Bomber IR questions

Started by Blue In BC, August 15, 2022, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

A couple of players were eligible to begin practice last week. I'm not aware that happened with the short week we had. A few more have been on the 6 game for 6 weeks after the last game.

Coming out of the bye, we might see some returning to practice or actually getting activated.

Since we don't really know the extent of each and every injury, it's all wishful thinking at the moment.

Alexander, Couture and Wilson would be nice to get back for the next game or the one after.

Anybody want to speculate when each of these three might return?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2022, 05:52:02 PM
A couple of players were eligible to begin practice last week. I'm not aware that happened with the short week we had. A few more have been on the 6 game for 6 weeks after the last game.

Coming out of the bye, we might see some returning to practice or actually getting activated.

Since we don't really know the extent of each and every injury, it's all wishful thinking at the moment.

Alexander, Couture and Wilson would be nice to get back for the next game or the one after.

Anybody want to speculate when each of these three might return?

I love speculating randomly! Here I go:

I believe Aleander is September at the earliest so is possibly even another month away. I'm not sure that's an injury you just throw a guy out there after a week of practice.

Wilson seemed like Achilles but haven't heard anything official. Gut says he's out for the year but who knows.

Couture, maybe? I heard he someone say he had some complications with the break but who knows? Out of the three, he's the guy I'd be least surprised to see back next week but again, pure guess!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2022, 07:06:36 PM

I believe Aleander is September at the earliest so is possibly even another month away. I'm not sure that's an injury you just throw a guy out there after a week of practice.

Wilson seemed like Achilles but haven't heard anything official. Gut says he's out for the year but who knows.

Couture, maybe? I heard he someone say he had some complications with the break but who knows? Out of the three, he's the guy I'd be least surprised to see back next week but again, pure guess!

I'd be happy with a quick return of Malcolm Thompson, I think there has been a visible drop off at Safety since he went down.

Blue In BC

Alexander wouldn't need to come back as a starter after one week of practice. He could come back and be the back up and see some lighter duty in rotation. All of that if he's healthy but not game ready. Aside from that game 11 or 12 might be more realistic. Some of that might revolve on how the team feels Hallett is doing starting and how Parker is viewed as the extra DB. I don't know that Alexander automatically becomes the starter when he gets activated.  Nothing to do with him not be the better safety. Just about game readiness after such a long time.

Wilson did appear to be an achilles but the severity hasn't been reported. I never heard anything about surgery needed to repair. Realistically I felt he would be lost for the season.

Couture could be a candidate and when he's activated it may start more as a back up / rotation for a game?

Thompson injury hasn't been talked about much. He may be back before Alexander which would give Alexander more time. No idea what his injury or time frame will be. He could be out much longer.

No idea if Richmond or Hallett on the 6 game will ever be healthy in 2022 since those injuries are carry overs from 2021.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 15, 2022, 07:06:36 PM

I heard the same thing about Couture. Sounds like he is not even close.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 15, 2022, 07:29:33 PM
I'd be happy with a quick return of Malcolm Thompson, I think there has been a visible drop off at Safety since he went down.

I don't know.  Thompson was pretty weak the first few weeks but then started getting involved a lot.  Hallett has been making some decent plays and big hits.  Hallett brings the wood for his size.

If there's a knock on Hallett, it's that he's not usually around on the deep balls?  But Thompson was often that way too.  Could be scheme.

Personally I'm fine with either guy at FS and moving BA to a DB spot (but not sure who's?).  But if we're still starting 8 NAT at that time I'd put BA back at FS.  Dude has a nose for the ball and definitely makes OCs and receivers think twice.

Couture: I'd love to see him back in simply to see how it affects Gray: A-gap problem worse or better?  Is there any chance we see Gray get benched and put Ko-man in his spot??  There's some intriguing possibilities at LG this year, esp if Desjar ever reappears.  Our OL has been the weak link lately on pass pro.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Once again, we've heard nothing about what any of these injuries are, what the projected healing time is, or if they have started practicing/working out.

We have literally nothing to speculate on.
My wife is amazing!

NewBlue

From what I saw on the sidelines last game, Alexander looked fine, cheering on his teammates, mind you he wasn't doing sprints or anything. Also he looked ripped.  I think he's could start practicing this week.
Couture still had a wrist brace, but we've seen OL play with clubs before.  I also think he could be practcing this week

Wilson though had a boot on and a noticable limp. He is weeks away from even practicing.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: NewBlue on August 16, 2022, 04:55:58 PM
Wilson though had a boot on and a noticable limp. He is weeks away from even practicing.

Ah, that was the boot guy.  I saw that and couldn't place the face (didn't get a good look).  Ya, probably a while on Wilson!  :D
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: NewBlue on August 16, 2022, 04:55:58 PM
From what I saw on the sidelines last game, Alexander looked fine, cheering on his teammates, mind you he wasn't doing sprints or anything. Also he looked ripped.  I think he's could start practicing this week.
Couture still had a wrist brace, but we've seen OL play with clubs before.  I also think he could be practcing this week

Thompson on the 6 game, so he will be out for a few more games.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 17, 2022, 10:12:43 PM
Thompson on the 6 game, so he will be out for a few more games.

Where did you read that? He was on the PR last week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 16, 2022, 01:10:36 PM
Where did you read that? He was on the PR last week.

That was posted on August 17th. His 6 weeks should have been up in early September.  So that's about right.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on September 16, 2022, 02:31:47 PM
That was posted on August 17th. His 6 weeks should have been up in early September.  So that's about right.

You must have your wires crossed?  You said Thompson and he is on this week's roster as depth at safety. Did you mean Wilson?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 16, 2022, 03:14:45 PM
You must have your wires crossed?  You said Thompson and he is on this week's roster as depth at safety. Did you mean Wilson?
Thompson was on the 6-game IR in August. You're just reading an old post.
It is a bit annoying when we bring up a post that hasn't been active in a month...