Blue Bomber Transactions - September 7, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2022, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bomber Transactions - September 7, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., September 7, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to the practice roster:
American receiver Kelvin McKnight

Released from the practice roster:
National receiver Luke McMillan
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Come on, is this the best we can do. The NFL just made cuts. There has to be another DS83 out there somewhere.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

I guess we must be happy it's not Charles Nelson.  ;D

DM83

What' s the story on Zylkstra alluded to by the guys ???
And for petes sake go get Shea Ross off the BC practice roster,  He's Canadian, can do back flips, and has to be better than Mr. McKnight

Throw Long Bannatyne

I think they probably brought him back as a returner, they already have Harrison and BOO backing up the receivers.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: DM83 on September 07, 2022, 06:32:13 PM
And for petes sake go get Shea Ross off the BC practice roster,  He's Canadian, can do back flips, and has to be better than Mr. McKnight

Shea Ross is not on Lions' PR. He was on active roster and now on IR. Can't pickup him up from there unless the Bombers trade for him.

pjrocksmb

good move, bring him back for just in case we need

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 07, 2022, 07:06:49 PM
Shea Ross is not on Lions' PR. He was on active roster and now on IR. Can't pickup him up from there unless the Bombers trade for him.

From what I've seen he's not that great a returner, he may be able to do back somersaults, but he's not very fast.

Horseman

Quote from: DM83 on September 07, 2022, 06:32:13 PM

Shea Ross is not a player or person MOS would bring onto his team, I am speaking from knowledge of Ross's life before he became a Pro and his actions. I will leave it at that, so read between the lines.

Pigskin

Quote from: Horseman on September 07, 2022, 08:58:32 PM
Shea Ross is not a player or person MOS would bring onto his team, I am speaking from knowledge of Ross's life before he became a Pro and his actions. I will leave it at that, so read between the lines.

You said this before. Many players in every sport have a past. It sounds like you have some personal issues with him. Let's not forget AH33 had a troubled past, cleaned up his act and became one of the best players in CFL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Horseman

Quote from: Pigskin on September 07, 2022, 09:15:05 PM
You said this before. Many players in every sport have a past. It sounds like you have some personal issues with him. Let's not forget AH33 had a bad past, cleaned up his act and became one of the best players in CFL.

I have no personal issue with him, but please read between the lines as to why MOS would not have a person of his character on the team. If I said more I could expose myself to defamation, suffice to say his "job" before football would not be looked at in a favourable light.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on September 07, 2022, 08:58:32 PM

That's too bad, what we saw of Ross in '21 looked extremely promising.  I'll take your word for it.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

And we do not want to discuss past or present personal lives of any players, coaches, management, forum members etc. Thanks for honouring that rule.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 07, 2022, 06:03:56 PM
I guess we must be happy it's not Charles Nelson;D

Say what you want about Nelson, but he didn't fumble even once for EDM and always got a few positive yards.  Didn't dance around to go negative.  There was one time he looked like he might bust it a couple of games ago.

But, yes, more is needed from a returner.  He's a lot like the dude we had doing returns in the LDC: sort of a slow straight north ball security guy.  Sometimes that's all you need, if your O & D are doing well.

Nelson did a decent job for us (did get close to a TD a couple of times; never fumbled) and for EDM.  Grant seems be injured a lot lately and sometimes having a Nelson around is a good thing.

Why aren't we putting Ford back to return more often?  Have we already soured on that idea?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I'm really not surprised McKnight is back.  I thought we'd do that 2-3 weeks ago.  Hints that Ellingson, once again, will be out longer than we wanted.  Ellingson starting to look like Nick Moore... older guy with lots of tub stints.

MOS or Buck must still see something in McKnight.  Maybe we could try to use him more like we have McCrae recently.  I'm fine with giving him another chance if injuries require.  And as always... "he does know the system".
Never go full Rider!