Medium - let the kid learn, give him some more rope
27 (39.1%)
Low - can't miss 2 in a row like that, put him on short leash
15 (21.7%)
Zero -Look for a new place kicker now
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Pigskin

Yes, we have been talking about this all day in CFLers in the NFL. I don't know if he's done with the NFL just yet. I would also like to wait and see if Drew gets cut. Drew would be a big upgrade to our Canadian talent on our OL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

Thing with Lirim is his Canadian status and he punts.   He has a strong leg.   He has this next game to redeem himself and gain back his confidence.    If he does this, I don't think we see MOS/Walters pull the trigger on a new kicker.   All our games with the Stamps this year have been dog fights.....I expect the same and I wouldn't underestimate Maier at QB.   He's had good success against us in the past.
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 24, 2022, 02:10:24 PM
Thing with Lirim is his Canadian status and he punts.   He has a strong leg.   He has this next game to redeem himself and gain back his confidence.    If he does this, I don't think we see MOS/Walters pull the trigger on a new kicker.   All our games with the Stamps this year have been dog fights.....I expect the same and I wouldn't underestimate Maier at QB.   He's had good success against us in the past.

I doubt Liegghio has that short of a leash.

lol. Spell check.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2022, 03:25:11 PM
I doubt Liegghio has that short of a lease.

I'd bet his lease is a year.. like most leases... his leash, on the other hand...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Ards?..leash or lease. Speak St.Vitalese! Lol!

Leggio is probably going to be good.  Just not now. He will cost players,money
Trade for Castillo back

Tee42

His contract has an option for the 3rd year. Maybe they trade him.

Not sure what is available in the draft next year. 

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

On the post game show Taylor mentioned Leggs went 5 for 5 last night on his FG/XP combined.
Every single kick was from 32 yards out.
His miss on the last play in regulation vs. MTL? 32 yards out!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Tee42 on August 24, 2022, 05:51:52 PM
His contract has an option for the 3rd year. Maybe they trade him.

Not sure what is available in the draft next year. 

Defies logic. Even if he is a bad or worst kicker to ever play in the CFL, why would another team want to trade for him then? Who would then become our kicker? 
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tee42

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2022, 04:53:45 PM
Defies logic. Even if he is a bad or worst kicker to ever play in the CFL, why would another team want to trade for him then? Who would then become our kicker? 

according to the posters here, there are tons of kickers out there. Maybe pick someone up from down south in the off season.

theaardvark

So, bounce back game, 5 for 5 on kicking attempts, decent punting/kickoffs.

I think we have our kicker. 

Does all three jobs,at a decent price, as a NAT.

Sorry to those that want a change, but Leggs checks off all the boxes that make our team stronger and more versatile.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Yes, i think he had a very good game last night. Nice bounce back by a young kicker.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Tee42 on August 26, 2022, 04:56:34 PM
according to the posters here, there are tons of kickers out there. Maybe pick someone up from down south in the off season.

The pool of kickers is always a small pool. Teams don't bring in 10 kickers for TC. Some kickers can only punt or kick off. I dispute there are ever " tons " of kickers out there.

Bring in someone to compete in TC. Sure because an injury is always possible and workloads in TC are high.

The point is that you don't just trade away someone you think is not good enough. If that's true nobody wants to trade for him regardless of position. You also don't do that if you haven't found an alternative.

That's what not logical in your comments.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tee42

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2022, 06:39:34 PM
The pool of kickers is always a small pool. Teams don't bring in 10 kickers for TC. Some kickers can only punt or kick off. I dispute there are ever " tons " of kickers out there.

Bring in someone to compete in TC. Sure because an injury is always possible and workloads in TC are high.

The point is that you don't just trade away someone you think is not good enough. If that's true nobody wants to trade for him regardless of position. You also don't do that if you haven't found an alternative.

That's what not logical in your comments.

I know my thoughts are not logical. the purpose of the post was to bring attention to the option year on his contract. There are a lot of people that would like to see Leggs gone, those are not the logical people.

He is very valuable when you see the ages of some of the veteran kickers. AND he does all 3 and he is Canadian and he is young. $$$$

I

GOLDMEMBER

He went for a 5 to an 8 out 10 for me. It IS what have you done for me lately business.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Yes, Leggs' star is rising after last night's performance.  Not missing anything all night is a great accomplishment.  No real testing distances, but I'm more interested in seeing consistency at the must-make ranges (under 35).

My beef with him wasn't missing a 37 2 weeks ago, it was missing the 32 plus the rouge.

We'll see how he continues to perform.  I still think KW is eyeing a "playoff run kicker", I mean, why not?  We shall see!!
Never go full Rider!