Adams Jr. Traded to BC

Started by pjrocksmb, September 01, 2022, 12:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

The Lions had to do something, Pipkin has never impressed and O'Connor got trucked and hurt. Adams is a headcase, hoping Campbell can stabilize him and the Lions make the West interesting. A first round pick though....ouch.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on September 01, 2022, 02:11:28 AM
The Lions had to do something, Pipkin has never impressed and O'Connor got trucked and hurt. Adams is a headcase, hoping Campbell can stabilize him and the Lions make the West interesting. A first round pick though....ouch.

The guy has oodles of potential, just needs to become consistent. Maybe a change in scenery and coaching will help him. BC had to do something to salvage this season with this current lineup. If Roarke somehow hangs around for next season (I'm not sold the NFL will give him a legitimate shot after only half a season of work, but who knows?), he will be due a high pay raise and other cuts on the team probably required. So a bit of a hail mary on BC's part here as they know this situation could be coming next year. 

dd

Rourke isn't going to the NFL any time soon.

Lions did the right move in getting someone to make them competitive, and they'll dump Adams via trade before next season. Edmonton, Ottawa and Hamilton need Qb help

TecnoGenius

Yes, it's almost the perfect move.  It's just what BC needs.  But is VAJ really really ready to go?  He must be close, or he's pretty useless to BC unless they are thinking "just playoffs".  I don't trust whatever injury reports MTL has been saying about him.

But now MTL is committed to T.Harris and is weak on depth.  They better hope he can tapdance his way out of any hits.

From WPG's perspective, VAJ in BC kind of sucks.  They have a legit threat to win games again now.  I was really betting on free bingo spot their iffy backups were going to mean for us.

From VAJ's perspective this gives him a chance to really shine, if he can.  Yes, that guy is a headcase.  Maybe Calm Campbell can help him out.  If VAJ starts putting up huge numbers with that WR corps the QB situation in the CFL will get a whole lot more interesting going into next season.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Adams is a definite upgrade as a back up to Rourke.    We never really had a chance to see what Connor was capable of before he went down.    They still have a good team and he can definitely win some games for them down the stretch.   He's no Jake Maier though who I believe has potential to become a great QB in the CFL.
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 01, 2022, 04:42:34 AM
Adams is a definite upgrade as a back up to Rourke.    We never really had a chance to see what Connor was capable of before he went down.    They still have a good team and he can definitely win some games for them down the stretch.   He's no Jake Maier though who I believe has potential to become a great QB in the CFL.
this pretty much some somes it all up^
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Tee42

Quote from: dd on September 01, 2022, 02:37:01 AM
Rourke isn't going to the NFL any time soon.

Lions did the right move in getting someone to make them competitive, and they'll dump Adams via trade before next season. Edmonton, Ottawa and Hamilton need Qb help

I would add Toronto to this list

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Tee42 on September 01, 2022, 12:26:39 PM
I would add Toronto to this list

Why? Bethel-Thompson is playing well enough to keep his job.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

What is Adams salary? What is this going to do to BC salary cap?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TBURGESS

BC is the best team that VAJ has played on. He'll be successful if he can stay away from picks. If he's not successful with BC, then he won't be successful anywhere.

As for salary, almost half of VAJ's salary was a signing bonus. He's worth about $10K per game or $80K for the last 8 games.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 01, 2022, 02:35:33 PM
What is Adams salary? What is this going to do to BC salary cap?

I thought it was in the $250K range? Some might have been paid in advance as a signing bonus so what the impact turns out to be IDK. Regardless the Lions will deal with that. They do have some players that would have been bigger SMS hits that have been on the 6 game IR since TC: Richardson, Baron and Knevel to name a few.

EDIT: Note that Adams is still on 6 game IR. Not technically eligible to come off without an SMS hit. So he may not play in their next game ( game 11 ) but return for game 12. That would be for only 7 games. Small point.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Lol! Adams is awful.
He can't read a defence, and always resorts to running. Once a defence adjusts Adams is done.m then he starts crying. Literally. They would do better talking Mattty Ice to hand the ball off, or bring back any of their former QBs

Adams? OMG.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on September 01, 2022, 03:07:57 PM
Lol! Adams is awful.
He can't read a defence, and always resorts to running. Once a defence adjusts Adams is done.m then he starts crying. Literally. They would do better talking Mattty Ice to hand the ball off, or bring back any of their former QBs

Adams? OMG.

You and trash comments: name a more insufferable duo.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

kkc60

we will see how this trade goes, but it?s sad watching the Als go from an up and coming team to whatever this is