Riders@Bombers. The Banjo Bowl.

Started by Pigskin, September 05, 2022, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Getting our running game going. McCrae 1/15, ND10 3/17, Purkop 3/16, BO20 12/38. So we know what was working and what wasn't. BO20 seemed to be slow hitting the holes again. Is he still injured???

D needs to get to Cody more often. Our pressure was good in the 2nd. half  but we have to wrap him up. We also need to contain Hickson, he is a lot better back then some gave him credit.

Getting a couple of players back will really help this week. Crowd noise will be there problem for this game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Cody was a slippery Pete in the LDC but was largely ineffective throwing the ball.

DL did a great job containment though. Cody had no exits to run for it. The Rush D needs to improve.

Next Saturday will be a hoot as it always is. Win that game I cannot see how we do not win the West.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

BLUEBOMBER

I hope Dickenson can get his guys under control or it's going to be an all out brawl. Banjo bowl will quickly turn into Brawl Bowl if the officiating is too loose and lets cheap shots like the one Marino made on Collaros.You would think the officiating would be better given the LDC is one of the premiere games of the CFL season.

NewBlue

I hope to hell any Rider tries to jump into the stands after a TD, our fans make them think twice!

Who am I kidding - they ain't scoring a TD!  ;D

VictorRomano

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 05, 2022, 05:21:30 PM
I hope Dickenson can get his guys under control or it's going to be an all out brawl. Banjo bowl will quickly turn into Brawl Bowl if the officiating is too loose and lets cheap shots like the one Marino made on Collaros.You would think the officiating would be better given the LDC is one of the premiere games of the CFL season.

I think if the Riders get blown out as a result of a lot of undisciplined play that he'll be seen as having "lost the room" and will be looking for a job come next Monday.

dd

Dickenson isn?t going anywhere. It?s basically only 2 players-Williams and Marino, that we re talking about. The Riders have a legit shot st crossing over and coming out of the East and into the Grey Cup, which they are hosting. You honestly think they are going to gas their HC over a couple of dumb plays, only one of which was penalized. Cmon man just think about it.

RebusRankin

Quote from: dd on September 05, 2022, 11:17:56 PM
Dickenson isn?t going anywhere. It?s basically only 2 players-Williams and Marino, that we re talking about. The Riders have a legit shot st crossing over and coming out of the East and into the Grey Cup, which they are hosting. You honestly think they are going to gas their HC over a couple of dumb plays, only one of which was penalized. Cmon man just think about it.

How about them being the most penalized team in the CFL both this year and last year and the clear lack of control?

dd

No argument on that, it?s just I don?t think rider nation or dickenson views this as a problem, and they certainly aren?t going to turf their coach gong into the playoff run. CD openly said they?ve talked until their blue in the face about the discipline issue and hoped the leadership group could address it. It?s a total cop out as if he wanted it addressed, sitting guys out would address it, cutting guys would address it. But I don?t think he wants to address it. I think he kinda likes the bad *** image for the riders

jets4life

I really think that is we go 3 for 3 vs the Riders, we won't have to worry about the back to back showdown with BC at the end of the season. They are playing a home and home series against the Stamps, and I'm pretty certain they each take a game.

That leaves the Blue 2 wins up on the Lions at the very least, when the Lions-Bombers game commences. Considering the Blue have a perfect record against the division, that should give them the tiebreaker (unless I am mistaken).

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jets4life on September 06, 2022, 04:40:19 AM
I really think that is we go 3 for 3 vs the Riders, we won't have to worry about the back to back showdown with BC at the end of the season. They are playing a home and home series against the Stamps, and I'm pretty certain they each take a game.

That leaves the Blue 2 wins up on the Lions at the very least, when the Lions-Bombers game commences. Considering the Blue have a perfect record against the division, that should give them the tiebreaker (unless I am mistaken).

The first tiebreaker is head to head record, if that is tied, then it is point differential against that team.

3rdand1.5

Cody was very elusive last game, we had "hands" on him multiple times and he spun away. I expect our guys won't miss as many sacks this week

Our front 7 settled in but Hickson is a real RB, he can explode at the line, Mass is facing heat for going away from him, which would lead me to suspect we will see a heavier dose of Hickson this week, we can improve our play against him

Sask. including the HC is whining about the reffing and us drawing them into penalties, they will be eager to try and draw us, we need to be extra clean and continue to let them pile up the penalties and get into their own heads

I am expecting a t least a fine to Marino for his shot on Collaris, which will frustrate the Riders even more, again don't let emotions cost us yardage, Marino will be looking for the cheap-shot, it's what he does, let the refs and CFL deal with him after the whistles

Other than Hansen I don't believe we had injuries' hopefully his isn't bad, but let's hope we can get through another game with little to no injuries again next week

If we win we hold the season series, plus if we win we guarantee that the Riders can not finish first and we take away any chance of them having a home field West Final in Mosiac

Our house our noise, Fajardo took two time count penalties in his own barn let's bring the noise and see if we can get him to go over 2 this week

buckzumhoff

Fajardo was even arguing about the time count. How can you argue with the ref over that. He changed the play twice

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: buckzumhoff on September 06, 2022, 01:14:33 PM
Fajardo was even arguing about the time count. How can you argue with the ref over that. He changed the play twice
to Fajos credit the first one was close but it was expired. There were Rider games in there building where I would remember seeing the same thing and the refs letting it go and me being an annoyed witness!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Timecounts without crowd noise... wait until they get here...

Lets just hope Maas keeps up the stellar playcalling and gifts us another INT in FG range...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

I do hope we make a statement in our next game and send the Riders back home with their little green tails tucked between their butt cheeks!
Bomber fan for life