Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 25, 2023, 02:17:59 PM
Methinks the boys are done. Can't keep losing top talent and expect to hang with the top seed in the conference.

Such a shame because the series started off well and outside of game 2, the Jets have been found ways to keep pace. Needed to get the comeback win in game 3, IMO.

Agree, game 2 wasn't pretty. However the Jets have battled and played for the most part very well.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Definitely agree that they are battling.
Team is up against the wall but hopefully they get that extra goal on Thursday
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

I am surprised how bad we are at home in the playoffs.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on April 25, 2023, 08:42:52 PM
I am surprised how bad we are at home in the playoffs.

It's crazy...the whiteout is a curse...we can't win at home it seems.

bluengold204

Pretty evident we have no business being in the playoffs.  We dominated game 1 but I think that was more Vegas sleeping and taking us lightly, since then we been out played every game.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on April 26, 2023, 02:48:04 AM
It's crazy...the whiteout is a curse...we can't win at home it seems.

Curses aren't real. In 2019, the Jets went up against the league's hottest team going into the post-season. All but one game (game 3) was decided by a goal in that opening series.

This time around, they're a wildcard team going up against the conference's best team.

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 26, 2023, 03:31:16 AM
Pretty evident we have no business being in the playoffs.  We dominated game 1 but I think that was more Vegas sleeping and taking us lightly, since then we been out played every game.

Nah. They made the playoffs thanks to a late push and earned that final WC spot.

Game 3 could've easily gone the Jets' way after erasing a three-goal deficit, but Samberg made a costly error in 2OT. Keep in mind they did so without their best defenseman. Game 4 was similarly close and that was without Scheifele.

I'm not saying moral victories are worth anything but to suggest they have no business being in the playoffs is patently false.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Missing 3 forwards from your top 6, and your best D-man would be tough for any team. The Jets have played well. Helli will have to be lights out, and we will need a few breaks to see game 6.

Pigskin

Sound like PL80, Stenlund, and NE27, skated today.

MA22 did not skate today.

Holm still the backup for tonight.

The Zipp

ModAdmin

Pretty clear they have to make changes from the top down. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Agree the Jets need to make some changes. Chevy would be a good place to start. Well at least we still have the Ice and the Moose left in the playoffs.

The Manitoba Moose start there playoffs tonight in Winnipeg. Go Moose.

Jockitch

Finally, as of 5 minutes ago, caught the comments, shot from the hip, by Bowness at the Presser from last night
Certainly none of the "proud of these guys" or "tough season but they battled hard" routine speech coughed up by others over the years.

Was numbed at 4-0 and that saved me from being edgy the rest of the game.

Apparently it's garbage bag day tomorrow and players will be guarded in their comments

Winnipeg will now be Speculation City.   Rumors will be manufactured prior to the Draft and up to the new season opener
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

Well guaranteed something is going to happen ?either Bowness is gone, the leadership group is, or Chevy is shown the door. I am hoping it?s both leadership group and Chevy. This team, other than Lowry, has no grit, total group of pushover pansies. Dubois can?t be shown the door quick enough.

Maurice is proving he wasn?t the problem last year. His panthers are playing lights out against the #1 seed. He resigned and left the dressing room Bowness is barking about. Seems to me it?s the players and the GM is stocking the locker room, seems they both gotta go

Pigskin

Quote from: dd on April 29, 2023, 01:12:59 AM
Well guaranteed something is going to happen ?either Bowness is gone, the leadership group is, or Chevy is shown the door. I am hoping it?s both leadership group and Chevy. This team, other than Lowry, has no grit, total group of pushover pansies. Dubois can?t be shown the door quick enough.

Maurice is proving he wasn?t the problem last year. His panthers are playing lights out against the #1 seed. He resigned and left the dressing room Bowness is barking about. Seems to me it?s the players and the GM is stocking the locker room, seems they both gotta go

I will disagree with the no grit comment. 17, 7, 62, 36, 22, 8 all come to play every night. On D 2,4,5, 44 before he was injured. 54 will be much better next season.

Chevy has been here since the Jets return. Time for some fresh management.

blue_gold_84

Bowness' post-game comments hit the nail on the head.

No push-back. No pride.

TNSE has some major decisions to make this off-season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.