Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Blackhawks beat the Flames. That helps the Jets.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Big game tonight! Whiteout even came to town. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

Though the Flames are trailing in points, my opinion is that the Jets absolutely must win
Looking at the schedules ---- feel the Flames are less likely to lose after tonight vs the games after for the Jets

Flames can certainly cause possession action so our team must be exceptionally efficient in our end and cleanly get out.

Should unfold like a playoff game
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Win the next three games and they're in. Gotta make these remaining home games count.
#forthew
лава Україні!

The Zipp

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Jesse

This teams peak was 2-4 years ago and we pissed it away.

The ownership and management will continue to 'retool' for as long as they can so we'll be stuck in the play-off line/Wild Card spot every year for the time being because we're one of the middling teams who are neither going for it nor making a conscious rebuild.

The only teams worse than us are the ones actively trying to lose.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

2018 was the moment, IMO. 2019 was when things began to slide and the off-season catalyzed a lot of what's wrong with this organization now.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 06, 2023, 04:20:39 PM
2018 was the moment, IMO. 2019 was when things began to slide and the off-season catalyzed a lot of what's wrong with this organization now.

The years after 2018 should have been our peak. That's when our core was in their primes. The young kids like Connor and Ehlers were ready to go, Scheifele and Helle were at their peak and Wheeler hadn't started his decline. 2018 should have been the start of something great - but for whatever reason or reasons, we let it go to waste.

If I'm in charge, I recognize that it's too late to salvage (if Stanley Cup is the goal). But "there is no appetite for a rebuild" in TrueNorth, so we'll cling to the middle.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on April 06, 2023, 04:28:32 PM
The years after 2018 should have been our peak. That's when our core was in their primes. The young kids like Connor and Ehlers were ready to go, Scheifele and Helle were at their peak and Wheeler hadn't started his decline. 2018 should have been the start of something great - but for whatever reason or reasons, we let it go to waste.

The team lost 4/6 of its blue line in the 2019 off-season. I don't think it's ever recovered.

Trouba was traded and while Pionk started off pretty well relatively speaking, he's gradually declined (and also lacks Trouba's presence and physicality). Myers and Chiarot left for free agency, and Byfuglien walked away from hockey shortly before the 2019-20 season. The team has yet to replace that exodus of talent and grit and it shows. They relied heavily on that defense corps and it seems like a commitment to smart two-way hockey hasn't been realized. If not for Hellebuyck carrying this team more often than not, they're probably considerably worse off and I doubt we're even talking about playoffs right now at all.

The forward talent is there but the consistency to playing the right way is not. Leadership also remains an issue, which speaks to an attitude problem.

How these next few games shake out should be irrelevant to how this off-season is tackled, IMO. Changes are needed in a big way. How that looks is beyond me but the way things have gone lately can't be allowed to continue.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Jockitch

Flames are good but this was our barn, victory should not have quietly slipped away in front of our fans

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on April 06, 2023, 07:03:02 PM
Flames are good but this was our barn, victory should not have quietly slipped away in front of our fans

Flames are not good.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Jets are built like a never was wanna be *** kisser. In  2018,we needed a couple players to get to the next level. Cheveldayoff coil not do it. Then he didn?t know  Bufflin would quir and Meyers would sign in Vancouver.  He then signed three defensive clowns to
5 million dollar contracts Who are sissy?s

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

The Preds have scored more points then I never imagined after Forsberg and then Josi went down
Tells ya how far a team can progress when the goalie Saros is so terrific

Tonight we start, again, our super star HellB with a much, much better studded lineup.
Soooo if the hockey gods are smiling then we win by 3, otherwise a major biter will unfold.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE