Blue Bombers sign American DB J.T. Hassell

Started by Sir Blue and Gold, September 06, 2022, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 07, 2022, 04:07:33 AM
Looks like Houston may be out for a while then... To me, it seems like Winston Rose has lost a step or two.

Oh ya. Pretty big regression this year.

DM83

Buck

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 07, 2022, 02:37:20 PM
I feel like he's not 100% or something.

Might not be, you could be right. Starting the year in a walking boot is never good.

Blue72

Darby Jr is sitting on Hammy's practice squad so why doesn't Walters try for him as he does know our system?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 07, 2022, 04:07:33 AM
Looks like Houston may be out for a while then... To me, it seems like Winston Rose has lost a step or two.

I still think Rose has the speed to cover well enough but what I notice more often is he doesn't seem to like the physical aspect of the game and won't involve himself in a tackle unless he has to.  You will often see him on the periphery of a tackle observing but not participating, I guess this could be attributed to his willowy frame. 

I still think it was a mistake to shove Mike Jones out of his spot at corner to make room for Rose on his return from the NFL.  Jones was a more versatile physical playmaker who could help out against the run as well as compete with the more physical receivers in the league like Begelton and Shaq Evans.  Rose like T.J. Heath, once was a ballhawk which was his best attribute, so far this season he only has 2 interceptions so he's not really helping out as much as he did previously by contributing turnovers.  He has not been healthy this season, so I'm willing to give him till the end of the season to see if he can improve his performance before voting him off the island.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue72 on September 07, 2022, 03:20:35 PM
Darby Jr is sitting on Hammy's practice squad so why doesn't Walters try for him as he does know our system?

He's on the 1-game injured list: https://ticats.ca/roster/
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 07, 2022, 03:59:30 PM
He's on the 1-game injured list: https://ticats.ca/roster/

I'd be happy to get Darby back and he might even be happy to see that happen. Better play off money potentially and he's probably on a 1 year contract in any case. He's an experienced player that could fill several roles on our defence.

That said I'm not suggesting we sell the farm to get him back either. If for some reason he's grown out of favour in Hamilton it's worth a call.
2019 Grey Cup Champions