We need DB"S

Started by Austin85, August 26, 2022, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

I wonder if we bring back any of our DB's released after TC? At least they'd have some history in our system. I'm all for signing NFL cast offs that we've had on our radar. We just don't know who those players might be at the moment or where their interest falls.

Can't really see a trade happening but you never know. Part of that is due to a depleted roster and not having any player we can give up?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 27, 2022, 03:48:59 PM
I wonder if we bring back any of our DB's released after TC? At least they'd have some history in our system. I'm all for signing NFL cast offs that we've had on our radar. We just don't know who those players might be at the moment or where their interest falls.

Can't really see a trade happening but you never know. Part of that is due to a depleted roster and not having any player we can give up?

We will sign DBs from the NFL if they present the opportunity, whether we have injuries or not.  There are negotiation lists for a reason.  Having injuries means these guys have more incentive to sign, and they might hit the field quicker. 

Trading?  Ant team willing to give up a serviceable DB is a seller, and will take Draft Picks in return...  unless you are offering up a Nat OL starter or a QB so that they can "upgrade" in losing a starting DB, I can't see teams being interested unless they are statistically out.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I doubt it, every time I see him play I can't help thinking I would rather have Mike Jones in B&G instead of Winston Rose, he is younger and more aggressive tackling and playing against the run, whereas Rose tends to keep his uniform clean and watches a lot of tackles go down instead of getting his nose dirty. 

Rose was given Jones corner job when he returned from the NFL last season even though Jones, a rookie, was doing great at the time, this seemed disrespectful to me and sure enough Jones left and signed with the Als in F.A..  Rose is starting to remind me of the fading Chris Randle in his last year in Wpg. still good, but not getting the picks as often and looking like his best years may be behind him.

Pigskin

I know Glass was on our suspended list for awhile. Looks he has been released. Mite be a guy they could call back.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2022, 04:34:02 PM
I doubt it, every time I see him play I can't help thinking I would rather have Mike Jones in B&G instead of Winston Rose, he is younger and more aggressive tackling and playing against the run, whereas Rose tends to keep his uniform clean and watches a lot of tackles go down instead of getting his nose dirty. 

Rose was given Jones corner job when he returned from the NFL last season even though Jones, a rookie, was doing great at the time, this seemed disrespectful to me and sure enough Jones left and signed with the Als in F.A..  Rose is starting to remind me of the fading Chris Randle in his last year in Wpg. still good, but not getting the picks as often and looking like his best years may be behind him.

Doubt which? NFL cast offs or re-signing TC cuts we made? Even without our injuries we'd probably be bringing in a couple to look at soon.

I don't think we see Glass back though.

TiCats seem disenchanted with Darby. I wonder why? He's very versatile and I wouldn't mind getting him back. Offer the Ti Cats a few Timmie's vouchers for him?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2022, 04:34:02 PM

Rose has had a bit of a down year, but other than the first bad game he's been serviceable.  And he's made some big plays.  O's are still shying away from wherever he is.

Allowing all those wide outs is part of the D scheme, not Rose blowing coverage.  And I don't recall Rose getting completely blown up on a deep bomb since that first game?

I have every faith in Rose that he'll make more and more plays come crunch time.  Having 2 x GC experience says a lot about performance under stress.  I'd be shocked if we bench him.

I loved Jones#16 but was basically the only one here lamenting his departure.  Even though Jones was depth for '21 playoffs, I'm pretty sure he started all the playoffs and got all the playoff money and ring.  Was he upset?  Maybe, but I'm sure he's a team-first guy.  But if you gave me a choice at the time of Rose or Jones, I'd have picked Rose.  KW agreed.

Houston has really stepped up and solved all the things I hated about him in '21.  He's not Jones, but he's getting closer.  I hope he's only out short-ish term.  We need him for the post-season.
Never go full Rider!