Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2022, 04:10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season  (Read 727 times)
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« on: August 16, 2022, 04:04:36 PM »

Still technically the off-season but this seemed like good news worth sharing: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/welcome-to-the-jets-sara-orlesky/c-335286544

WINNIPEG - True North Sports + Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets are excited to welcome seasoned sports broadcaster Sara Orlesky to the Jets content team. As Sr. Host/Producer, Orlesky will bring a unique voice and exceptional storytelling ability to the team's exclusive, in-depth and behind-the-scenes coverage across all Winnipeg Jets platforms.

Born and raised in Winnipeg, Orlesky is a familiar face for Winnipeg sports fans, having hosted Jets ON TSN broadcasts for the last 11 seasons. She brings 20 years of sports broadcasting experience to the Jets content team having covered premier sporting events across the globe, including the Stanley Cup Finals, IIHF World Junior Championships, and the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, as well as covering the sidelines for the last 13 Grey Cup broadcasts.

"Having covered the Jets since day one, I know how incredibly passionate fans are about this team," Orlesky said. "I'm excited to join the organization and help provide fans with new and exciting coverage of their favourite players and team."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 06:52:13 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

#forthew
#defendthecup

Back-to-back Grey Cup Champions!

Slava Ukraini!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 06:20:30 PM »

Congratulations to Sarah.  Always appreciated her on the Bomber games.  Great knowledge and personality.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »

Seems like an appropriate time to sticky the 2022/2023 Jets thread.  2021/2022 will be retired.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 06:47:26 PM »

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-celebrate-teemu-selanne-teppo-numminen-with-hall-of-fame-induction/c-335303706

Nov. 17th is the ceremony at the arena (vs. ANA). Love it!

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 01:28:03 AM »

oh cool this is awesome! I would like to be there for that one! Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:31:10 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 06:30:27 PM »

Alex Chiasson, 6'4" 210 vet forward shoots right. Looks like he is still an FA??? Played for 800K last year. This would be an good signing for a 3rd. or 4th line player. He's big and plays with lot of grit.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jockitch

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 08:14:18 PM »

TC is getting closer ......... what's happening Chevy

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
Jesse

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 08:39:19 PM »

Exactly what he's told us would happen.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 11:58:48 PM »

NOTHING FRIGGIN NOTHING!

blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »

Jets sign veteran F Gagner: https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-sign-sam-gagner-1.1843881

Nice move, IMO. Low risk, reasonably high reward.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
Jockitch

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 06:15:00 PM »

back on August 9th threw Gagner's name out there as a longshot to be signed , which was after I recommended Tyler Motte.
Who knew that Chevy was reading our discussions                                              or NOT  Grin Grin

Anyways, he still has to prove himself each shift but hopefully he provides the team with some savvy.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »

Basically fills the role Stastny had here but at a lower rate of production and thus, a much lower price. Should be able to fit into the bottom 6 quite nicely.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
Jesse

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 10:46:57 PM »

He had 31 points last season, which would have led anyone on our team outside of the top 6, so I think it?s good piece.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 04:30:01 PM »

He had 31 points last season, which would have led anyone on our team outside of the top 6, so I think it?s good piece.

Yes, After our top 6 we were not very productive.

KC81- 91 Points.
MS55- 70
PL80- 60
BW26- 60
NE27- 55
PS25- 45
JM44- 37
AC9- 35
NP4- 34
NS88- 32
AL17- 20

Pigskin

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 06:51:56 PM »

Jet's apparently have 5.5M in cap space left. Rodrigues, Motte, Sprong, Milano, Chiasson, still out there.

Jockitch

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 07:04:20 PM »

Wandering if Chevy will stand pat till during TC, pre-season and review other team cuts.
Personally, as mentioned by others, Motte or Rodriguez might look good at TC.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »

Motte signs with Ottawa, Not happy.

Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2022, 02:37:47 PM »

Sounds like the Jets will have no Captain this year. Bowness will also decided who will be the Alternate captains. New coach, new leadership, I like it.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2022, 04:45:00 PM »

Sounds like the Jets will have no Captain this year. Bowness will also decided who will be the Alternate captains. New coach, new leadership, I like it.

Wow really? They stripped Wheeler of his captaincy?
If so I love it. I think Blake is more of a foot soldier than a leader.
New Boss is in town I like it as well.

