Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Time to make a call up from the Moose... bring in Harkins and Toninato and put them with Ehlers, put 26 and 55 in the press box for a game.

Drastic, sure, but I bet Harkins gets more than zero shots in 19:17 ice time.

And maybe the earn to stay in the lineup if they produce.

Sure, you might bruise 55's ego, but giving 26 a much needed rest might have benefits.  And Ehlers always seems to have fun with new linemates.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

It's pretty simple, our top plays just haven't been good.

BW26. 0G in his last 20.
KC81. 2G in his last 17.
PL80. 2G in his last 12.
NE27. 4G in his last 16.
JM44. 0G in his last 10.
MS55. 0G in his last 8.
NN62. 4G in his last 14.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

It seems like there's a correlation between playing sound defensive hockey and creating scoring opportunities.

Oh, wait... That's exactly what it is.

This team - the top 6 especially - gave up on playing 200 ft. again and it's dismantled their entire game.

Not even going to tune in tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

The Sharks have two wins in their last 15 games. Want to take a guess who they beat twice in that span?

This team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Quote from: Pigskin on March 28, 2023, 07:28:41 PM
It's pretty simple, our top plays just haven't been good.

BW26. 0G in his last 20.
KC81. 2G in his last 17.
PL80. 2G in his last 12.
NE27. 4G in his last 16.
JM44. 0G in his last 10.
MS55. 0G in his last 8.
NN62. 4G in his last 14.

Add another game to everyone on this list.

blue_gold_84

I kinda hope the Jets miss the playoffs at this point. They're currently up against the Garbage Knights who absolutely embarrassed the Jets earlier this season when they were actually playing competently.

It might be time to show Cheveldayoff the door and get some new blood in the manager's seat. TNSE seems to have rested on their laurels, so maybe missing the post-season for a second straight year could be the wake-up call the organization needs.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 29, 2023, 02:15:32 PM
I kinda hope the Jets miss the playoffs at this point. They're currently up against the Garbage Knights who absolutely embarrassed the Jets earlier this season when they were actually playing competently.

It might be time to show Cheveldayoff the door and get some new blood in the manager's seat. TNSE seems to have rested on their laurels, so maybe missing the post-season for a second straight year could be the wake-up call the organization needs.

Totally agree.

buckzumhoff

Better to make the playoffs if they do make it. Then he might be forced to truly play the players that are sitting and realize he doesn't have the right combination of players. Plus a few players are hurt Gagner and another player. We got too many players who dump it it on the corner . And wheeler on the top line is kind of sad . He started out the year on 3rd line now he's power play.

Pigskin

Sam Gagner is out for the rest of the season. I also don't think there is any chance CP91 is back this season. What you see, is what we have.

The Zipp

Maybe Bones is a terrible offensive coach...maybe not having a captain wasn't a good idea...

I do think 55 needs to be benched...

This team is a mess - GM, coach and players all to blame. 

Jesse

Just keep getting worse and worse.

Scheifele and Bowness pretty openly disagreeing with each other. One or both is gone next year.

Put me on the side that would rather see us miss the play-offs if it helps us make some changes. I don't believe Chevy is going anywhere but maybe they accept it's time to rebuild and develop a new core. The current one is toast.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on March 29, 2023, 10:20:35 PM
Just keep getting worse and worse.

Scheifele and Bowness pretty openly disagreeing with each other. One or both is gone next year.

Put me on the side that would rather see us miss the play-offs if it helps us make some changes. I don't believe Chevy is going anywhere but maybe they accept it's time to rebuild and develop a new core. The current one is toast.

Yes, if Bones and Chevy are still around I can see a few players wanting out. We already know PL80 is leaving, it just when. It looks like MS55 is done with the Jets. That would leave us with CP91. A small talented C that can't stay healthy. AL17 who is a 3rd. line C a beast of a man, and heart and soul of this team. Just not a lot of finish. 

What does Montreal have that we would want for PL80? Or would this have to been a three team trade. MS55 at just over $6m next season is a good price for a guy that can score 40 goals, and 65-80 points. BW26 and his $8M is to much for his talent at this point in his career.

2024-25 UFA's: BW26, MS55, NN62, PL80, Helli, BD5, DD2.

I am also thinking we miss the playoffs.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 30, 2023, 06:19:25 PM
Yes, if Bones and Chevy are still around I can see a few players wanting out. We already know PL80 is leaving, it just when. It looks like MS55 is done with the Jets. That would leave us with CP91. A small talented C that can't stay healthy. AL17 who is a 3rd. line C a beast of a man, and heart and soul of this team. Just not a lot of finish. 

What does Montreal have that we would want for PL80? Or would this have to been a three team trade. MS55 at just over $6m next season is a good price for a guy that can score 40 goals, and 65-80 points. BW26 and his $8M is to much for his talent at this point in his career.

2024-25 UFA's: BW26, MS55, NN62, PL80, Helli, BD5, DD2.

I am also thinking we miss the playoffs.

This is all fan and reporter speak though.

Chevy and everyone on top are going to keep the team as similar as they can. I realistically expect way less changes than any of us may hope for.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

Still licking my "fan wounds" from the  loss via Reimer's great shutout performance

Today, at practice, some pretty decent line juggling was done.
As reported, the move of MS55 to the wing with PLD & KC81 seems to have stirred a bubbling, speculation pot, even more
Niederreiter drops down to play wing with Lowry & Apple
Namestnikov, not good at the dot overall ,centers the Fly & Wheels but I suspect Wheeler will take most faceoffs.

Dream game vs Detroit will have Stenlund, Maenalanen, Ehlers, Dubois and KC81 each score with Wheels banging in 2 goals, MS55 gets 3 assists
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

Player sub-performance and and inability to play at a play off level, plus coaching changes that arguably have not worked out particularly well seems to the responsibility of management.  Perhaps that is the area that needs to be addressed in the off season.

The issue of players not excited about being in Winnipeg is a side issue that would be remedied if we had a playoff/Stanley Cup contender.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden