Medium - let the kid learn, give him some more rope
27 (39.1%)
Low - can't miss 2 in a row like that, put him on short leash
15 (21.7%)
Zero -Look for a new place kicker now
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Tee42

Remember his first year he was supposed to learn under Medlock. That didn?t work out and he got thrown into it doing all three. He had misses vs Sask In the Labour Day classic, and then extra points in the banjo bowl. The fans went nuts, booing him on the field.  This stress was the fans, let?s face it Winnipeg is not an easy place to play in, we have too much passion and high expectations. That?s a level of stress in itself.
He came back this year and has been great, his punting and kick offs are good  FG are good.  He is 25 years old, he has many years left in the league. He will be one of the kickers that we say we should not have let him go.
We should back him not stress him out further.

buckzumhoff

Leggio knew he was going to kick the first field goal clock was down under 1 minite.  Then when they kicked iy there was 15 seconds on the clock they never Snapped it til the last second. They should have just kicked it not wait til clock winds diwn. I think he froze. Him and the centre and and the holder . they dhould have mourtado on stand by jusy in case they need him

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 16, 2022, 10:15:43 PM
Leggio knew he was going to kick the first field goal clock was down under 1 minite.  Then when they kicked iy there was 15 seconds on the clock they never Snapped it til the last second. They should have just kicked it not wait til clock winds diwn. I think he froze. Him and the centre and and the holder . they dhould have mourtado on stand by jusy in case they need him

Mourtada was consoling him after the first miss....either that or twisting the knife in deeper.  ;D

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 16, 2022, 10:34:17 PM
Mourtada was consoling him after the first miss....either that or twisting the knife in deeper.  ;D

He's like, I know how you feel... A lot!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ichabod_crane

One bad game out of 10, I will give the kid some slack. Hopefully he learns from the experience and not go into meltdown next game. I think he will come back fine vs Calgary. Not a time to panic and run him out of town like several kickers before. IF he really starts stinking the joint out the next few games, THEN time to look at who is available including Mourtada or other NFL cuts or kickers just waiting around to be picked up by someone. Too many chicken littles on this board sometimes.

Throw Long Bannatyne

There are always a few lost kickers floating around, two Natls. that are unaccounted for as far as I know are, Rockin' Ronnie Pfeffer and former Bomber draft pick Felix Menard-Briere, probably moved on from football but may be available in a pinch.  From what I recall Pfeffer was a good punter but an iffy F.G. kicker, and Briere had poor timing in his tryouts coming up against established kickers like Medlock but reports from TC were positive.

PloenFan

Last year, his first, his FG % was 62.5 %, and this year it's 82.6 %, which is about middle of the pack for CFL kickers.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/marc-liegghio/165764/

https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category=field_goals&season=2022

He's not far off Justin Medlock's career 86.5 % FG percentage.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/justin-medlock/149157/

dd

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 17, 2022, 05:53:27 AM
One bad game out of 10, I will give the kid some slack. Hopefully he learns from the experience and not go into meltdown next game. I think he will come back fine vs Calgary. Not a time to panic and run him out of town like several kickers before. IF he really starts stinking the joint out the next few games, THEN time to look at who is available including Mourtada or other NFL cuts or kickers just waiting around to be picked up by someone. Too many chicken littles on this board sometimes.
Agree 100%. He will learn from the pressure packed situation and move on. Guarantee MOS stays with him, he won?t bring anyone else in to shatter his confidence, he?s going with Legs all the way.

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 17, 2022, 04:24:06 PM
There are always a few lost kickers floating around, two Natls. that are unaccounted for as far as I know are, Rockin' Ronnie Pfeffer and former Bomber draft pick Felix Menard-Briere, probably moved on from football but may be available in a pinch.  From what I recall Pfeffer was a good punter but an iffy F.G. kicker, and Briere had poor timing in his tryouts coming up against established kickers like Medlock but reports from TC were positive.

Pass on both.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2022, 03:49:55 PM
Castillo was 10 / 13 FG's and 5/6 for the Bombers in 4 games in 2015. Lirim was 40 / 46 also in 2015. I can't really remember all the circumstances why neither were back in 2016. A general impression was that we wanted a better kicker?

Lirim missed 5 kicks in 1 game (near the end of the season?) that cost him his job.  I'll never forget the feeling each time we trotted him our for 1 more try... Kind of like trotting Leggs out on that OT kick.  We lost that game because of it, too.  When unseasoned kickers "lose it" during a game, they don't get "it" back.  After the 3rd miss every FG try should have been a 3rd down gamble.

I still can't believe Lirim has been in the NFL so long while Medlock never even got a look... We lucked out on the NFL's stupidity.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 18, 2022, 03:57:53 AM
Lirim missed 5 kicks in 1 game (near the end of the season?) that cost him his job.

Oh ya, he did that 5 misses AT IGF!  The postgame on CJOB was lots of fun that night...
Never go full Rider!

northof30

?Rate your confidence in Leggs?

In pressure situations my confidence is zero.

theaardvark

Quote from: northof30 on August 18, 2022, 04:17:54 AM
?Rate your confidence in Leggs?

In pressure situations my confidence is zero.

You miss the first game of the year?

He didn't
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 18, 2022, 03:57:53 AM

I still can't believe Lirim has been in the NFL so long while Medlock never even got a look... We lucked out on the NFL's stupidity.
Justin Medlock spent 4 seasons chasing his NFL dream. He had a cup of coffee with KC in 2007 and he played 11 games with Carolina in 2012.

There was an interview Medlock did while he was with Hamilton. He stated that the biggest challenge he faced was that he was a left footed kicker.

Every where he went, the incumbent holder had only held for right footers. In most instances, he would be paired with a random player as his holder to avoid messing with the incumbent.

In 2012, Medlock was paired with a training camp arm who he developed a chemistry with, which led to him landing the kicking job. Unfortunately, his training camp holder was released and he had to break in a new holder during the regular season and they never developed the same chemistry.

In 2013, even though he was the "veteran", Medlock was once again paired with someone new to the job while the rookie kickers got the incumbent holder.

I think going to the Argos in 2009 was the best thing for his career. Toronto had Kevin Eiben as a holder and he was 1 year removed from holding for another lefty in Noel Prefontaine.

Once he established himself as a premier kicker in the CFL he was able to call the shots when selecting his holder. He went through 7 holders while with the Blue Bombers.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71