The Good. The Bad, The Ugly

Started by ModAdmin, August 26, 2022, 04:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 26, 2022, 02:39:19 PM
The Good:
Two good teams battling right down to the end - What more can a fan ask for?
Another close win - They don't ask how, they ask how many
McCrae - That TD catch was Burn-em-Esc
Demski - When we needed a big play he provided it
Jefferson - Beat their tackle consistently

The Bad:
Reffing - Quick whistle gave us the ball back + 3 unearned points. Phantom holding call on 3rd down gave us the ball back. Those 2 calls gave us the win. Teams should decide the game, not the refs.
Collaros - Two end zone picks + a fumble

The Ugly:
More injuries

FTR:
The Jefferson RTP was the right call. The CFL has been consistent about hitting a QB in the head/shoulder area being RTP. It was an incomplete pass, not a fumble and a TD.
Roughing the kicker has nothing to do with roughing the passer.
The call was right on the quick whistle. Calgary didn't immediately get the ball after the fumble. The problem was the quick whistle in the first place. Let it play out, then give the command center the final call.

oOoOo you're so edgy!
#Ride?

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 26, 2022, 06:50:14 PM
oOoOo you're so edgy!
Not trying to be edgy. They've been calling RTP's that way for at least a year now.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

VictorRomano

Quote from: Pigskin on August 26, 2022, 05:14:15 AM

BAD:

AB4 missed a lot of tackles.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.  Biggie looked like a pylon on a couple of those big runs up the gut.  Off game, I'm sure, but you're the heart of the D, man, and you get paid top dollar to be the best in the league.  Do better next week.

Nic16

Quote from: VictorRomano on August 26, 2022, 07:01:47 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.  Biggie looked like a pylon on a couple of those big runs up the gut.  Off game, I'm sure, but you're the heart of the D, man, and you get paid top dollar to be the best in the league.  Do better next week.

::)?I think Biggie has earned himself a mulligan or 2.

Pigskin

Like I said a lot of players missed tackles last night. AB4 missing tackles is just something we are not use to. AB4 will be on a mission for LD classic.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on August 26, 2022, 07:40:59 PM
Like I said a lot of players missed tackles last night. AB4 missing tackles is just something we are not use to. AB4 will be on a mission for LD classic.
he bloody well better be!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gordo

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 26, 2022, 08:40:19 PM
he bloody well better be!
He?s been good/great all year but last night #20 made #4 look silly.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: gordo on August 26, 2022, 11:13:04 PM
He?s been good/great all year but last night #20 made #4 look silly.
Both Logan and Carey make a lot of LBs look silly.   They are the best 1-2 RB combo in the league.    Logan has amazing acceleration aka Charles Roberts.   Carey is a great power back with great speed as well.   
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 26, 2022, 11:32:28 PM
Both Logan and Carey make a lot of LBs look silly.   They are the best 1-2 RB combo in the league.    Logan has amazing acceleration aka Charles Roberts.   Carey is a great power back with great speed as well.   

If Logan played the entire season from the start I think he would challenge Schoen for best rookie award.  He's an excellent RB, Dedrick Mills is no slouch either and he's currently sitting on the Stamps PR, LaPo should go after him.  I sure don't want to see the Stamps again in the W.F., I'd choose the Lions with Rourke as opponents any day.

the paw

I thought Calgary did a good job scheming to get a blocker into the second level and onto Bighill.  He typically sheds those blocks, but with Logan and Carey you really don't get much time to do so.  And let's face it, there really aren't any linebackers who can move laterally to keep up with Logan, you need a DHB or OLB to turn those back inside.
grab grass 'n growl

gordo

Very Good
McRae got to find a way to keep him as a starter

Good
Zach
Our kicker?!?! Was real good.
Wally
Pruk with a td pass. Who knew?
The crowd
The night
The game. A beauty.
CFL Football

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: the paw on August 27, 2022, 12:08:39 AM
I thought Calgary did a good job scheming to get a blocker into the second level and onto Bighill.  He typically sheds those blocks, but with Logan and Carey you really don't get much time to do so.  And let's face it, there really aren't any linebackers who can move laterally to keep up with Logan, you need a DHB or OLB to turn those back inside.
Good observations....Doug Brown commented on this and the explosiveness of both runners gets them by the LBs in an instant and then the secondary has the job of cleaning up.   
Bomber fan for life

blue_or_die

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 26, 2022, 06:56:07 PM
Not trying to be edgy. They've been calling RTP's that way for at least a year now.

You have your narrative that calls go the Bombers? way and never the other way around. Your post calls their chintz penalty legit and ours phantom. Like always.

Maybe one day the Bombers will be good enough for you.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 27, 2022, 04:24:13 AM
You have your narrative that calls go the Bombers? way and never the other way around. Your post calls their chintz penalty legit and ours phantom. Like always.

Maybe one day the Bombers will be good enough for you.
TBurg just calls it like HE sees it. He certainly confuses me him being a Blue Bomber fan sometimes.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gordo

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 27, 2022, 04:34:35 AM
TBurg just calls it like HE sees it. He certainly confuses me him being a Blue Bomber fan sometimes.
Provides a little balance to all of the other regulars who like to post how we get stiffed by the refs. Im fine with being objective and opinions that take the other side.

And I?m a Bomber fan too.