Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Some other Jets news. Dale's statue is now up. That is going to be a great night. This token or coin they will be giving out at the game, should be pretty cool also. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

John Lu coming to Winnipeg to cover the jets for TSN...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on September 27, 2022, 01:11:07 AM

I like this development. He was great in Montreal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

Can only wish for a sell out on Dale's tribute night
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Well just got home from the Jets game. Lots of empty seats. Connor looked very good tonight. D was pretty solid. Helly made some nice saves. Torgersson had a nice night.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2022, 03:14:35 AM
Well just got home from the Jets game. Lots of empty seats. Connor looked very good tonight. D was pretty solid. Helly made some nice saves. Torgersson had a nice night.

Bowness was not as kind in his assessment.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on September 28, 2022, 01:43:42 PM
Bowness was not as kind in his assessment.

Nor should he be. The Jets have a lot of work to do if they want to compete for a playoff spot in the gauntlet that is the Central Division.

I hope the team buys in and is up to the challenge.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jockitch

At practices today, 3rd day of camp watching.   Hustle, hustle always and high tempo of reps on drills.

Dillon and Heinola work very well together.   Toninato & Gagner must be looking over their shoulders as major competition is happening
Maenalanen, Torgesson, Stenlund, Gustafsson certainly impress and Reichel isn't to be ignored either.
Now throw in Morgan Barron, in a Red jersey, put in his first day at camp, in limited drills.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on September 29, 2022, 04:01:29 AM
At practices today, 3rd day of camp watching.   Hustle, hustle always and high tempo of reps on drills.

Dillon and Heinola work very well together.   Toninato & Gagner must be looking over their shoulders as major competition is happening
Maenalanen, Torgesson, Stenlund, Gustafsson certainly impress and Reichel isn't to be ignored either.
Now throw in Morgan Barron, in a Red jersey, put in his first day at camp, in limited drills.

There is a random collection of names I've never heard before that seem to be impressing.

Obviously wont shake up the top lines, but our bottom 6 might have a new look.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on September 27, 2022, 01:11:07 AM
native son coming home? If so that is cool.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

In a season or two Lambert just might be a mix of Conners & Ehlers  ....... wishful thinking

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Pigskin

I thought some of our young played well. Reichel, Maier, and Lambert. Far too many penalties.

Jockitch

A few careless penalties but unfortunately some very iffy calls made by refs going both ways

Though a Perfetti fan, can?t help but think a few players aren?t going to get an opportunity that his reputation may afford him

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

Chances galore that didn?t make it in but saw some nice skill offensively
Skinner was the difference overall.
Lambert may end up back in Jr. but what a talent that may blossom in the near future

HUSTLE & MUSCLE