Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Wandering if Chevy will stand pat till during TC, pre-season and review other team cuts.
Personally, as mentioned by others, Motte or Rodriguez might look good at TC.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Sounds like the Jets will have no Captain this year. Bowness will also decided who will be the Alternate captains. New coach, new leadership, I like it.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on September 16, 2022, 03:37:47 PM
Sounds like the Jets will have no Captain this year. Bowness will also decided who will be the Alternate captains. New coach, new leadership, I like it.

Wow really? They stripped Wheeler of his captaincy?
If so I love it. I think Blake is more of a foot soldier than a leader.
New Boss is in town I like it as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Disagree, as I believe that Wheels did well as Captain, IMHO.  We fans can be tough on players without being in their skates

Will Bowness name 3 or 4 as alternates ?  In essence the former assistant captains were also put on hold

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on September 16, 2022, 06:11:38 PM
Disagree, as I believe that Wheels did well as Captain, IMHO.  We fans can be tough on players without being in their skates

Will Bowness name 3 or 4 as alternates ?  In essence the former assistant captains were also put on hold

I like it because it gives BW26 time to just play hockey and not have to deal with all the crap that is going on around the team. it's a new being and everyone is accountable.

Pigskin

I think there is 7 teams right now that don't have a captain right now.

dd

Quote from: Jockitch on September 16, 2022, 06:11:38 PM

I agree. Wheeler is the closest thing to a captain this franchise has ever seen, and we thank him for his service by demoting him and then saying we are one big family. Wha wha Whaaaat?! Sure Ricky que up sister sledge and sing it for us. What a moron. You make someone captain when they?ve earned it and the respect of the locker room. Sorry, we don?t have 4 ?leaders? in our lineup. We have wheeler and we have sheriffs, and that?s it for leaders. Just look at the way they play and lead on the ice. You don?t need any letters on their jerseys just a pair of eyes to watch how they play. Absolutely ridiculous move, can?t wait for more from the rube we have behind the bench now. We are in for a long long nose dive with this team.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on September 16, 2022, 06:43:12 PM
I like it because it gives BW26 time to just play hockey and not have to deal with all the crap that is going on around the team. it's a new being and everyone is accountable.

Maybe this will help him get back to the basics. I'm interested to see who Bowness picks for the new group.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

DM83

I thought Wheeler sucked.  Then I learned he played with broken ribs, got through Covid, and  a quitter Coach all the while playing with a pouting Shieffle, and still putting up a ton of points.

Cripes what more do you want a guy to do.

Now it's time to put up with that floater Shieffle.  Notice how many times he appeared during televised interviews in the year 2022.

Jockitch

Enjoyed both first TC  practices . Really felt Wheels led by example in his group. However there definitely was no room for slackers today.
Wheel with PLD and Perfetti were good with the puck in creating close in chances.
Ehlers in the early grouping still looks soooooo sneaky fast ? Yahoo
Bowness, especially, and staff really get into the slapping of their sticks to motivate for tempo.
The tempo is extreme and tongues were hanging in both sessions at their finishes.

Aggressive of note, IMHO, Stanley pinching,  Harkins vs PLD, Stenlund, Reichel, Wheels and Lowry
Good flinish around the net, Perfetti, Gagner, Lambert, Malott, and a few of the usuals

Overall, feeling there will be know shortage of intensity during TC, cuz Bowness and staff are invested

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

Quote from: DM83 on September 20, 2022, 06:59:24 PM
I thought Wheeler sucked.  Then I learned he played with broken ribs, got through Covid, and  a quitter Coach all the while playing with a pouting Shieffle, and still putting up a ton of points.

Cripes what more do you want a guy to do.

Now it's time to put up with that floater Shieffle.  Notice how many times he appeared during televised interviews in the year 2022.
I agree. Wheeler gave his all, then he gets his C taken away from coach newbie, who preaches were all one big family?? What a total joke. I feel sorry for wheeler that he got treated this way, and I feel sorry for jets fans, as the incoming implosion is going to be painful!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Zero burger. Great start! Dubey was apparently coasting out there. Stanley had brain cramp after brain cramp in slow mo.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Jesse

My wife is amazing!