Started by Pigskin, September 05, 2022, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Establish run game
Put heat on Cody
Limit mistakes and turnovers
Protect Zach

Recipe for win by 14 if offense is firing on all cylinders

That said I expect a defensive show down and another great close game.  A key point will be which teams coaching staff can make adjustments.

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 06, 2022, 04:27:56 PM
Establish run game
Put heat on Cody
Limit mistakes and turnovers
Protect Zach

Recipe for win by 14 if offense is firing on all cylinders

That said I expect a defensive show down and another great close game.  A key point will be which teams coaching staff can make adjustments.

That's our game plan alright.

If Collaros can avoid that 1 fumble per game he's had lately, that will help. It's never a good thing but even worse in scoring position each time. Not sure why but I think each time that has happened the opponent has marched downfield and scored a TD, so it's a double whammy.

Establishing the run game as pointed out really helps win field position and TOP. I noticed Kolankowski took a couple of penalties in the game. Maybe Couture is back this week and helps the overall offence?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Riders have an excellent front 7. Running up the gut is going to be tough. Sweeps and off tackle plays worked for us on Sunday.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

wpg#1

First 5 rows of Section 107 should irritate Duke Williams on the sideline, that should be worth a couple of bench misconducts !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

drahgon

^except only active players will now be allowed on the Riders bench after this weekends fiasco.

wpg#1

Quote from: drahgon on September 06, 2022, 08:19:06 PM
^except only active players will now be allowed on the Riders bench after this weekends fiasco.

Well, that's what Dickenson said, but ... you know, they tend to look the other way when there's trouble it seems.
I bet you'll see non dressed players on the rider sidelines on Saturday.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

drahgon

For entertainments sake, I hope you are correct!

GOLDMEMBER

Hey Donny C pull out the hardcore comments man!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Quote from: wpg#1 on September 06, 2022, 08:46:13 PM
Well, that's what Dickenson said, but ... you know, they tend to look the other way when there's trouble it seems.
I bet you'll see non dressed players on the rider sidelines on Saturday.
It shouldn?t matter if your dressed or not dressed, ALL players should follow the same code of conduct.

It?s cunning how dickenson deflected the attention to dressed and non dressed players vs being accountable for the poor behaviour at hand. So if Williams was dressed, it?s ok to take a misconduct penalty?. Of course it?s not. What do you think would happen if one of our players took a misconduct penalty...he d be confronted on the sideline by OShea and then sat out to publically display the coach and club do not condone such behaviour. What did dickenson do?. Nothing. Did he confront Duke?. Nope. Did he kick him off the sidelines?. Nope. Don?t tell us your sideline is go8ng to be for just players that are playing in the game when you don?t have the stones to deal with him. Dickenson is a coward. He wants all the players to like him and be their buddy. That?s not his job. His job is to control his bench and he isn?t capable of doing that

Pete

Looks like we won't have to worry about Sask Marino as he was released today. Be interesting to hear Dickensons explanation

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on September 06, 2022, 11:06:42 PM
Looks like we won't have to worry about Sask Marino as he was released today. Be interesting to hear Dickensons explanation

TOOK EM LONG ENOUGH! Pathetic front office. Duke Williams should be gone as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pete on September 06, 2022, 11:06:42 PM

Dickenson's explaination will be "we gave him a warning and he continued the behaviour". Dickenson's truthful explanation is "someone is going to take the fall for our undisciplined behavior and I don't want it to be me."

theaardvark

Its about time, its a distraction that has been removed from the game, thankfully.

I guess fining him this week would be moot...

And "I haven't got a penalty since coming back" tweet didn't age well... getting cut is the ultimate penalty.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Makes me wonder where Brandon Dyson is these days...hopefully nobody signs this guy...

Waffler

Good. It was reflecting badly on the coaching staff there. After all, they need good reps to find new jobs next year. Half joking.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers