Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg August 25, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, August 24, 2022, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool Spot

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 25, 2022, 03:54:56 AM
get a PVR!

A PVR is a tool of the devil! My recording machine gets 40 rods to the hog's head, and that's the way I likes it!

Jesse

Quote from: Cool Spot on August 25, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
A PVR is a tool of the devil! My recording machine gets 40 rods to the hog's head, and that's the way I likes it!

:D
My wife is amazing!

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2022, 04:15:09 PM
Rhetorical question ( more or less ): Who is our back up at safety?
My order would go:
Ford
Parker
Rene

I really just want a way for Ford to get more time on the field!

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on August 25, 2022, 07:29:52 PM
My order would go:
Ford
Parker
Rene

I really just want a way for Ford to get more time on the field!

1st thing is that I hope we don't have any injury, let alone at safety. However I wouldn't mind a big lead that allows us to get another player some game time. I'm also curious to see what Ford can do in the role.

Since we don't really know the time line for the return of Alexander or Thompson, it would be helpful to get game time. That's true even if there are expectations of one or both returning in the next few weeks.

Nothing is guaranteed and additional injuries are always possible.  The team might decide Parker would be the next man up but he's also the next man up at CB or DB. So experience and versatility are good plans.

Looking forward to see how Parker does as the returner. He's been active on ST's but beyond that not sure what he can achieve.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Some interesting comments here about new faces  rotation and backups.  Thanks guys.  What a nice night for a Bomber game.

Blue In BC

I'm expecting the Bombers to win tonight. I would like a statement game with a 14+ point advantage. One because my old ticker can't take these last 2nd wins and two to show we're top dog.

EDIT: Just just checked info on Cole. He's listed as a back up at WIL but he was a safety in college. I'd take that to suggest he might have some speed / range and coverage ability. He might be in the mix at SAM or Safety if it becomes necessary.

Have to think Briggs would be next up at WIL and Clements might move to SAM as 1st choices. Kramdi was listed backing up at SAM but he's on IR.

As O'Shea says and is typical in the CFL, players can play multiple positions in this day and era.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2022, 09:12:10 PM
I'm expecting the Bombers to win tonight. I would like a statement game with a 14+ point advantage. One because my old ticker can't take these last 2nd wins and two to show we're top dog.

EDIT: Just just checked info on Cole. He's listed as a back up at WIL but he was a safety in college. I'd take that to suggest he might have some speed / range and coverage ability. He might be in the mix at SAM or Safety if it becomes necessary.

Have to think Briggs would be next up at WIL and Clements might move to SAM as 1st choices. Kramdi was listed backing up at SAM but he's on IR.

As O'Shea says and is typical in the CFL, players can play multiple positions in this day and era.

Spank em by 14 nice, if we get the run game going, protect Zach and DL makes it miserable for them, it will happen.

TheDeuce

I'm looking forward to seeing how the O line performs tonight.  They looked weak in the last two games but I attributed that to the ten games in 62 days they had to play. 

Given the weakness they showed in Montreal I had hoped to see some playbook adjustments - more quick release plays, screen passes, quick slants, whatever it took to get the ball out of Zach's hands quickly, taking the pressure off the O line to give Zach 5+ steamboats on every play.  Didn't happen though.

If we can control the line of scrimmage tonight I'll feel a lot better than I did two weeks ago.

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 25, 2022, 07:41:21 PM
1st thing is that I hope we don't have any injury, let alone at safety. However I wouldn't mind a big lead that allows us to get another player some game time. I'm also curious to see what Ford can do in the role.

Since we don't really know the time line for the return of Alexander or Thompson, it would be helpful to get game time. That's true even if there are expectations of one or both returning in the next few weeks.

Nothing is guaranteed and additional injuries are always possible.  The team might decide Parker would be the next man up but he's also the next man up at CB or DB. So experience and versatility are good plans.

Looking forward to see how Parker does as the returner. He's been active on ST's but beyond that not sure what he can achieve.

So far Ford is at least 3rd string or worse on the depth chart at Safety, the job was open for taking and both Thompson and Hallett were given opportunities ahead of him.  Once B.A. comes back it's very unlikely we'll see a Natl. get a chance to play Safety or anywhere else in the secondary this season.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 25, 2022, 11:47:26 PM
So far Ford is at least 3rd string or worse on the depth chart at Safety, the job was open for taking and both Thompson and Hallett were given opportunities ahead of him.  Once B.A. comes back it's very unlikely we'll see a Natl. get a chance to play Safety or anywhere else in the secondary this season.

I'm just speaking about what happens before either of those players return. Ford was a rookie but Thompson had some CFL experience and Hallett has been with the Bombers for a couple of years.

Logic would suggest Ford or Rene would not likely be in serious contention coming out of TC. Now with injuries and limited rosters that changes the situation.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

northof30

So TSN doesn?t even comment on the fact that their wad pass interference and it would have been on the one yard line anyway!

Blue72

dd