Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg August 25, 2022

Started by ModAdmin, August 24, 2022, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

What's the actual KO time....Winnipeg time?   The schedule often lists the incorrect times.    I have to attend a AGM for our Strata.
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 24, 2022, 11:57:55 PM
What's the actual KO time....Winnipeg time?   The schedule often lists the incorrect times.    I have to attend a AGM for our Strata.

Appears to be 7:30
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: DM83 on August 24, 2022, 05:38:58 PM
I am nervous about this one.
Calgary has improved
Maier is the real deal
We have again,,become one dimensional. At best on offence,

I strongly believe we are too slow at receiver.  I see the team has not done anything to improve.
Secondly, it's only a matter of time before Zac gets injured, as the O line at left guard is feeble.
Third Rose has some sort of weird philosophy this year it seems...I.e.get beat for a hundred yards ?

Montreal went Man almost exclusively the last couple games, and their fr[ont seven, dominated the last two games.  If I am Calgary I do the same thing.

This could be ugly.
I think alot of people are nervous
Imo offense isn't nearly as one dimension as you suggest.  Buck has called a few great games and we have shown the ability to win with the deep ball, medium length routes and have had a few good games on the ground.  Zach has been lights out and very creative and has spread the ball around nicely.
Imo OL isn't as weak as you suggest.
Imo suggesting it's on a matter of time before Zach will be injured is a stretch and bad juju
Imo Rose isn't as bad as you said.

Quote from: The Zipp on August 24, 2022, 05:45:05 PM
time for our all-stars to be all stars

Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Bighill,  hardrick and Bryant

win the trenches - win the game as we have the talent and coaching to take advantage of that.

i have been on Rose all season - he gets beat more than he makes plays, that has to stop.
Agree your 1st points
While Rose hasn't been great, imo your criticism on Rose hasn't been completely warranted as you tend to only focus on  his mistakes or bad games.  He has had good moments too.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 24, 2022, 09:38:55 PM
We're starting 8 NATs again.  Gives us some flexibility to spell NATs with IMPs/GLOBs.

I'm not sure about the McCrae thing... Why aren't we starting Harrison and actually put him on the field to see what he can do??  And what about McKnight, didn't we bring him back then not then bring him back then not?  If GE2 is out 6+ games, do we bring McKnight back again?

We pulled Schoen out of a hat, but our other WR prospects this year haven't really done anything.  Where are the scouts?

McCrae has gotten like a handful of pass attempts this year, most behind/at the LoS.  Basically invisible.  Why don't we try some different things with him, and if it fails, move on?

Since BO and McCrae will be on the field at the same time, why don't we try a few two-back sets, straddling Zach, to spice things up and confuse the D?

Harrison in, Grant out.  Imo we have used Grant well, he has played ok and our scouts are good.  Our receivers are good and we have a few in development.  Bring back McKnight on PR.

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 24, 2022, 06:32:18 PM
Not worried about this game . bombers stop the run should be good. All teams have improved . . should win this game. Leggio has to be fairly consistent. I think stamps will probably trying to stay in the game and do what montreal did . win by field goals

Agree all

Calgary is good, we are great.  Going to be a great battle.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Jesse on August 25, 2022, 12:13:48 AM
Appears to be 7:30

well that's 5:30 BC time....my meeting starts at 6 so I might be able to catch the first quarter....and most or  part of the 4th quarter.   Thanks for the update....
Bomber fan for life

BLUEBOMBER

The Bombers are weaker in every area this year for sure.. the problem is other teams have not step up much as well. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 25, 2022, 01:02:41 AM
well that's 5:30 BC time....my meeting starts at 6 so I might be able to catch the first quarter....and most or  part of the 4th quarter.   Thanks for the update....
get a PVR! Welcome to the 2010s
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

It's game day! At home! Big crowd expected!  Let's get it on!!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 25, 2022, 03:54:56 AM
nah...prefer listening to OB radio......I just watch the highlights after the game.   
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 25, 2022, 03:54:56 AM

Get a PVR?? You and your new fangled stuff - And what was wrong with Dos 3.11???  ;D

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

3rdand1.5

Mc Crea has looked good IMO, not sure he is a "true receiver" but neither is Grant IMO so the coaches must want a small shifty speedy guy for something. Perhaps setting up something for LD, BJB.....I am concerned we will have a drop off without Ellingson for 6 weeks but that's the risk of signing an older vet. Positives are he should be healthy and hungry come playoff time, and his salary for 6 is off the books, may help should a guy like Kongbo or Desjarlies shake loose.

Anyway back to the game, I really hope our O-line is a bit healthier/rested as they really did not look very good against Mtrl pre bye week. We need to own the TOP and keep Meir out of a rhythm and Kadeem off the field as much as possible. I think he is a good QB, and Kadeem is a great RB but they can't be good if our offence sustains long time killing drives that keep them off the field. They are on a short week, and short practices after a tough game, If our offence can string some good long drives together early we can fatigue them and "turn the lights out" in the 4th.

IMO the key to the game is our O-line winning the LOS and our offence putting together long physical time consuming drives early.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 24, 2022, 09:38:55 PM
We're starting 8 NATs again.  Gives us some flexibility to spell NATs with IMPs/GLOBs.

I'm not sure about the McCrae thing... Why aren't we starting Harrison and actually put him on the field to see what he can do??  And what about McKnight, didn't we bring him back then not then bring him back then not?  If GE2 is out 6+ games, do we bring McKnight back again?

We pulled Schoen out of a hat, but our other WR prospects this year haven't really done anything.  Where are the scouts?

McCrae has gotten like a handful of pass attempts this year, most behind/at the LoS.  Basically invisible.  Why don't we try some different things with him, and if it fails, move on?

Since BO and McCrae will be on the field at the same time, why don't we try a few two-back sets, straddling Zach, to spice things up and confuse the D?

Some flexibility to spell some NAt's with globals or imports. Sure. That's only partially true. Not what your post seems to suggest.  A DI or global cannot directly spell a NI player. The flexibility comes from which extra import global is not the DI. Global players are effectively another version of a DI.

Based on the current game AR I'd think that might be Machino who could come in as an extra blocker. In that instance Woli or Oliveria might come off in a passing down. Or Machino could rotate with a Canadian OL in there was an injury etc.

Parker or Harrison are only going to replace another import if forced into a starting role, or as a rotation player.

Rhetorical question ( more or less ): Who is our back up at safety?

2019 Grey Cup Champions