RIDERS RELEASE MARINO

Started by barbk, September 06, 2022, 11:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Not sure if mentioned here or not yet, but rumour is (from Riderfans forum) that the league pushed SSK to drop Marino or they were going to force the situation.  Given that odd statement from the league, I can see this as being true.

Now many Rider fans miss Marino like crazy because their interior DL was useless in the Banjo Bowl.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

If true then good on the league. He was not a football player, he was a thug with no regard for either the players or the the league. His continued employment was proof that the league does not have the teeth to police itself through fines and suspensions. In short, he was an embarrassment to the CFL to the point where they felt forced to act on it in some other way.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

blue_gold_84

Yeah, I wouldn't read into the diarrhea spewed on that forum. At all.

Speaking of diarrhea, that's a bigger part of why the Riders got shellacked than losing a bum like Marino.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 05:21:46 AM
Not sure if mentioned here or not yet, but rumour is (from Riderfans forum) that the league pushed SSK to drop Marino or they were going to force the situation.  Given that odd statement from the league, I can see this as being true.

Now many Rider fans miss Marino like crazy because their interior DL was useless in the Banjo Bowl.

There is also a "rumour" on that forum that all the refs and league officials hate the Riders and they routinely get called for things that other teams don't.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2022, 01:53:14 PM
There is also a "rumour" on that forum that all the refs and league officials hate the Riders and they routinely get called for things that other teams don't.

Well they're not wrong, of course it's in the CFL's best interest if the refs. make sure the Bombers 3-peat. Rumour has it the Canadian mafia is holding Ambrosie's cat hostage.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2022, 01:53:14 PM

Haha, ya.  I seem to recall that theory was rampant on this forum for our Bombers back in '13-'15.  Maybe it has something to do with losing.  Of course, if it is true, it's like a chicken and egg thing, so who really knows!  In any event, it makes a great mental cop-out for your team losing, just like diarrhea, knees, and glutes.  ;) ;) ;)

I will say the refs did miss some potential calls (as in could go either way) in the downfield holding department in the BB.  The greenies aren't entirely wrong.  But they also admit that maybe refs are more critical of the Riders because of past infractions... there could be truth to that.  For instance: watching Marino more closely, or SSK OL/ST holding which was egregiously rampant.

My favorite though is the RTP called then withdrawn by command without a challenge... that sent the greenies completely mental!  :o :o ;D
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 13, 2022, 01:21:35 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't read into the diarrhea spewed on that forum. At all.

Speaking of diarrhea, that's a bigger part of why the Riders got shellacked than losing a bum like Marino.
:D....several word plays....love that!
Bomber fan for life

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 08:16:38 PM
Haha, ya.  I seem to recall that theory was rampant on this forum for our Bombers back in '13-'15.  Maybe it has something to do with losing.  Of course, if it is true, it's like a chicken and egg thing, so who really knows!  In any event, it makes a great mental cop-out for your team losing, just like diarrhea, knees, and glutes.  ;) ;) ;)

I will say the refs did miss some potential calls (as in could go either way) in the downfield holding department in the BB.  The greenies aren't entirely wrong.  But they also admit that maybe refs are more critical of the Riders because of past infractions... there could be truth to that.  For instance: watching Marino more closely, or SSK OL/ST holding which was egregiously rampant.

My favorite though is the RTP called then withdrawn by command without a challenge... that sent the greenies completely mental!  :o :o ;D

Definitely missed Demski and BOO holding on the Bailey TD scamper but those are routinely missed in the Saskatchewan games as Williams holds every play, so I saw this as total karma. I think duke would have been proud of those holds!!