Redblacks at Edmonton GDT

Started by The Zipp, August 27, 2022, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on August 28, 2022, 02:09:18 AM
How is it Litre is in the CFL?? The dude is a sloth and has hands of stone. So many dropped check downs , reminds me of Shaun millington his hands are so bad. Thing is he doesn?t get any yards when he does hang onto the ball. Edmonton has zero running game they need to find a decent running back, it?s not like there aren?t a million of them out there!?!

He's a Canadian FB that doesn't have much history of doing more than blocking. I wonder why the Elks haven't added an import RB to their roster? Most of their older import receivers are not really producing.  Lawler is having a very good year on a very bad team but he got injured in the game.

Another 5 or 6 player roster shuffle for this game. Next week all bets are off. Playing for 2023 at this point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2022, 05:34:38 AM
The last circus catch he came down funny on his foot planted and bent forward.  Doubt it's super long lasting.  I think he played some snaps right after that.  Looked very po-faced on the sidelines later, though.  Must have puffed up like a balloon.

500ml (tm) was very good in CGY because CGY identified what he was: a ball-handoff tailback.  I can't even remember CGY passing to 500ml, though I'm sure they did a couple of times.  If you use him as a strict rusher and blocker he's not bad.  OTT did the ol' Lapo thing of shutting down the run as priority #1, that's why 500ml was so ineffective at rushing tonight.

EDM needs a speed back in addition.  Doesn't EDM have Wilder on IR?  They are really missing him.  Not sure if he's season-ended though.

Oh ya, 500ml is NAT, so that's something.  EDM wants all those IMPs at WR.

My lawyers will be in touch over the use of 500ml without proper acknowledgment of said nickname usage...

buckzumhoff

Ottawa only  points out of 2nd place.

Blue In BC

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 28, 2022, 05:04:27 PM
Ottawa only  points out of 2nd place.

True enough but it's hard to predict the east with so many bad teams. They have the longest uphill battle at the moment. I will be cheering for them over the other teams though.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

buckzumhoff

Hamilton better hope  shiltz can play next week. Evans kept throwing to the wrong jerseys

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2022, 01:49:41 PM
He's a Canadian FB that doesn't have much history of doing more than blocking. I wonder why the Elks haven't added an import RB to their roster? Most of their older import receivers are not really producing.  Lawler is having a very good year on a very bad team but he got injured in the game.

Another 5 or 6 player roster shuffle for this game. Next week all bets are off. Playing for 2023 at this point.
Litre is the prototypical fullback- big solid dude who can block. No speed, zero hands, so why on earth are you trying to make him the next Andrew Harris. I actually feel sorry for the guy. He?s a passing down blocker, nothing more nothing less. He is not a running back

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 28, 2022, 02:58:50 PM
My lawyers will be in touch over the use of 500ml without proper acknowledgment of said nickname usage...

Haha, that's why I put the 500ml (tm).  Your tm, not mine  :D
Never go full Rider!