Winnipeg and Sask coming up

Started by Blue72, August 21, 2022, 12:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Riders? RB Jamal Morrow undergoes surgery for broken hand, expected to miss six-to-eight weeks: report: The Saskatchewan Roughriders could be without starting running back Jamal Morrow for up to two months after the CFL?s leading rusher?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: the paw on August 21, 2022, 10:29:00 PM
This whole thread is making the cardinal error of looking past an opponent.  In this case, a dangerous one.

Y?all need to brush up on your jinx protocol.

We can do that, the Bombers can't.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 22, 2022, 02:15:35 AM
This. Jinxes aren't real, either.
how do you know? Are you the expert on superstitions? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ichabod_crane

Certainly could be another brawl This LDC. Cheap shot CRYDERS! ;)

Blue In BC

Morrow joins the long list of injured RB's to have a relatively serious injury. Placed on the 6 game IR with a hand injury
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: the paw on August 21, 2022, 10:29:00 PM
This whole thread is making the cardinal error of looking past an opponent.  In this case, a dangerous one.

Y?all need to brush up on your jinx protocol.

No one is looking past Calgary. They're the toughest out in the league now that Rourke is out.

But we've also played them twice already and haven't seen Sask yet, so people are just excited.
My wife is amazing!

wpg#1

Marino worries me. The guy is a nut, and for some reason the rider organization is looking the other way.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2022, 03:27:00 PM
Morrow joins the long list of injured RB's to have a relatively serious injury. Placed on the 6 game IR with a hand injury

If Morrow is out for LDC/BB then SSK will be even easier to beat.  Morrow was the bright light on their O this year.  Since they can't throw, the run game was very important.  The games SSK won they got an amazing run game going.

The tears must be flowing in Riderville...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 22, 2022, 03:34:59 AM
Certainly could be another brawl This LDC. Cheap shot CRYDERS! ;)

You guys make a great point.  I think the #1 message our coaches need to impart to our players is that SSK will be trying to incite 15-yard penalties.  They don't have much left to win with other than goading penalties.

I would hope we don't take the bait, not even once, and are clean with OC/UR calls.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 21, 2022, 04:29:35 PM
I think Zach will have to reduce his wild scrambling and make sure he gets rid of the ball quicker when they play the Riders, they can't legally hit you if the ball is long gone.  This will cut down the long ball offence somewhat, but they won't need really need it to beat the Riders, as long as the running game is working the Bombers have plenty of receivers that work well in tight and mid range.  Time for Demski to catch fire again.

Not worried about legal hits, it is the cheap shot illegal hits that concern me. Would not surprise me if another brawl breaks out in this LDC! Maybe Sask wants to become the Al Davis BIG BAD Raiders of the CFL! ;) :D Need to change their colours first though.

Unfortunately I can't make the LDC in Regina (nor the banjo bowl either) this season, but I will be wearing my Bombers jersey (even if it's Andrew Harris's old number) in any case at the Labour Day game in Calgary! If Bombers make it to the GC in Regina, then I will seriously have to look at going although if -20C or lower for game day I'm too old to tolerate those temps outside for too long at my age! ;) Thankfully the 2019 GC in Calgary we had a chinook and was a toasty +10C or so for that game.

Blue72

I see that Garrett Marino was hit with a fine this week, unnecessary roughness on a oline men. Why is Sask/CFL putting up with this, or is this the kind of team Sask is. Did Dickenson loose control of this team or is he just a weak HC?

blue_gold_84

As if Marino got fined in his first game back from suspension. What a jack knob. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 25, 2022, 01:23:02 PM
As if Marino got fined in his first game back from suspension. What a jack knob. :D

Isn't there some sort of cumulative effect here?

No matter how many time he does **** like this, he gets a minimum fine?
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Might be worth engaging him with one of our ST players to try to get him to get kicked out if he acts up?  I personally don't like the idea but maybe the lesser of two evils to protect our stars.

Thoughts?