Riders at Lions GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2022, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckzumhoff

I dont mind the pyramiding calls. Its usually the same teams bc.montreal. Calgary.

GOLDMEMBER

BC looks like a crap team with no QB play all of the sudden.

DBs getting beat, receivers dropping EZ balls

Crazy!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2022, 04:34:43 AM
Full weight hammering QB into the turf takes him out of the game, of course it's RTP. That's 3 QB's the Riders have taken out, wonder what they have planned for next week?
Why is that not an intent to injure/rough play penalty?? You purposely put your entire weight trying to crush the Qb, if that isn?t intent to injure I don?t know what is. It?s a calculated move to injure. He should have been ejected.

GOLDMEMBER

Swiss cheese OL continues though in The Bush still!

GOLDMEMBER

It is crazy because O Connor looks fine on the sideline.

GOLDMEMBER

Rider DBs getting shredded all the sudden! Come on Pippy!

GOLDMEMBER

BC D needs to step big time!

Lincoln Locomotive

Fjardo 19-24 for 321 yards, 2 TDS and 0 pics!    Not bad for a washed up QB,    BC is in real tough now after losing their back up QB to the dirty Riders.    How can they continue getting away with their obvious intent to injure opposing players?    Is this horrible play being sanctioned by the league as they haven't been doing their jobs in calling them on it.    Don't think they won't be going after Zach.....because the bastardos will!
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

The RTP:
1. Timing was perfect; right on time; not even a moment late
2. No head hit, no below-knee hit, perfect center mass hit
3. No head-leading: he led with the shoulder
4. Perfect form tackle, you couldn't make it more textbook

So literally the only thing left to argue is was he pile driving or whatever; or did he "full weight" himself.
a) I think the "full weight" thing is just the NFL still?  Did we add that to the CFL rules in '21??  If not, it's a non-issue.
b) Any "pile drive" was simply the result of a full-speed heavy hit, he didn't try to lift him, it's just the fact it's 300 lbs of beast whacking the QB.  I saw no intent to pile drive.  Dude didn't know if the ball was gone yet or not.

As for judging the:
I) Outcome/injury: irrelevant as that's not in the rules and O'Connor jumped back up instantly and kept playing!  Maybe he needs to study at the Cody School Of Writhing.
II) Intent: not in the rules either, and all I saw was a perfect tackle by a beast man trying to disrupt the ball/play.

The only way this gets a fine is if a) it was Marino (it wasn't); or b) they judge his intent was to injure.  Or if CFL got the "full weight" rule and I didn't notice.

If Bighill made that play no one would be complaining because a) Bighill isn't heavy enough to drive him back like that, and b) he's not a Rider so we'd judge Biggie's "intent" as innocent.

Tell me, what was Sankey supposed to do there?  Keep in mind, he wants a disruption/fumble or sack.  The only thing I can see him having done is lose 50 lbs before the game.

P.S. I'm the last one to defend the Riders!!  But the game is football.  If there's no fine, I am right.  If there is, I am wrong.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2022, 05:43:51 AM
The RTP:

So literally the only thing left to argue is was he pile driving or whatever; or did he "full weight" himself.
a) I think the "full weight" thing is just the NFL still?  Did we add that to the CFL rules in '21??  If not, it's a non-issue.
b) Any "pile drive" was simply the result of a full-speed heavy hit, he didn't try to lift him, it's just the fact it's 300 lbs of beast whacking the QB.  I saw no intent to pile drive.  Dude didn't know if the ball was gone yet or not.

As for judging the:
I) Outcome/injury: irrelevant as that's not in the rules and O'Connor jumped back up instantly and kept playing!  Maybe he needs to study at the Cody School Of Writhing.
II) Intent: not in the rules either, and all I saw was a perfect tackle by a beast man trying to disrupt the ball/play.

The only way this gets a fine is if a) it was Marino (it wasn't); or b) they judge his intent was to injure.  Or if CFL got the "full weight" rule and I didn't notice.

If Bighill made that play no one would be complaining because a) Bighill isn't heavy enough to drive him back like that, and b) he's not a Rider so we'd judge Biggie's "intent" as innocent.

Tell me, what was Sankey supposed to do there?  Keep in mind, he wants a disruption/fumble or sack.  The only thing I can see him having done is lose 50 lbs before the game.

P.S. I'm the last one to defend the Riders!!  But the game is football.  If there's no fine, I am right.  If there is, I am wrong.

TBH I wasn't even watching the game so perhaps I was out of line with my comments....albeit I still think they are a dirty team and have had their fair share of questionable plays this season....,more than I can recall...ever?   Is it just me that feels that way about the Riders?   I'm thinking....no
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2022, 05:43:51 AM
The RTP:

As for judging the:

As mentioned on TSN, apparently the league sent a memo to all teams within the last 2 weeks specifying that this type of tackle when used on a QB is considered excessive force.  It's been a penalty in the NFL for at least 5 years, so it's about time the CFL caught on to the damage it can cause to their most valuable assets.

I would like to see a general "excessive force" penalty which could be used to protect all players equally, not just QB's.  Move the game back towards form tackling and reduce the risk of players being injured by human torpedoes or bone crunching Taylor Loffler collisions which rattle the brain.  When highly skilled players get taken out of games by excessive force we all lose.

Austin85

Hickson is a threat to our linebackers, awesome game
he had tonight. We are weak against the run , Calgary showed that.  We need better run stoppage!!

Austin85

Our linebackers are good but no.4 is in his last year. I think he is awesome, but quicker Running backs our showing his decline. I love No.4 and hopefully he has some left to carry us this season.

buckzumhoff

I thought bighill did ok. They stopped the run in the 4th. Hes playing with at least one new linebacker and one new d lineman .  teams run misdirection plays . winnipeg didnt send more than 4 rushers at any time in the game. Didnt blitz at all like calgary and other teams. Toronto sends 5 ir 6 rushers so does BC . i thought winnipeg made calgary take the wide out passes and ran wide wirh Logan.but we could do better on the run i think it starts with the d line. .plug holes in the middle

TBURGESS

BC lost O'Conner, TJ Lee, & Whitehead last night. Still stayed within 7 of the Riders. Good thing the Lions have a bye next week, they're going to need it.

I didn't like the Illegal Contact penalty on BC in the last couple of minutes. A chintzy call at a huge moment that kept the ball in the Riders hands instead of punting. I'm not suggesting that the Refs put their flags away in the last 3 minutes of close games. I'm suggesting they only call obvious penalties and let the players decide the games.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.