Bomber Playoff Spot

Started by bwiser, August 30, 2022, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

The Bombers can mathematically clinch a playoff spot this weekend. If the Bombers win and Ottawa, Hamilton and Edmonton lose the Bombers will have clinched a spot. I don't know but I would have to think this would have to be one of the earliest a team has ever clinched a playoff spot.

LXTSN

Quote from: bwiser on August 30, 2022, 02:51:20 PM
The Bombers can mathematically clinch a playoff spot this weekend. If the Bombers win and Ottawa, Hamilton and Edmonton lose the Bombers will have clinched a spot. I don't know but I would have to think this would have to be one of the earliest a team has ever clinched a playoff spot.

Actually, I think all we need is to win this game to clinch. We would be 11-1 while the Ti-Cats, Elks, and RB's already have 8 losses. Worst we could do is 11-7 and best they could do is 10-8 so we would be in.

bwiser

Quote from: LXTSN on August 30, 2022, 07:41:38 PM
Actually, I think all we need is to win this game to clinch. We would be 11-1 while the Ti-Cats, Elks, and RB's already have 8 losses. Worst we could do is 11-7 and best they could do is 10-8 so we would be in.
I think you are correct although we could also get in if the Ti Cats, Elks and RedBlacks all lose which is very possible. I think this would be one of the earliest a team has ever clinched a playoff spot

LXTSN

Quote from: bwiser on August 30, 2022, 08:27:24 PM
I think you are correct although we could also get in if the Ti Cats, Elks and RedBlacks all lose which is very possible. I think this would be one of the earliest a team has ever clinched a playoff spot
It's possible but it might also just feel really early because we started the season earlier. I was looking over old articles to see what I could find, and it looks like most years it gets clinched by October. We did clinch in just 10 games last year.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on August 30, 2022, 09:05:33 PM
It's possible but it might also just feel really early because we started the season earlier. I was looking over old articles to see what I could find, and it looks like most years it gets clinched by October. We did clinch in just 10 games last year.

Yes but it was a late start to the season and the season was only 14 games.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 30, 2022, 09:18:49 PM
Yes but it was a late start to the season and the season was only 14 games.
Yeah, so I'm not sure if you'd count that one, or even how you would measure it. That's all I'm saying