Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg August 25, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, August 24, 2022, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdand1.5

Zach has played great and terrible all in one game..I don't get
it

Blue72

Why are our returners catching the ball and letting it go for one twice. that could be the game

Blue72

That field goal at the half could have been a big one

kronic

Quote from: dd on August 26, 2022, 02:59:00 AM
Why did we not challenge the UR on Jefferson. Horrendous call by Bradbury, absolutely awful and we don?t challenge that!??

I don?t know that they would have overturned that and we ALMOST needed it at the end with the terrible spot they were given.

That was the second horrible spot we got in this game and about the fourth this year I?ve noticed so far. I?m not sure what?s up with that.
edited at the request of the moderators

Blue In BC

That wasn't easy but it's a very important victory.

Might have been the worst game by the defence all year. Couldn't stop much of anything.

Collaros and or some specific play calling cost us points on turnovers. Possible TD chances but at worst two short FG tries.

Injuries:

1. Houston: Hamstring or hip pointer?
2. Rene: Looked serious, some sort of knee injury. That might have been his 1st and last play of the season.
3. Woli: nicked but he did return.
4. Oliveria: Didn't see an injury but he was replaced after having a very good game. Probably precautionary?
5. Thomas: Didn't see him for most of the 2nd half. Didn't see an injury or hear anything from the sidelines.

I guess we'll see who can play from this group next week. Houston and Rene are the least likely but hard to tell about Oliveria or Thomas without more data.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Well....we persevered and won....fantastic game!  Legghio was perfect!   Demski was the stud in this game along with Brady and McCrae comes out of nowhere to make plays!   We are down to the equipment manager and trainer roster wise yet we pulled this one out and Johnny made that critical first down when the entire Stamp D knew he was coming!   Superlative!!
Bomber fan for life

dd

Quote from: kronic on August 26, 2022, 03:21:37 AM
I don?t know that they would have overturned that and we ALMOST needed it at the end with the terrible spot they were given.

That was the second horrible spot we got in this game and about the fourth this year I?ve noticed so far. I?m not sure what?s up with that.
I just don?t see how the play was either unnecessary or rough. Willie went up, left his feet to block the pass and coming down his momentum made contact with the Qb. There was nothing unnecessary or rough about the play. Outrageous call

Blue In BC

McCrae had an outstanding game for his 1st start at receiver. If not for an under throw by Collaros he would have had a 2nd TD.

Parker seemed to well on returns. On defence he seemed ok but we were allowing all that underneath stuff and everyone was giving up yardage.

Kudos to Demski, Schoen and Bailey for making big plays when we needed to.

I hope we have some player names on speed dial. Injuries are mounting and not sure when Grant or Kramdi will return off of 1 game IR. Players on 6 game IR didn't seem to be in the cards for next week. Perhaps starting practice but not game ready for a few weeks?

Particularly thin with Canadians on the PR if we lose a couple from tonight, even if it's only for a week.

Generally expect Holm and Lavigne to be activated to replace Houston and Rene.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on August 26, 2022, 03:31:26 AM
I just don?t see how the play was either unnecessary or rough. Willie went up, left his feet to block the pass and coming down his momentum made contact with the Qb. There was nothing unnecessary or rough about the play. Outrageous call

Yeah I thought it was a bad call. Didn't see any contact with the head, just on both shoulders. I'll have to re-watch to even tell if it was actually an incomplete pass or a fumble by Maier.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

kronic

Quote from: dd on August 26, 2022, 03:31:26 AM

Oh, it was a TERRIBLE call. I just think the replay centre would have looked at it and stood by him ?hitting? the QB ?late.?
edited at the request of the moderators

Blue In BC

Walker and Lawson didn't record a DT. Not sure if either actually saw the field. Gauthier was playing quite a bit which why I noticed Thomas wasn't playing.

Rutledge led the team with 10 DT's. Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. The entire defence was in chase mode most of the game. Logan left him standing on one play that led to a TD.

Not really convinced that Rutledge or Clements are playing great. Not horribly but not making plays I'd expect ( less chase mode plays and more immediate tackles ).

Regardless we're 10 - 1. Have the 3 games on the Stamps. Initial advantage on the Lions plus more wins. Now we need to beat down the Riders and at the very least win 2 of the 3 games. That would put us well into the lead in the race for 1st place.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

Rutledge is regularly at the top of tackles game in & out, outside of the mistake from last game he has been great.

Blue In BC

Quote from: NewBlue on August 26, 2022, 03:47:02 AM
Rutledge is regularly at the top of tackles game in & out, outside of the mistake from last game he has been great.

Like I said, I'm not convinced that's a good thing. At least a few times every game he arrives a day late and a dollar short. That said, our DL is giving QB's too long to throw.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2022, 03:49:01 AM
Like I said, I'm not convinced that's a good thing. At least a few times every game he arrives a day late and a dollar short. That said, our DL is giving QB's too long to throw.

What?  He's a rookie, there'll be mistakes. He's had a great year to date and he'll be great down the road. He is by no means a weakness.

dd

Quote from: kronic on August 26, 2022, 03:38:35 AM
Oh, it was a TERRIBLE call. I just think the replay centre would have looked at it and stood by him ?hitting? the QB ?late.?
But that?s just it, he didn?t hit him late, he hit him when gravity brought him back down to earth, what?s the guy supposed to do?? It?s like when they go to block a punt, if you make contact with the football, contact on the punter is ignored, same thing here, willie made contact with the bill so the incidental contact coming back down after jumping is ignored. It was an awful call