New Stadium in Surrey?

Started by Blue In BC, August 25, 2022, 05:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2022, 10:53:56 PM
Population size is no guarantee of large crowds. Just look at Toronto or Ottawa.

Yes, my point was that creating a rival could possibly heat up the fan base. It's like the old joke about lawyers. If a town has one lawyer, he starves; if it has two lawyers, they both get rich.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on August 27, 2022, 02:58:43 PM
Yes, my point was that creating a rival could possibly heat up the fan base. It's like the old joke about lawyers. If a town has one lawyer, he starves; if it has two lawyers, they both get rich.

Well, "rivalry" can't get much closer that TOR/HAM and it hasn't done a darned thing for the Argos...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on August 27, 2022, 02:58:43 PM

I don't know why the league hasn't yet created a LD rivalry between the Als and the RB's, they're missing out on a big opportunity IMO.  That would leave only BC left out waiting for their cross country rivalry with the Schooners to develop.