Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Moose are out of the playoffs, losing 2-1 in game 5.

Harkins, 4G 3A, in 5 games. Harkins had a good season with the Moose.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Jets with the 19th pick in this years draft.

Pigskin

One of the top Jets prospects decided to head to Germany. 23 year old D-man Gawanke signs with a German club for 4 years. He had 20 G and 25 A this season.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on May 10, 2023, 04:47:30 PM
One of the top Jets prospects decided to head to Germany. 23 year old D-man Gawanke signs with a German club for 4 years. He had 20 G and 25 A this season.

Is he really a top prospect at this point? He was drafted in 2017 and hasn't had so much as a sniff in the NHL.

I can understand his decision based on the fact he's from Germany and can probably make similar or better money playing there than in the AHL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

He didn't join the Moose until 2019/20 season. Due to covid he played in Germany in 2020/21. The last two season you could really see his improvement. A very offensive D-man. Good skater that moved the puck well, and could score.  But your probably right, the money is probably the same or even a little better in Germany. 

blue_gold_84

Hellebuyck is a finalist for the Vezina.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

NE27 is going to play in the World Championships. Injured most of the season. As a Jets fan I would like to see him get healthy and play a full season.

dd

Paul Maurice says hi from Florida.....moving onto the next round, while sheiffle and wheeler are playing another round of golf!!! Big changes in the locker room needed!! And Maurice is too classy, but he could say I toaddaso!!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 23, 2023, 07:22:32 PM
A lot of trade rumors about Helli.

The one wild card.

I fully believe the organization wants to run it back, but Helle can throw a big wrench into that if he's clear he won't re-sign.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 23, 2023, 07:24:58 PM
The one wild card.

I fully believe the organization wants to run it back, but Helle can throw a big wrench into that if he's clear he won't re-sign.

He made it clear he's not interested in staying for a rebuild - and I can't say I blame him considering how much he's given this organization recently and its failings by not addressing shortcomings adequately.

I hope it won't come to that for the Jets and they're able to re-tune the roster to compete for not only another playoff berth but a deep run.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 23, 2023, 07:37:10 PM
He made it clear he's not interested in staying for a rebuild - and I can't say I blame him considering how much he's given this organization recently and its failings by not addressing shortcomings adequately.

I hope it won't come to that for the Jets and they're able to re-tune the roster to compete for not only another playoff berth but a deep run.

You are far more optimistic about this team's abilities than I am. I can't imagine any "re-tune" that makes this roster successful.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 23, 2023, 07:55:30 PM
You are far more optimistic about this team's abilities than I am. I can't imagine any "re-tune" that makes this roster successful.

Cautiously optimistic. I gave up my season tickets, so emphasis on the cautious.
#forthew
лава Україні!