Winnipeg and Sask coming up

Started by Blue72, August 21, 2022, 12:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

I was hoping we'd be somewhat more healed up after the bye and 9 days before the LDC!?   Wrong!   We are losing players all over the roster.....yet MOS continues to reiterate the next man up mantra.   At the rate we are losing key players, soon he may need to suit up!   Every week we face new challenges to find ways to win....this week will be no exception.
Bomber fan for life

Ridermania

Catch the shuttles to and from the stadium for free! Plan your route to the game here!

Stadium shuttle rides are offered for Saskatchewan Roughrider football games at Mosaic Stadium. Buses run continuously back and forth from several convenient locations starting two hours and 15 minutes before a Rider game. The last bus departs each location 30 minutes before kickoff. Buses will return to the drop off locations at the start of the 4th quarter and continue to shuttle until one hour after the game has ended.

Locations

Warehouse District
University of Regina
Downtown
Southland Mall
Turvey Center

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 01, 2022, 09:23:07 PM
I disagree. Hickson is a good RB. 15/129 against BC. And our run D hasn't been rock solid this year.

Hickson is to Morrow as Augustine is to Brady.

Hickson is the speed back who is better outside the tackles and not so hot in the A-gap.  So the key to defending Hickson is contain, and the ends able to break blocks to get him on the edge.  Worry less about the DTs, except maybe that B gap.

LBs need to monitor that outside.  WILL is especially important.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 02, 2022, 03:53:20 PM
Cody is limited in mobility with his knee, but Hickson looked quick and Sask should be able to run against a very depleted LB corpse. Everyone knows if you keep Cody in the pocket and force him to beat you with his arm as a pocket passer he most often can't.

Yikes, our LB group isn't that bad!  They're not dead yet!  :D :D :D
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Hickson seemed to be the beneficiary of some broken plays on defence against the Lions due to injuries. Open field and bad tackling etc created some long runs. There is some concern not being sure if we're going to be missing 3 players on defence including 2 starting LB's. 

We're less prone to broken coverage situations even when we experience injuries IMO.  In any case I'd rather see the Riders have some success running than more success passing. Fajardo will eventually cough up turnovers or will get sacked.  Lions had 7 or 8 sacks in the game they lost.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2022, 05:22:54 PM
Hickson seemed to be the beneficiary of some broken plays on defence against the Lions due to injuries. Open field and bad tackling etc created some long runs. There is some concern not being sure if we're going to be missing 3 players on defence including 2 starting LB's. 

We're less prone to broken coverage situations even when we experience injuries IMO.  In any case I'd rather see the Riders have some success running than more success passing. Fajardo will eventually cough up turnovers or will get sacked.  Lions had 7 or 8 sacks in the game they lost.
no Biggie or injured Biggie might pose a problem in run Defense. Hopefully he is ok enough to go. If not guys need to step especially the DL.

Pigskin

The Rider fans need this win as much as the team does. ZC8 is a perfect 4-0 against the Riders as the Bomber starting QB. The Bombers have won 6 out of the last 8 games against the Riders. CS17 was our starting QB for the 2 loses. The last two game we have played in Regina, we have won. 2019 West Final and Labor Day 2021. Do you think ZC8 is in there head? 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

The key to not exposing our LB corps to issues is to keep our O on the field most of the game...

Simple, really....

Or, hear me out, Hansen at MLB if Biggie can't go...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on September 02, 2022, 06:56:26 PM
The key to not exposing our LB corps to issues is to keep our O on the field most of the game...

Simple, really....

Or, hear me out, Hansen at MLB if Biggie can't go...

Nutso idea.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Pigskin

Side Clements into the middle, and Cole takes Clements spot.

Pete

Quote from: Pigskin on September 02, 2022, 07:20:42 PM
Except Clements also appears hurt

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 02, 2022, 07:20:42 PM

If Clements wasn't also nicked I would think he's be next at MLB. OTOH, I think Briggs at WIL before Cole. Briggs is much more experienced than Cole and has filled that role in 2021.

Cole might be a good LB in the future but he's still really new to the team and the CFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Well we have Gauthier and Maruo, and the new kid Cooper. How about Thomas Miles out of retirement. lol