Redblacks at Edmonton GDT

Started by The Zipp, August 27, 2022, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

How is it Litre is in the CFL?? The dude is a sloth and has hands of stone. So many dropped check downs , reminds me of Shaun millington his hands are so bad. Thing is he doesn?t get any yards when he does hang onto the ball. Edmonton has zero running game they need to find a decent running back, it?s not like there aren?t a million of them out there!?!

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2022, 02:06:06 AM
Another loss for a once storied franchise...in front of about 1000 fans
13 straight home losses, been over 1000 days/3 years since they won at home and they wonder why they aren?t drawing fans?!?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2022, 01:38:16 AM
Ottawa facing a 3rd and 2 and is short a guy on the field. 

These teams are so bad. 

I hope Edmonton comes back and wins
this^ poorly coached! Lapo and company should be ashamed despite the win.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on August 27, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
Lapo's last stand?
He isn't going anywhere, they will keep him for at least this year

The Zipp

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 28, 2022, 03:06:10 AM
He isn't going anywhere, they will keep him for at least this year

Had Edmonton come back to win that game I am not sure he lasts. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2022, 03:24:54 AM
Had Edmonton come back to win that game I am not sure he lasts. 
I agree
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Wow.....Edmonton really can't get much worse losing to last place RBs at home.....again!   Lawler was the only bright spot on a truly dismal team.    He made 3 incredible diving catches for 146 yards total!   
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 28, 2022, 04:09:18 AM
Wow.....Edmonton really can't get much worse losing to last place RBs at home.....again!   Lawler was the only bright spot on a truly dismal team.    He made 3 incredible diving catches for 146 yards total!   

And then he got hurt and couldn't finish the game. Without Lawler there O is terrible.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 28, 2022, 12:11:15 AM
Edm receivers other than Lawler stink. like really stink.

Loxley needs to go back to QBing.  Many weeks in a row he just drops everything his way.  He is a horrific receiver with horrible hands.  Just awful.  Make him the #3 QB and he can run sneaks, though he was horrible at that last week too.

Walker is worse than useless.  Washed up.  How can he be best WR in league a few years ago and be dirt now?  Just horrific.  I hope they don't pay him much.  Hands almost as bad as Loxley.  Let SSK hire him... they like washed up ex-NFL-peekers.  To think we all wanted to pay him $200k to come here a while back.  All our current WR are better than him.

The 2 new guys get a break, they did ok for first outing.  I would have put the Voort guy in a bit, as he's shown flashes.

Lawler is worth every penny.  He's the only thing keeping EDM O in games.  And so much for the vaunted EDM / C.Jones D: a complete shambles, getting run, passed and bombed on.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2022, 02:04:18 AM
Lawler is hurt

The last circus catch he came down funny on his foot planted and bent forward.  Doubt it's super long lasting.  I think he played some snaps right after that.  Looked very po-faced on the sidelines later, though.  Must have puffed up like a balloon.

Quote from: dd on August 28, 2022, 02:09:18 AM
How is it Litre is in the CFL?? The dude is a sloth and has hands of stone. So many dropped check downs , reminds me of Shaun millington his hands are so bad. Thing is he doesn?t get any yards when he does hang onto the ball. Edmonton has zero running game they need to find a decent running back, it?s not like there aren?t a million of them out there!?!

500ml (tm) was very good in CGY because CGY identified what he was: a ball-handoff tailback.  I can't even remember CGY passing to 500ml, though I'm sure they did a couple of times.  If you use him as a strict rusher and blocker he's not bad.  OTT did the ol' Lapo thing of shutting down the run as priority #1, that's why 500ml was so ineffective at rushing tonight.

EDM needs a speed back in addition.  Doesn't EDM have Wilder on IR?  They are really missing him.  Not sure if he's season-ended though.

Oh ya, 500ml is NAT, so that's something.  EDM wants all those IMPs at WR.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya

a. Very entertaining game had all of us EDM pickems-ers on the edge of our seat... OTT winning blew my pickems streak points, argh.

b. Taylor Corny is very good... if his non-Lawler receivers had actually made easy catches half the time they dropped them, EDM likely wins easily.  He was badly let down by drops.  That EDM team has no focus.  Bad coaching.

c. As an EDM fan in the stands, how are you not freaking out?  The only game they could easily win this year at home and they blow it.  Shameful.  Don't those players care?  I'd have said this was the must-win of all must-wins.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2022, 05:28:47 AM
Loxley needs to go back to QBing.  Many weeks in a row he just drops everything his way.  He is a horrific receiver with horrible hands.  Just awful.  Make him the #3 QB and he can run sneaks, though he was horrible at that last week too.

Walker is worse than useless.  Washed up.  How can he be best WR in league a few years ago and be dirt now?  Just horrific.  I hope they don't pay him much.  Hands almost as bad as Loxley.  Let SSK hire him... they like washed up ex-NFL-peekers.  To think we all wanted to pay him $200k to come here a while back.  All our current WR are better than him.

The 2 new guys get a break, they did ok for first outing.  I would have put the Voort guy in a bit, as he's shown flashes.

Lawler is worth every penny.  He's the only thing keeping EDM O in games.  And so much for the vaunted EDM / C.Jones D: a complete shambles, getting run, passed and bombed on.

Locksley
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

buckzumhoff

Good to see Ottawa get a win .

Waffler

A lot of passion in this thread for a "nothing" game. As of now we have a 2 team league and the other 7 are all over the map, sometimes looking good but also a lot of mistakes and sloppy football. BC can still make it interesting if they get healthy at QB in time.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2022, 05:28:47 AM

Wilder has been on IR for most of the season. He is done for the year and possibly beyond. Serious back injury with surgery needed. Something to do with the spine, so that's not a good sign for a football player.

Unfortunate but I hope he can lead a normal life if he can't return to football.
2019 Grey Cup Champions