you know what I mean.

We lost Noah Hallett not Nick.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

Quote from: Jesse on September 16, 2022, 11:49:29 AM
These are meaningless numbers, tbh.

They only track total games - Losing a starter is the counted the same as losing a no name special teamer.

Exactly.  Losing OL Richmond is hardly the same impact on the team as losing Bryant/Hardrick.
When you consider how many starters (and their replacement) have gone out & on 6 game, we have to be right up there.