We need DB"S

Started by Austin85, August 26, 2022, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Need to get some in with injuries and poor play we need more!!

Pigskin

We do need to bring in some players. DB's and Receivers.

DB. Kramdi (N) on the one game.
DB. Lavigne (N) PR.

DB. Holm  (A)  PR.
DB. Karamoko (G)  PR.

WR. Grant  (A). on one game.
WR. McMillian (N). PR

Let's we can pick up an NFL cut with CFL experience. Or BA37 returns ASAP. Our 6 IR game is load with starting talent. We have 9 days to figure things out, and get BO20 healthy.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

LXTSN

Let's assume Houston and Rene are hurt. We would be left with:
Nichols
Rose
Taylor
Hallett
Ford
Parker
+3 more on the practice squad

If we can find guys better than what we have, I'm all for it. I just don't see us picking anyone up that would actually play.

I have really enjoyed watching Parker on special teams, and didn't notice him much on defence. I think he could be a keeper!

Blue In BC

We'll see some new players added to the PR as NFL cuts become available. New injuries may direct that search towards DB's and receivers but that is usually something that happens in any case.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: LXTSN on August 26, 2022, 06:04:15 PM
Let's assume Houston and Rene are hurt. We would be left with:
Nichols
Rose
Taylor
Hallett
Ford
Parker
+3 more on the practice squad

If we can find guys better than what we have, I'm all for it. I just don't see us picking anyone up that would actually play.

I have really enjoyed watching Parker on special teams, and didn't notice him much on defence. I think he could be a keeper!

Parker missed a couple of open field tackles, but last night there was a number of bombers that missed making tackles.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 26, 2022, 06:09:37 PM
Parker missed a couple of open field tackles, but last night there was a number of bombers that missed making tackles.

He did but it was his 1st game starting on defence. The other issue is that we were playing off the ball and that gives the offensive player a distinct advantage in the open field.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

1 game still costs SMS.  So it is tough to bring in known players (NFL/CFL cuts) as they will command larger than ELC contracts. 

Holm is still on the PR because he has upside.  No issue with promoting him.

Again, so much is based on how long term any of these injuries are.  The minute any player goes on the 6 game, that increases the ability to bring in talent that costs SMS...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Parker made some D plays, too.  He made some good hang-on tackles and was often in on the action.  I think they tried to pick on him at first but then realized he wasn't going to be "easy".

Overall Parker did a great job on his debut.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Next guy up and fill up the pr

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2022, 08:45:26 PM
Parker made some D plays, too.  He made some good hang-on tackles and was often in on the action.  I think they tried to pick on him at first but then realized he wasn't going to be "easy".

Overall Parker did a great job on his debut.

I definitely noticed that the Stamps were going after Parker but he seemed to hold his own. I thought he did well considering he wasn't even supposed to be playing defense last night. He was on the roster to replace Grant on special teams and ended up playing most of the game on defense after two Db's went down in the first quarter.

buckzumhoff

Defensive backs did good.  Stamps were only going for the short sideline passes. They ran alot. They went short passes. Our defense did the right thing goving up the short pass. They didnt wantcto go deep too often except where once where our player tripped up. 

pjrocksmb

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 26, 2022, 10:37:04 PM
Defensive backs did good.  Stamps were only going for the short sideline passes. They ran alot. They went short passes. Our defense did the right thing goving up the short pass. They didnt wantcto go deep too often except where once where our player tripped up. 
Agree all
Hall's bend don't break worked well

Austin85

We should trade for a DB ?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Austin85 on August 27, 2022, 01:49:19 AM
We should trade for a DB ?

Duron Carter haha!  ;D ;D

I don't know anyone OTT or EDM has that I'd want.  Kanneh maybe, but they'll never let him go.

How about Alford coming back from the NFL??  Any hope?
Never go full Rider!

Stretch

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2022, 02:19:24 AM

How about Alford coming back from the NFL??  Any hope?

Same chance as finding an intelligent person in Saskatchewan: zero.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.