Jockitch

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2022, 05:11:38 PM »

Disagree, as I believe that Wheels did well as Captain, IMHO.  We fans can be tough on players without being in their skates

Will Bowness name 3 or 4 as alternates ?  In essence the former assistant captains were also put on hold

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
Pigskin

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »

Disagree, as I believe that Wheels did well as Captain, IMHO.  We fans can be tough on players without being in their skates

Will Bowness name 3 or 4 as alternates ?  In essence the former assistant captains were also put on hold

I like it because it gives BW26 time to just play hockey and not have to deal with all the crap that is going on around the team. it's a new being and everyone is accountable.

Pigskin

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »

I think there is 7 teams right now that don't have a captain right now.

dd

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2022, 05:18:17 AM »

I agree. Wheeler is the closest thing to a captain this franchise has ever seen, and we thank him for his service by demoting him and then saying we are one big family. Wha wha Whaaaat?! Sure Ricky que up sister sledge and sing it for us. What a moron. You make someone captain when they?ve earned it and the respect of the locker room. Sorry, we don?t have 4 ?leaders? in our lineup. We have wheeler and we have sheriffs, and that?s it for leaders. Just look at the way they play and lead on the ice. You don?t need any letters on their jerseys just a pair of eyes to watch how they play. Absolutely ridiculous move, can?t wait for more from the rube we have behind the bench now. We are in for a long long nose dive with this team.
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »

I like it because it gives BW26 time to just play hockey and not have to deal with all the crap that is going on around the team. it's a new being and everyone is accountable.

Maybe this will help him get back to the basics. I'm interested to see who Bowness picks for the new group.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
DM83

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2022, 05:59:24 PM »

I thought Wheeler sucked.  Then I learned he played with broken ribs, got through Covid, and  a quitter Coach all the while playing with a pouting Shieffle, and still putting up a ton of points.

Cripes what more do you want a guy to do.

Now it's time to put up with that floater Shieffle.  Notice how many times he appeared during televised interviews in the year 2022.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:59:49 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
Jockitch

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 02:06:11 AM »

Enjoyed both first TC  practices . Really felt Wheels led by example in his group. However there definitely was no room for slackers today.
Wheel with PLD and Perfetti were good with the puck in creating close in chances.
Ehlers in the early grouping still looks soooooo sneaky fast ? Yahoo
Bowness, especially, and staff really get into the slapping of their sticks to motivate for tempo.
The tempo is extreme and tongues were hanging in both sessions at their finishes.

Aggressive of note, IMHO, Stanley pinching,  Harkins vs PLD, Stenlund, Reichel, Wheels and Lowry
Good flinish around the net, Perfetti, Gagner, Lambert, Malott, and a few of the usuals

Overall, feeling there will be know shortage of intensity during TC, cuz Bowness and staff are invested

HUSTLE & MUSCLE
dd

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 08:23:11 PM »

I thought Wheeler sucked.  Then I learned he played with broken ribs, got through Covid, and  a quitter Coach all the while playing with a pouting Shieffle, and still putting up a ton of points.

Cripes what more do you want a guy to do.

Now it's time to put up with that floater Shieffle.  Notice how many times he appeared during televised interviews in the year 2022.
I agree. Wheeler gave his all, then he gets his C taken away from coach newbie, who preaches were all one big family?? What a total joke. I feel sorry for wheeler that he got treated this way, and I feel sorry for jets fans, as the incoming implosion is going to be painful!!!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2022, 01:21:11 AM »

Zero burger. Great start! Dubey was apparently coasting out there. Stanley had brain cramp after brain cramp in slow mo.

Pigskin

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2022, 02:24:24 PM »

First pre-season game.

Jesse

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 03:32:56 PM »

Went about as well as you would think.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 04:34:10 PM »

Some other Jets news. Dale's statue is now up. That is going to be a great night. This token or coin they will be giving out at the game, should be pretty cool also. 
« Last Edit: Today at 03:05:23 AM by Pigskin » Logged

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #31 on: Today at 12:11:07 AM »

John Lu coming to Winnipeg to cover the jets for TSN...
blue_gold_84

GC108 Champions!

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:17:56 AM »

John Lu coming to Winnipeg to cover the jets for TSN...

I like this development. He was great in Montreal.

#forthew
#defendthecup

Slava Ukraini!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: