Blue Bombers sign American DB J.T. Hassell

Started by Sir Blue and Gold, September 06, 2022, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Tuesday that the club has signed American defensive back J.T. Hassell to the practice roster.

Hassell began his college career at South Dakota State before transferring to Florida Tech following his sophomore season. As a redshirt junior, Hassell led his team with 78 tackles and was named second team all-conference.

In his senior year, he made 124 tackles including 9.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and three forced fumbles on his way to being named the conference's Defensive Player of the Year.

Prior to joining the Blue Bombers, Hassell spent time in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, and New York Jets from 2018 until 2020.

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/09/06/blue-bombers-sign-american-db-j-t-hassell/

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Hopefully he is a he a stud in the Stretch run here we are gonna need it.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Nice get him some reps in practice and maybe he can develop into a decent CFL db

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

He has speed and some pro experience. All the teams will be adding some recent NFL cuts as they find themselves not picked up on NFL rosters.  Sounds like a tackling machine.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

kkc60

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 06, 2022, 05:04:45 PM
Ah yes. I remember hearing about him before now that this was brought up. No problem, he can play based on his college and NFL experience.
certainly can play. I could see him profiling at SAM which would be nice considering our lack of depth there

Blue In BC

Quote from: kkc60 on September 06, 2022, 05:17:33 PM
certainly can play. I could see him profiling at SAM which would be nice considering our lack of depth there

He could be a candidate there as well. With his speed and size I think he can physically take on a role in run support or as an inside DB covering SB's.

Any posters going to any practices can let us know where he's getting most of his reps.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Not much for college highlights, wish there was more film on this guy!
Seems like a great character guy, which is checkbox number one for MOS it seems.

Pigskin

TJ. has a 42" vertical and has run a 4:38/40. At 5'11" - 200 lbs. he also has good size.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

NewBlue

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 06, 2022, 05:04:45 PM
Ah yes. I remember hearing about him before now that this was brought up. No problem, he can play based on his college and NFL experience.

There's also this guy:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shaquem-griffin-retires-nfl-twin-brother-shaquil-griffin/

Tiger

Quote from: Pigskin on September 06, 2022, 07:30:08 PM
TJ. has a 42" vertical and has run a 4:38/40. At 5'11" - 200 lbs. he also has good size.

Good speed and vertical. Worth a look.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

BLUEBOMBER

Looks like Houston may be out for a while then... To me, it seems like Winston Rose has lost a step or two.