The Good. The Bad, The Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, August 26, 2022, 04:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

JA27 looked like his timing got better as the game went on.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

buckzumhoff

He did better than oliveira. He doesnt try to make too many moves. He runs the ball

Pigskin

BO20 has been lights out good the last 4 games. Avg. 6.2   On Thursday he was at 7.5 Avg. before his injury.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Yeha, I take back anything I said about Brady, he's really been able to turn it on.

Hope he's back this week.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

All our backs are good and on the cusp of greatness

dd

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 28, 2022, 09:16:03 PM
Collaros arm was in motion throwing the ball. Ref made the right call calling the play dead.. Dickenson and chris jones challenge all tge time. Thats the way they coach. Bc edmonton calgary throw the flag all the time. Ottawa too.. 
They?re desperate, they?d challenge the time of day!!

bunker

Was at the game, and just finished re-watching it on the PVR.  A few random observations:

I thought Rutledge, while not perfect, was the best of our LB's. Clements was a real nonfactor, always seemed to get washed out in pursuit. Bighill was often getting steamrolled by an OL and could not seem to fight off the block to make an impact.

On the pass rush, our DE's almost always seemed to go wide, with usually no swim move to the inside. Made it easier for Calgary's tackles to push them side outside to the point where they end up to deep to pressure the QB. There were also hardly any stunts/twists. Is this by design by Hall? It did not look like Maier was a big threat to run in this game, in terms of worrying about losing contain. Maybe Hall is saving some tactics for the playoff game in November? Our interior D-line was pretty weak against the run, a guy like Stove would have made a difference.

Thought Rose did not have a great game. On the waggle, they actually voted him an all-star DB...I would have thought Nichols deserved that far more. I thought Calgary's receivers were very physical in their blocking also, and often physically dominated our DBs and were responsible for some of their rushing success.

Regarding the hold on Bighill, I agree there was not alot of evidence for a hold, but the fact is there is only really one angle that I could see that was shown on TSN, and you don't see what the O-linemans left hand is doing. If he was pushing Bighill thats fine, but if he grabbed his jersey and pulled him to the ground and the ref saw that, then that's holding.

The RTP on Jefferson was a terrible call. I heard the O'Shea interview on CJOB, and he felt a challenge would not succeed, because anytime there is contact above the shoulders, its RTP. At the time though, he probably did have access to the replay, where you can see Jefferson's hands come down below the shoulders on Maier's nameplate.

I really wish we would get Demski the ball in space on a regular basis, like we did in this game. He is very elusive and difficult to bring down.

The spot on the Demski pass in the 4th quarter that got overturned was really awful. The side judge, #98, should really go back to school. They also blew a spot on Augustine's run earlier, where they called him down, even though his hands touched the turf, but his knees did not. Ultimately, I think all these bad calls even out over the course of a season though.

Finally, I would give the happy honker award to Dobson. On that play where Augustine ran up the middle for the first down to seal the win, he pushed the Calgary player about 15 yards down the field, just physically dominated him, to help create that hole.