27 (39.1%)
Low - can't miss 2 in a row like that, put him on short leash
15 (21.7%)
Zero -Look for a new place kicker now
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

LXTSN

Quote from: northof30 on September 13, 2022, 07:09:41 PM
I agree. He bounced back in a very positive manner following the Montreal loss and deserves our support. There is still a lingering element of inconsistency that seems to crop up at unexpected times such as shorter field goals or PAT's so hopefully that doesn't hurt us in the playoffs.
Yep! It's hard to put your faith in a kicker, but Leggs is our guy and that's not changing for a while!
He's had a great overall season and I hope we have him for a long time!

Lincoln Locomotive

This....

Leggz has a better FG success rate than Castillo and his punting average is  almost 9 yards more as well!   Add to this that Castillo, had we retained him, would be paid considerably more than Leggz and he's an import as well.   Leggz by all accounts is having a better season than Castillo and because he's Canadian and performs ALL the kicking duties impacts the ratio in a significant manner.    This, in only his second year whereas Castillo is in his 6th season!!
I'm very happy MOS has continued to have faith in him and I hope he stays a Bomber for a long time!
Bomber fan for life

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 07:33:44 PM
This....

Leggz has a better FG success rate than Castillo and his punting average is  almost 9 yards more as well!   Add to this that Castillo, had we retained him, would be paid considerably more than Leggz and he's an import as well.   Leggz by all accounts is having a better season than Castillo and because he's Canadian and performs ALL the kicking duties impacts the ratio in a significant manner.    This, in only his second year whereas Castillo is in his 6th season!!
I'm very happy MOS has continued to have faith in him and I hope he stays a Bomber for a long time!

agree all!
Leggs is good and will be great! He is our future! :)

TecnoGenius

The main thing for me is consistency and resiliency.  I don't care if he misses 1 a game, even the odd important one.  If he's a 75% (or 80 or 85) kicker, then so be it, so long as each game is close to that average (or above).

What I hope we can avoid is the Hajrullahu syndrome where he loses his cookies in one game and blows 5 kicks.  That's the resiliency part: flushing the bad kicks and having a clean slate for the next one.  That is what made Meddy so good: each kick had the same % chance close to his average regardless of what his last kick was.

Ya, Hajrullahu went on to do good things, but when we fired him he was a 68% kicker who had lost us a game with 5 botched kicks.  It's entirely reasonable to fire a 68% kicker who is trending down (vs 87% rookie year).
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 07:33:44 PM
This....

top notch post! I agree. How can you not!?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 08:29:18 PM
The main thing for me is consistency and resiliency.  I don't care if he misses 1 a game, even the odd important one.  If he's a 75% (or 80 or 85) kicker, then so be it, so long as each game is close to that average (or above).

What I hope we can avoid is the Hajrullahu syndrome where he loses his cookies in one game and blows 5 kicks.  That's the resiliency part: flushing the bad kicks and having a clean slate for the next one.  That is what made Meddy so good: each kick had the same % chance close to his average regardless of what his last kick was.

Ya, Hajrullahu went on to do good things, but when we fired him he was a 68% kicker who had lost us a game with 5 botched kicks.  It's entirely reasonable to fire a 68% kicker who is trending down (vs 87% rookie year).

He makes a back kick or two but bounces back