Riders@Bombers. The Banjo Bowl.

Started by Pigskin, September 05, 2022, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

A side note about pre-planning for parking, the lot I normally used is already sold out.  Keep that in mind everyone.

dd

Quote from: Pete on September 06, 2022, 11:06:42 PM
Looks like we won't have to worry about Sask Marino as he was released today. Be interesting to hear Dickensons explanation

You could tell in CD s TSN post game interview, he was pissed about the lack of discipline, and he said they?ve talked untill they were blue in the face. Well good on him for setting the example of what?s going to happen if you do stupid things. Duke had better get the message or he?s next

Tiger

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 06, 2022, 01:04:43 PM
Cody was very elusive last game, we had "hands" on him multiple times and he spun away. I expect our guys won't miss as many sacks this week

Our front 7 settled in but Hickson is a real RB, he can explode at the line, Mass is facing heat for going away from him, which would lead me to suspect we will see a heavier dose of Hickson this week, we can improve our play against him

Sask. including the HC is whining about the reffing and us drawing them into penalties, they will be eager to try and draw us, we need to be extra clean and continue to let them pile up the penalties and get into their own heads

I am expecting a t least a fine to Marino for his shot on Collaris, which will frustrate the Riders even more, again don't let emotions cost us yardage, Marino will be looking for the cheap-shot, it's what he does, let the refs and CFL deal with him after the whistles

Other than Hansen I don't believe we had injuries' hopefully his isn't bad, but let's hope we can get through another game with little to no injuries again next week

If we win we hold the season series, plus if we win we guarantee that the Riders can not finish first and we take away any chance of them having a home field West Final in Mosiac

Our house our noise, Fajardo took two time count penalties in his own barn let's bring the noise and see if we can get him to go over 2 this week

I agree but Hickson hammered us.  If I were the Rider OC I would run Hickson until the Bombers figured out how to stop him. Then run a few play action passes.

Crowd noise will be important.  We are a little quiet this year.  Hopefully Banjo Bowl is loud.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Pigskin

Quote from: Tiger on September 07, 2022, 03:57:58 AM
I agree but Hickson hammered us.  If I were the Rider OC I would run Hickson until the Bombers figured out how to stop him. Then run a few play action passes.

Crowd noise will be important.  We are a little quiet this year.  Hopefully Banjo Bowl is loud.

Little quite, LMAO.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

3rdand1.5

Hopefully Biggie heals a little more this week. Hickson showed very good and I think it's all but a forgone conclusion that we will see a heavy dose of Hickson.  We are hurting in the LB core with injuries, but hopefully we can shut him down better this week.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Pete

It did seem as though we were better in the second half in stopping him , it seems to be a pattern against teams, where they are successful in first half then after game severyone's wondering why they didn't run more

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on September 07, 2022, 02:51:07 PM
It did seem as though we were better in the second half in stopping him , it seems to be a pattern against teams, where they are successful in first half then after game severyone's wondering why they didn't run more

The last two games have badly exposed the Bombers weakness against the run, it may be partially due to their depleted depth at LB, but I have to think they haven't found the answer yet to the absence of Stove and Nevis at DT.  Sayles and Jake are decent overall DT's but they need a bigger plug in the middle that can't be moved, it appears Ricky Walker and Lawson are just duplicates of the two starters, decent but not great.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2022, 04:08:48 PM
The last two games have badly exposed the Bombers weakness against the run, it may be partially due to their depleted depth at LB, but I have to think they haven't found the answer yet to the absence of Stove and Nevis at DT.  Sayles and Jake are decent overall DT's but they need a bigger plug in the middle that can't be moved, it appears Ricky Walker and Lawson are just duplicates of the two starters, decent but not great.

Yes we need to be looking for upgrades at DT either as free agents or possibly even in trade. There might be some talent available from bottom 3 teams as they look to re-tool.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Cole has been playing well on teams. Mite be time to give him a start. He has the size and speed. We also have the new kid, Cooper. Maybe needs a few more practices to pickup our system. But I think Clements has played well and when healthy he will start.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 07, 2022, 05:28:04 PM
Cole has been playing well on teams. Mite be time to give him a start. He has the size and speed. We also has the new kid, Copper. Maybe needs a few more practices to pickup our system. But I think Clements has played well and when healthy he will start.

It's an interesting question regarding either Cole or Cooper. I was expecting some injured players back this week including Clements ( possibly ). In that sense I expected Cole to be shuffled back to the PR. However it can't be discounted either. It's not clear how we replace the role of Hansen so there could be some need to shuffle the roster a bit.

Whether either is a better candidate at WIL there isn't enough data to indicate one way or the other. IMO O'Shea / Hall don't make a switch at this juncture of the season unless forced to be injury.

Last week Gauthier started at WIL while I expected Briggs to take on that role. Depending on Clements status and game film review / analysis of the play at WIL that may or may not change.

Gauthier was the leading tackler in that game but that in not always a good thing, but it could be as well.  Depending on whether that was his assignment or reacting to help elsewhere on defence.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC
4h
Update from @Wpg_BlueBombers
practice: S Brandon Alexander and C Michael Couture practising. But Janarion Grant, Greg Ellingson are not. No sign of Thiadric Hansen, either, after he was hurt in LDC
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 07, 2022, 09:29:15 PM
Ed Tait
@EdTaitWFC
4h
Update from @Wpg_BlueBombers
practice: S Brandon Alexander and C Michael Couture practising. But Janarion Grant, Greg Ellingson are not. No sign of Thiadric Hansen, either, after he was hurt in LDC

Bombers' injury report says Hansen suffered an achilles injury on Sunday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 07, 2022, 09:41:36 PM
Bombers' injury report says Hansen suffered an achilles injury on Sunday.

Tough injury. To bad he was playing well and very good on teams.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!